AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

It sounds like different CMs have different understandings of how the AP extensions and “partial refunds” will work. I am looking forward to being able to read the actual terms and conditions on MDE or in a personal email (even though I never receive their email, no matter how often I’ve notified them), and not having to rely on a phone conversation with a CM.

To answer my own question (halfway), here is the info I received from Disney today (bold is mine):

"Annual passes that were paid in full at the time of purchase are going to be extended out by the length of time that the closure period meant you weren't able to visit (in your case, March 16th to May 10th), once the parks reopen. We currently don't know when exactly admission will resume for annual passholders who expired during the closure period. For example, everyone who has an extension due may begin that extension on July 11th, or they may be staggered - we do not have that information yet. I bring it up just to highlight the fact that it has not been announced for sure that it will begin on July 11th!"

Me:
Okay, so we may not be "active" when the parks first reopen, but the specifics haven't been decided yet?

Them: "That is correct! Your extension very well may begin the day the Theme Parks begin to reopen on July 11th, because it hasn't been established that it won't be, it just hasn't been established that it will be, either! I don't mean to sound daunting, but just want to highlight that there has not been a decision made either way."
They haven't made any decisions. At this point, we have NO idea how long the AP's will be extended. Even the CM's giving input don't know.

So, our AP expires in October. So.. Does that mean the AP "resets" on July 11 (only 2 parks open) or July 15 (4 parks open)? OR..... Does it mean it will "reset" when reservations are no longer required to go to a park?

In all fairness, I feel it should be when you don't need reservations (as my AP is good 365 for Park hopping as well). But, I am not privy to Disney management and their inner workings...But that is my vote-do it like Shanghai is doing AP's currently...

DeerH

So, our AP expires in October. So.. Does that mean the AP "resets" on July 11 (only 2 parks open) or July 15 (4 parks open)? OR..... Does it mean it will "reset" when reservations are no longer required to go to a park?

In all fairness, I feel it should be when you don't need reservations (as my AP is good 365 for Park hopping as well). But, I am not privy to Disney management and their inner workings...But that is my vote-do it like Shanghai is doing AP's currently...

DeerH
save this link https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/
this is the link where all aps need to go. I visit this page everyday, this is where they will post their info. Calling right now is useless as it is the same info as is in this link

All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.

that means either 11 or 15
unless they change it, they haven't so as of now that's what we got

save this link https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/
this is the link where all aps need to go. I visit this page everyday, this is where they will post their info. Calling right now is useless as it is the same info as is in this link

All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.

that means either 11 or 15
unless they change it, they haven't so as of now that's what we got
In fairness, the linked page does instruct you to call the Passholder line for a refund. If they’re not prepared to field those calls yet I totally get it, but WDW should amend the message to reflect that.

In fairness, the linked page does instruct you to call the Passholder line for a refund. If they’re not prepared to field those calls yet I totally get it, but WDW should amend the message to reflect that.
agreed

I donno - Shanghai opened in a limited capacity phase which required advanced reservations even from APs - what they formally call the "Advanced Reservation Period." They are continuing to extend AP expiration dates until the end of the Advanced Reservation Period there. Certainly no guarantees they do that here, but that seems to be a distinct possibility.

My AP expires on 1/11/20, so if I take the extension it will already push into May. If they decide to extend for the Advanced Reservation Period too, that will be a huge benefit to me! Fingers crossed they will do that. (I’m not a FL local but I‘ve been traveling to WDW a couple of times per year.)

Had thought about taking refund on my AP, expires 1/13/2021 but since the parks have been closed for so long going to extend and we will get a bonus trip in during my DD college spring break.

Same for me (see above)... we were supposed to go to F&G but we moved our trip to October... this will be incentive for us to try again next spring!

I agree with you. I'm sure there's a ton of annual passholders that live further than a day trip away that have to plan out their trips. I'm not alone in this, I'm sure I'm not.

Follow with me here a second. I live a thousand miles away and have a platinum plus annual pass. The email I received from Disney this morning states that my AP does not guarantee park admission, reservations can not be made MORE THAN SEVEN days prior to the proposed date of entry into the park, and only a certain number of days may be reserved at one time.

So, if I'm not staying in a resort hotel, and I have my own place two minutes from the parks, I can't plan a thousand mile trip to Florida with any type of guarantee that I'm going to get into ANY park, let alone park hopping and all those other "perks" I paid for with the pass. That pretty much makes my $1200 platinum plus annual pass unusable to me during the park reservation period.

I got an AP Email too and it said nothing about reservations not being made more than seven days in advance... where did you see this? Why would we get different versions of the AP email?

I am having an interesting dilemma that maybe some of you may have insight to. We have Gold APs that expire June 23. We had a trip planned for June 10th but was canceled due to park closures. So once they announced the parks were opening on the 11th we went ahead and booked DVC rooms for like July 21-26 since I know my passes will be extended. Now the question becomes about this reservation system. I guess technically I do not have park tickets right now for the time I want to go, so I have no idea if I will be able to actually reserve a park or not using this system. I guess best thing I can do is call Disney tomorrow, but I doubt they have an answer. I don’t really care what day I go to what park, I just want to be able to go to a park each day.

They haven't made any decisions. At this point, we have NO idea how long the AP's will be extended. Even the CM's giving input don't know.
I wasn’t asking about how long they would be extended, I just wanted to make sure mine would be since it’s expired. I think the how long is simple - the days you missed out on. That’s the most fair way to do it. No point in giving me “bonus” weeks on my pass.

I can't speak to what a phone CM tells you, but Disney's published info on their website is pretty clear:

All active Walt Disney World Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.

Annual Passes with renewal windows ending during the closure will also receive an extension of time to renew.

For Passholders participating in the Annual Pass Monthly Payment program, your monthly payments will continue as scheduled.

Over the coming weeks, Annual Pass details in My Disney Experience will be updated to reflect new pass usage information.

Pass blockout and admission calendars will not be updated during the closure period. Please visit this page for the most updated details.
My pass expired 4/28. I should still get the days added to my pass during the closure and the renewal window extension. However, my AP disappeared from My Disney Experience. Now I’m not sure what is going on, and I’m a little concerned calling won’t give me any answers either. This is all such a mess, and I truly feel for all the CMs trying to sort through so many unique situations.

Similar situation here. Our APs expired May 5/8th, and we had a trip cancelled for the end of April. We rebooked our trip for July 26-31 after I confirmed the passes would be extended, but I, too, do not have active tickets. We’re booked at the Swan and my dining plans are cancelled. Worried about getting passed over for park reservations! I’ve contacted several times, but no one knows when the expirations will be updated. All of this feels so last minute, it’s stressing me out!

I called yesterday because my son’s pass expired May 20 and ours expire in July before the parks open. I asked how that will work with passes and park reservations. The cm said the passes will be extended even if they’ve expired. Hopefully, it will be in time!

I am having an interesting dilemma that maybe some of you may have insight to. We have Gold APs that expire June 23. We had a trip planned for June 10th but was canceled due to park closures. So once they announced the parks were opening on the 11th we went ahead and booked DVC rooms for like July 21-26 since I know my passes will be extended. Now the question becomes about this reservation system. I guess technically I do not have park tickets right now for the time I want to go, so I have no idea if I will be able to actually reserve a park or not using this system. I guess best thing I can do is call Disney tomorrow, but I doubt they have an answer. I don’t really care what day I go to what park, I just want to be able to go to a park each day.
Merged you to ask existing thread on extension. Whatever language it's on the disney website is what the phone cm will tell you. Check the site everyday to see when that update the info. Im in the same situation as well

I'm still confused about the partial refund option. Since we are weekday AP holders, will they calculate the # of usable AP days (e.g. remove the blackout days) to come up with a "daily" rate? Once they have the # of possible days of use, then they could use this "daily" rate to calculate the AP value lost. Still in a holding pattern for that mysterious phone call from Disney to confirm our option.

I'm still confused about the partial refund option. Since we are weekday AP holders, will they calculate the # of usable AP days (e.g. remove the blackout days) to come up with a "daily" rate? Once they have the # of possible days of use, then they could use this "daily" rate to calculate the AP value lost. Still in a holding pattern for that mysterious phone call from Disney to confirm our option.
Yes that's what it was explained to me yesterday. They will extend or refund only the number of days of your ap depending on which one you have. So a gold, with the April b/o dates instead of being the whole month of April it'll be the number of days that ap would've been usable

Yes that's what it was explained to me yesterday. They will extend or refund only the number of days of your ap depending on which one you have. So a gold, with the April b/o dates instead of being the whole month of April it'll be the number of days that ap would've been usable
So silver won’t get the june July time added in

My pass expired 4/28. I should still get the days added to my pass during the closure and the renewal window extension. However, my AP disappeared from My Disney Experience. Now I’m not sure what is going on, and I’m a little concerned calling won’t give me any answers either. This is all such a mess, and I truly feel for all the CMs trying to sort through so many unique situations.
I am in the same boat. Passes expired April 13, they are no longer showing up in my Disney experience. I have a trip planned for Aug 2-7. CM I spoke to said APs have to be individually adjusted in each persons account, with reduced personnel, it will just take time to get it done. And then they still have to figure out I guess when the clock starts, etc. hope they get it together soon!

I did online chat and asked about our expired passes because ours can't be seen either. She said she could still see them on her end and they would be extended (at some point).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter