AP Holders: Should Disney "Stop the Clock" on passes until there is a Vaccine for COVID-19 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? Not being argumentative, just curious.

Because guests would just choose the date that they plan on going next. Regardless of it they were comfortable going before that date

I wasn’t going in March, but I have trips in June and October. If they’re still closed in June, but opens in July, I would just push my extension date to start the day I arrive in October even though secretly I would have been comfortable to go back much earlier if I had an Un cancelled trip

Because guests would just choose the date that they plan on going next. Regardless of it they were comfortable going before that date

I wasn’t going in March, but I have trips in June and October. If they’re still closed in June, but opens in July, I would just push my extension date to start the day I arrive in October even though secretly I would have been comfortable to go back much earlier if I had an Un cancelled trip

Oh for sure they would... but is giving someone that time to decide when they want to return really a big loss to Disney? APs are pretty loyal and usually renew. So at most, for an out of town visitor, they get one, maybe two trips out of a pass that would have expired? Idk...

Oh for sure they would... but is giving someone that time to decide when they want to return really a big loss to Disney? APs are pretty loyal and usually renew. So at most, for an out of town visitor, they get one, maybe two trips out of a pass that would have expired? Idk...

Yes, because next year is a very big year for them.If you give people the option to take their 2019-2020 APs and extend them into 2021 during their 50th anniversary, it would negatively impact their ticket sales during a year they were supposed to have huge attendance numbers.

Yes, because next year is a very big year for them.If you give people the option to take their 2019-2020 APs and extend them into 2021 during their 50th anniversary, it would negatively impact their ticket sales during a year they were supposed to have huge attendance numbers.

Yeah you're right. I guess I just assume that most APs renew anyways, but I don't know the stats on that. Maybe they will do something similar to Shanghai and start counting again when any advance reservation period ends. But if that period ended, and most parks and/or attractions weren't open, I would not be happy. I should really stop complaining about my first world problems though. I'm DVC and I will probably keep renewing my AP until the end of time since the price just keeps going up... so the Mouse has me for sure. 🤷‍♀️

I don’t think that’s abuse or taking advantage. You planned your AP to cover a trip that was cancelled, you would be getting back lost time by not starting your pass until the beginning of your next trip.

I think Disney would actually benefit from that kind of thing. If it results in an extra trip on an AP that otherwise wouldn’t have covered it, isn’t that still an overall win for them? AP holders who renew every year and come all the time aren’t as likely to need this feature or use it as a guest who buys APs infrequently depending on travel plans.

An option like that could very well get an extra trip out of my DH and I on top of our cancelled one being eventually rescheduled, but with the current extension/refund situation it’s a trip that 100% would not even be considered. We’ll be lucky if our AP even covers rescheduling. For our situation, they get way more money out of us if they are lenient with their policies.

Yeah you're right. I guess I just assume that most APs renew anyways, but I don't know the stats on that. Maybe they will do something similar to Shanghai and start counting again when any advance reservation period ends. But if that period ended, and most parks and/or attractions weren't open, I would not be happy. I should really stop complaining about my first world problems though. I'm DVC and I will probably keep renewing my AP until the end of time since the price just keeps going up... so the Mouse has me for sure. 🤷‍♀️

Most AP holders, especially locals renew. If you’re taking multiple trips down there a year, it would be financially irresponsible not to get an annual pass with the single day ticket prices now. I’m also DVC and I had a pass 2 years ago, then I re upped last October and it was I think $660 or something around there for the pass. That’s essentially 3 park hopper tickets.

I have my June trip (if its not cancelled) and I made a trip in October that my last day would have been the day before my pass expired. So with the extension or refund, I’m just taking the refund since I dont plan on going back down before next April-May and I’ll put that towards my renewal

Most AP holders, especially locals renew. If you’re taking multiple trips down there a year, it would be financially irresponsible not to get an annual pass with the single day ticket prices now. I’m also DVC and I had a pass 2 years ago, then I re upped last October and it was I think $660 or something around there for the pass. That’s essentially 3 park hopper tickets.

I have my June trip (if its not cancelled) and I made a trip in October that my last day would have been the day before my pass expired. So with the extension or refund, I’m just taking the refund since I dont plan on going back down before next April-May and I’ll put that towards my renewal

$660?? Ouch. 😭

That undiscounted AP price stings, lol.

How? Not being argumentative, just curious.
People would go in and start the pass on the first day of their next trip. For arguments sake, say someone bought an AP for two trips from out of state. One happened and one got cancelled because of COVID. They would just restart the pass when they planned to go next. You could also have a situation where someone from out of state used their pass for all of their planned visits but it also extends in to the closure timeframe. That person would get a “free” visit by gaming the system if they got to restart the pass when they wanted.

I know there are people who are going to lose out because of the closure because they don’t want to go back to the parks with COVID looming. The ability to get at least a two and a half month refund would compensate them a bit.

Hey now, some of us can't buy anything lower than a platinum pass *grumbles about living in stupid Michigan and not being able to afford DVC, which gets you access to gold*

Platinum is still very much worth it if you’re going to the parks more than 6 days, and thats without accounting for the discounts they provide. I find myself being able to enjoy my time in the parks more with an AP than when I bought single day tickets. I dont have to get there at rope drop and stay until closing. I can get there early, enjoy the atmosphere, ride a few rides, go back to grab lunch and take a nap, go for a dip in the pool and go back to the parks when I want. I dont feel the pressure of needing to rush my way through a day anymore

Platinum is still very much worth it if you’re going to the parks more than 6 days, and thats without accounting for the discounts they provide. I find myself being able to enjoy my time in the parks more with an AP than when I bought single day tickets. I dont have to get there at rope drop and stay until closing. I can get there early, enjoy the atmosphere, ride a few rides, go back to grab lunch and take a nap, go for a dip in the pool and go back to the parks when I want. I dont feel the pressure of needing to rush my way through a day anymore
It's definitely a different experience to have AP

Do you get a platinum discount too? The regular price on ours was I think somewhere between $1000 and $1100 a piece. We had the Canadian 20% discount on these, but 10 day hoppers for other people in our party on our cancelled trip were less than half that. Not even discounts, memory maker, and fuzzy Disney math help there lol. I guess you might mean 6 non consecutive days.

Do you get a platinum discount too? The regular price on ours was I think somewhere between $1000 and $1100 a piece. We had the Canadian 20% discount on these, but 10 day hoppers for other people in our party on our cancelled trip were less than half that. Not even discounts, memory maker, and fuzzy Disney math help there lol. I guess you might mean 6 non consecutive days.

Yes.

platinum is $899 for DVC and Florida Residents and $1,119 for non residents or DVC
Platinum plus is $999 for DVC and FR and $1,219 for non residents or DVC

but I don’t go during holidays where the Gold is blacked out, or go to the waterparks.

WDW / Disney needs to clarify their policy for each type of AP. Over the years we have had many different types - and when we moved to FL we had several different types of FL resident and DVC annual passes. Over the years we have move to the weekday AP's (weekends are for FB and I dont need to go in the hot/humid summer).

That said, what value is the day-for-day extension of the AP's if the days are blackout days. And I agree with the many comments that the value of the AP is with the "full experience". Disney is in a tough place - any thoughts? Thanks,

WDW / Disney needs to clarify their policy for each type of AP. Over the years we have had many different types - and when we moved to FL we had several different types of FL resident and DVC annual passes. Over the years we have move to the weekday AP's (weekends are for FB and I dont need to go in the hot/humid summer).

That said, what value is the day-for-day extension of the AP's if the days are blackout days. And I agree with the many comments that the value of the AP is with the "full experience". Disney is in a tough place - any thoughts? Thanks,

I think they will probably make it clear how the extension works especially regarding black our dates once they actually open. My hope is that once they are open they will be able to help those of us individually who aren’t satisfied with the 2 options given.

As long as APs are allowed in and all the parks are open it’s tough to draw that line in the sand as to what counts as a full experience, IMO.

I agree, when they make a decision they’re going to be in a tough spot. Well, they probably have already made a decision, much like they have a circled date, and backups for the park reopenings. But there are various different issues that would need to be addressed in refunds and extensions. They could lift blackout dates for the rest of the year, I suppose. I do think that their toughest decision comes in the form of when to start the clock. I think it Should be when the full experience resumes. Lack of Fireworks, shows, parades, M&G might not be a deal breaker for some, but some, most or all are very much preferable and part of what you paid for when you bought the AP.

but on the other hand, if my trip in June isn’t cancelled, all those things are off the table, and they don’t start the clock until full experience resumes, and I’m getting into the parks using my AP basically for free, and on top of that I get to receive a partial refund or an extension, theyd be losing out on a bit of money.

It has me worried that they’re going to turn APs off until full experience resumes and they reduce the price of tickets by a large sum. If they give me the option of starting the clock, using my AP with limited experiences or paying reduced ticket prices and pausing the clock until those experience resume, I’d probably opt for using my AP and starting the clock even with the limited experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter