AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

For edification, I posted that when I spoke to AP services last week about our options as a fully paid AP, they told me there are 4 options and that an e-mail will be coming to us in early July. I cannot speak to other options, or lack thereof, for anyone else and their situation(s). So I won't speculate or offer conjecture.
Totally understand. I’m just curious what other options they had in mind for anyone other than the two we know about.

For what it’s worth via 3rd hand story....
On a Facebook group I follow, a few people posted how they were overcharged again, today. 1 guy said he was hit for $1100 yesterday and another $1100 today (his bank’s fraud dept contacted him about this 2nd charge.)
While most seem to have have received a credit today, there might be some more problems.

Surely some heads have to be rolling at Disney’s IT department. They can’t possibly say “it’s not us, it’s you again” every time there’s an IT mishap.
I’m sure buried in the fine print of your AP agreement, upon activation of your pass, you give them authorization to charge whatever they want whenever they want as long as you understand it’s never their problem or fault.

Not that I am bitter of course.

every time I decide I’ll just roll with the punches on this AP, they make the punches harder.

CHeck your accounts. Some are saying charges happened again. Others refunded. Myself the pending charge is gone but usually I see that happen just before it becomes a finalized posted charge

I've been relatively understanding about most of the confusion and delays from Disney through the last few months, but this charging glitch is completely unacceptable. I haven't been hit - I'm paid in full and the card I used to purchase had to be replaced earlier this year, so they don't even have a way to charge me - but I have two friends who did get charged, one of whom had her account go negative because of it. Hitting people with several months of payments without warning would be bad enough in any situation, but to do so after specifically saying they wouldn't be charging those accounts is even worse. So many people are going to be hit with overdraft fees or be unable to make other payments. It's horrifying and I'm furious at Disney for such an incredible error.

I'm also startled by how downplayed it's being reported in the news - "Oops, little glitch, they're working on fixing it." Are you kidding me? Think how other companies are expected to react when there is a potential data breach with credit card information - credit monitoring, intense investigations, huge settlements (I know that's not immediate, but still), etc. But Disney skips the middle man and fraudulently takes money from accounts themselves and it's just "whoops, sorry"?

I have lost a huge amount of trust for Disney in this. A weak IT system for fastpasses is one thing, but to have so few protections on our finances that they can just accidentally take hundreds of dollars from people when they didn't intend to?! And apparently they didn't even stop it from happening again after the first round?! How can we trust them with any financial information in light of that?

Good luck to everyone trying to get the glitch charges fixed. I hope the corrections come quickly and that Disney bends over backwards to make amends for any financial issues they caused by this. I kinda doubt they will, but I hope they surprise me by doing the right thing.

I've been relatively understanding about most of the confusion and delays from Disney through the last few months, but this charging glitch is completely unacceptable. I haven't been hit - I'm paid in full and the card I used to purchase had to be replaced earlier this year, so they don't even have a way to charge me - but I have two friends who did get charged, one of whom had her account go negative because of it. Hitting people with several months of payments without warning would be bad enough in any situation, but to do so after specifically saying they wouldn't be charging those accounts is even worse. So many people are going to be hit with overdraft fees or be unable to make other payments. It's horrifying and I'm furious at Disney for such an incredible error.

I'm also startled by how downplayed it's being reported in the news - "Oops, little glitch, they're working on fixing it." Are you kidding me? Think how other companies are expected to react when there is a potential data breach with credit card information - credit monitoring, intense investigations, huge settlements (I know that's not immediate, but still), etc. But Disney skips the middle man and fraudulently takes money from accounts themselves and it's just "whoops, sorry"?

I have lost a huge amount of trust for Disney in this. A weak IT system for fastpasses is one thing, but to have so few protections on our finances that they can just accidentally take hundreds of dollars from people when they didn't intend to?! And apparently they didn't even stop it from happening again after the first round?! How can we trust them with any financial information in light of that?

Good luck to everyone trying to get the glitch charges fixed. I hope the corrections come quickly and that Disney bends over backwards to make amends for any financial issues they caused by this. I kinda doubt they will, but I hope they surprise me by doing the right thing.
I agree with you and what's most worrying is that they did not even send a "I'm sorry" email. Usually when companies make mistakes at least they send some sort of email acknowledging the issue and apologizing for the mistake

I wouldn't be surprised if the glitch could have been by design.

I have a feeling that Disney made this way too complicated from the jump. I've had none of theses issues from my Universal pass. So far my Disney ap has not extended it's expiration date even though I postponed it months ago. I'm going in September (Hopefully) so I need to reserve my park days. Disney is moving glacially slow on this.

I have a feeling that Disney made this way too complicated from the jump. I've had none of theses issues from my Universal pass. So far my Disney ap has not extended it's expiration date even though I postponed it months ago. I'm going in September (Hopefully) so I need to reserve my park days. Disney is moving glacially slow on this.

right? As far as Ap's, i feel Universal has handled it so much better. I like they sent out an email saying, we already extended your pass, thank you for being an AP (even though it doesn't show the update in the app for some reason)

And yet with Disney, I was sweating for my pass to be extended in time to make park reservations literally hours right before it opened

Totally understand. I’m just curious what other options they had in mind for anyone other than the two we know about.
4 options?...
1) AP remains active with extension for time the parks were closed plus one additional month added in October
2) refund for time park closed and AP remains active after opening if not yet expired (no additional month added in October)
3) refund for all time remaining on AP once the parks were closed
4) the mystery option?

So the parks open in days. I'm concerned if I don't have a resolution on my APs by the date they open, I will be foreclosed from doing anything at all.

So to those in the know--what do I need to do to receive a refund for all time remaining on my two fully paid Platinum Plus Annual Passes from the date of closure (March 16) to my expiration date (December 28)?

So the parks open in days. I'm concerned if I don't have a resolution on my APs by the date they open, I will be foreclosed from doing anything at all.

So to those in the know--what do I need to do to receive a refund for all time remaining on my two fully paid Platinum Plus Annual Passes from the date of closure (March 16) to my expiration date (December 28)?
The only thing I've seen, and which I did, was call and have them note on my account that I wanted a refund.

I've still not received this mysterious "4 Choice" early in July email that gives me further instructions.

The only thing I've seen, and which I did, was call and have them note on my account that I wanted a refund.

I've still not received this mysterious "4 Choice" early in July email that gives me further instructions.
Nor have I. No guidance emails from Disney on choices. I want to cancel and I don't want the parks to open July 11 and then have Disney say "too bad, you should've cancelled before we re-opened." I can't imagine Disney would do that, but I've been unpleasantly surprised with every step the company has taken regarding APs.

I'm really peeved that they took over $500 from our account on accident and still haven't corrected the error. No timeline for a fix. Still haven't even gotten our refund for the March payment. 2 hours on the phone so far and no progress on anything.

Is email the way to go? I really don't want to call again. This morning was a waste of time.

Should I just go through my bank?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter