AP holder discount rate question..

HollyJoy

DIS Veteran
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm looking into the whole AP thing. I know the benefit as far as the Theme Parks are concerned, but what's the deal with discounted rates for the resorts?? Are these an ongoing thing, or do they pop up at different times? Are there usually AP discounts in January? Please, somebody fill me in!!!

Thanks!

I'm pretty new to this board, but this is what I've gathered about the AP rates...

AP rates are released for certain times for certain resorts and rooms, usually a couple months in advance. For instance, the AP rates for July and August '05 check-in dates were just released. These saving are a flat rate discount: $25 off Value resorts, $50 off Moderate resorts, and $75 off Deluxe and Home-Away-From-Home resorts, but that can vary. This is off the "rack rates".

As for January, AP rates have been released for Jan-Feb (value season) for at least the last 3 years. The code has been released anywhere from October to early December. You need this code to call and book your room at an AP rate, BUT you do not need the AP in hand when you book (just when you check in). You also only need one AP for up to 3 rooms booked.

Resort savings are the biggest plus, but you also can get a 20% off dining card for $50 as well as other Disney savings.

Hope this helps!

Check out this link it has the past couple years ap and other codes on it.

http://www.mousesavers.com/faq.html#codechart

In the past from my research they seem to be a fairly standrad thing (other than Sept 2003). In Jan 2005 I got a moderate rate of $79 a night ($88.09 with tax). Watch out though cos the AP really makes you want to visit Disney more and more :goodvibes . (It has burnt a hole in my pocket!)

Thanks!!

One more question! Okay, so say that I go ahead and book All Star Movies for January, BEFORE I purchase my AP passes, and BEFORE the AP rates come out. Once the rates come out, can I call back and get the discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter