AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

has anyone actually seen the date of their pass extended? Right now mine expires April 6 with the 30 discounted renewal period out to May 6th. I don't trust that if I just let May 6th go by when the site says i'm outside my 30 renewal that is just going to magically let me have the discounted rate unless i see in black and white what the actual date it.
Mine expired March 16th. I should have one day whenever this ends. It currently says I have no tickets so I'm assuming mine shows expired.

From the Dis’ twitter feed...

Annual Passholders who are paid in full will automatically have their Annual Passes extended by the number of days that the theme parks are closed. Those Passholders also now have the option of a partial refund reflecting the closure period, thus keeping their expiration date the same. Disney will release information soon on how Passholders can receive a refund.

They aren't telling people in May to cancel, they are straight up cancelling. Several people in the May trip thread reported being unable to make payments at all and several of us with hard ticket events in May saw said tickets disappear and our money refunded. Disney is also not allowing anyone to book anything new before June 1. If your trips are still showing up it's probably a glitch tbh,

That’s interesting, because I have a trip planned for May 5-9, with a ticket to the MK After Hours on the 5th, and nothing has been cancelled or refunded. I fully expect my trip to be cancelled, but it’s odd how there seems to be random cancelling and refunding done by Disney. I’m early in the month, I’d think I’d be one of the first to get the axe.

My pass actually expires today. I'm so confused about when I should renew it because the expiration date hasn't changed in the system. We were supposed to be there 3/15-3/23 for one last trip with my AP. But our next trip is July 2-9th so I was planning to renew and then make fast passes soon for that trip. If I renew now, will they extend the expiration date on my new pass? I don't know if I should call and ask.

Check the website.... It seems they just updated the explanation for all of this.
And as usual... clear as mud! :crazy: haha.... jk. I think it does clarify some things!

For us we have a soon to be cancelled trip in early May and another trip planned for Nov. Pass expires end of Nov. For us to get an extra month or so doesn't do us any good, we wouldn't do two trips within 2 months. So getting back $60 - 70 is nice but if we try to redo the May trip next year, of course we need to shell out over a grand for two tickets/AP for Dh and I.

Of course there will be people who had a trip Feb this year, another planned in July and their pass expires in 2021, they may feel "woo hoo, we can do another spring trip next year.

Mine also expired on March 16th. On the app my AP is still listed but with the note "Expires 03/16/2020"...

We have a similar situation. Passes expired on 3/19 and listed in the app as "Expires 3/19".

The question is, when they reopen, would we get our 3 remaining pass-days from the day the parks reopen, or ALL the days that the parks were closed (example 45 days in the exceedingly rare case they were to open on May 1.) The language below leaves me confused as it seems to point toward the second case, but realistically we'd only expect to get the 3 days.

All active Walt Disney World Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.

We wouldn't be disappointed either way, just a nice bonus if we did get a longer extension once they reopen. Right now anything positive regarding this all clearing up would be great news, tickets or not.

I
ve been on hold for 30 min so far with the monthly payment AP hotline. My ap expires 5/14 want to know if I renew (to not lose the 15% discount and don't have to do another big up front payment) if I can renew and they would not charge until the parks reopen

We bought our FL resident AP's the day of MMRR opening. Now, we are wondering what the refund amount will be and how it will be calculated.

For those who paid in full, even if we get an extension at the end, wouldn’t the anniversary date remain the same? (So if you renew, you basically receive no benefit from the extension if your renewed pass expires one year from your original activation date?) Or is Disney being gracious and extending the anniversary date? If they aren’t, then it definitely seems like taking the partial refund would be a no-brainer if you plan on renewing...But maybe Disney has addressed this already and I missed it?

Seriously Disney management does things backwards. After 40 min on hold I get to an agent
She explains that in my situation(pass expires May 14) I can just wait and the expiration date will be moved however many days the parks are closed and then after that when it's my date to renew I will still get the 15% discount
She further went into detail that the press and PR department hurried this announcement but that the agents cannot do anything right now because they still don't have the tools to give out the refunds if people still want the refunds.
We laughed about it because I know how Disney works and she was worried about all the calls she'll get today and she won't be able to really help as they don't have the details in order yet. She also told me "but hey, at least it's job security"
so if calling today be patient and know you might not be able to process the refunds today. She told me they are expecting to get the tools later today or tomorrow

For those who paid in full, even if we get an extension at the end, wouldn’t the anniversary date remain the same? (So if you renew, you basically receive no benefit from the extension if your renewed pass expires one year from your original activation date?) Or is Disney being gracious and extending the anniversary date? If they aren’t, then it definitely seems like taking the partial refund would be a no-brainer if you plan on renewing...But maybe Disney has addressed this already and I missed it?
the way I understand it and the CM over the phone understands it is that
If you want the refund from the day the parks closed until April 5th your expiration date will remain the same
If you don't want the refund, they will extend the expiration date the number of days the parks have been closed
I'm sure this might change, as I stated in my previous post, the CM still don't have all the info

We have a similar situation. Passes expired on 3/19 and listed in the app as "Expires 3/19".

The question is, when they reopen, would we get our 3 remaining pass-days from the day the parks reopen, or ALL the days that the parks were closed (example 45 days in the exceedingly rare case they were to open on May 1.) The language below leaves me confused as it seems to point toward the second case, but realistically we'd only expect to get the 3 days.

All active Walt Disney World Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.

We wouldn't be disappointed either way, just a nice bonus if we did get a longer extension once they reopen. Right now anything positive regarding this all clearing up would be great news, tickets or not.

You'd get 3 remaining days. So, your pass expired 3/19. The park closed 3/16. The park re-opens 6/1. The number of days between 3/16 and 6/1 is 77 days.

So, 77 days will be added to your pass, expired 3/19. 77 days added to 3/19 is 6/4. So, you have 3 days remaining on your pass once it becomes valid again.

She also told me "but hey, at least it's job security"
so if calling today be patient and know you might not be able to process the refunds today. She told me they are expecting to get the tools later today or tomorrow
Sure job security until April 18. The Walt Disney Co announced yesterday it will furlough non-essential U.S. employees across the entire company, starting April 19. This is expected to impact all areas of the business beyond on the castmembers for the parks and resorts.

The AP confusion is just part of the evolving process or adjustments that are being made during this current situation. Everyone please don't call today if you can wait a few days. You will not be able to use your AP Extension for at least the next 60 days.

Dave

Sure job security until April 18. The Walt Disney Co announced yesterday it will furlough non-essential U.S. employees across the entire company, starting April 19. This is expected to impact all areas of the business beyond on the castmembers for the parks and resorts.

The AP confusion is just part of the evolving process or adjustments that are being made during this current situation. Everyone please don't call today if you can wait a few days. You will not be able to use your AP Extension for at least the next 60 days.

Dave
Not to derail the topic, idon't believe phone cm will be furloughed, they'll be needed to address the phone questions, in any case, it also depends if they're part of the union, conversations are underway and we don't know what, if anything, the unions will get the cm.
I'll have an answer on this next week

Dave
I have a friend that works in analytics for Disney and she said that CMs that work phone lines are considered essential, so most will keep their jobs. She said her department still doesn't know if they are considered essential, but should know by beginning of next week. Basically, since people need to call in to book, cancel, or change their reservations (especially with the new promo for people affected needing to take place over the phone, and the AP refunds and what not) they need phone CMs. Also care takes at AK & AKL will stay on, some grounds keepers, and some security will stay on. Obviously those that work in food service and house keeping, or those that run rides and stuff don't need to be on the payroll since there is nothing for them to do, but there are some that still need to work and they will continue to do so.

I got an alert on my phone thru the app about the options today. I read it then closed it and can not pull it up again. But I swear I remember reading that the "refund" aoption would be in the form of a credit towards a new ticket or pass. Did anyone else get that today? I looked everywhere and can not find the same information.

I got an alert on my phone thru the app about the options today. I read it then closed it and can not pull it up again. But I swear I remember reading that the "refund" aoption would be in the form of a credit towards a new ticket or pass. Did anyone else get that today? I looked everywhere and can not find the same information.
Also got a notification, but accidentally cleared it...

That’s interesting, because I have a trip planned for May 5-9, with a ticket to the MK After Hours on the 5th, and nothing has been cancelled or refunded. I fully expect my trip to be cancelled, but it’s odd how there seems to be random cancelling and refunding done by Disney. I’m early in the month, I’d think I’d be one of the first to get the axe.

Don't believe everything people post. I have a trip booked for May 23 and my daughter has one booked in May. There is a whole May 2020 forum. My daughter nor I have had our trips canceled by Disney or DVC in my case. Now, they may cancel it, but as of now I am 50 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter