Anywhere to buy and sell MagicBands other than Ebay?

Anthony Vito

DIS Veteran
This comes up because I’m trying to find a particular MagicBand - in this case, the one that came when booking the “Holiday Package” last Oct./Nov. It wasn’t a holiday MagicBand, but was just a MagicBand that would ship if you bought a package for sometime in 2018 prior to the holidays, which would allow you to give the MagicBands as a gift at Christmas. I have had very little luck other than Ebay, which can actually be pretty difficult to find a particular MagicBand since there are so many sellers just selling ones they bought. This especially difficult since that MagicBand didn’t have a name - not as easy a search. My wife really wanted this MagicBand, but we decided to take the high road and not book a package that we would knew we’d end up cancelling just to get the MagicBand (it wasn’t good pricing on the package itself). Now my wife keeps wishing she got it and has been hoping they’d do something similar for this year, but it doesn’t look like that will be happening. Obviously we’d have no issue buying a used one knowing we could just change out the puck.

All this being said, it makes me realize there have to be more people out there willing to buy used MagicBands that people don’t plan on using again, and vice versa - people who got special MagicBands but like to get new ones for each trip, aren’t as sentimental with them, etc. - who would sell/trade their MagicBands. For example, my parents were also on vacation when we went in April, and they joined us for the day. When asking them about MagicBand colors, my dad decided he wanted the Captain America one. Now we have that MagicBand and it would probably never get used again. It’s not worth the hassle of selling on Ebay, but if there was a forum where someone was looking to get that one for an upcoming trip, I’d be more interested in selling it for cheap or trading it to another Disboard-er (or similar Disney fan).

Any thoughts or has anyone seen such a forum?

Last edited:
I have that band, it looks like a Dooney band but it isn't. I really like it (so not for sale). You are right, it would be hard to search for on Ebay.

Actually found someone selling this band on ebay - for $375!!!! They lowered it recently to $225 - gee, what a deal! That’s just bonkers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter