AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Another conundrum for you.... the U.K. WDW site, isn’t accepting bookings until 1 January 2021. How does that impact U.K. APHs?

When do we have to decide whether we want the partial refund or the extension? Would like more information before deciding but don't want be told that I missed the "partial refund" option because they already extended my annual pass.
I called the AP phone line this past Wednesday after the announcement of the reopening. I asked for more detailed info regarding the AP refund and extension. I was told they couldn’t provide more info at the time because the re-opening plan hadn’t yet been approved by the Governor.
I asked if there was a deadline to decide whether I wanted the refund or the extension. The CM recommended I notify them with my decision by the end of this month. Not certain if that is a set deadline or just her recommendation. Has anyone else talked with a CM regarding this?

I called the AP phone line this past Wednesday after the announcement of the reopening. I asked for more detailed info regarding the AP refund and extension. I was told they couldn’t provide more info at the time because the re-opening plan hadn’t yet been approved by the Governor.
I asked if there was a deadline to decide whether I wanted the refund or the extension. The CM recommended I notify them with my decision by the end of this month. Not certain if that is a set deadline or just her recommendation. Has anyone else talked with a CM regarding this?

Good to know! Thank you! I will call them on Monday and see if I can get more info too.

The problem with Monday is it is June 1st. Is there a May 31 deadline to submit a request? Monday may be too late if there is.
I doubt that can be the case when they haven’t even announced any more information on extension dates or refund amounts.

When do we have to decide whether we want the partial refund or the extension? Would like more information before deciding but don't want be told that I missed the "partial refund" option because they already extended my annual pass.
I’m wondering about this too. Our passes expire June 7th and we don’t have a trip planned until November. If I extend our APs, it seems like they aren’t going to unblock the silver passes for summer so what use is that?
I was going to buy FL tickets for November instead of renewing but now ticket sales are blocked. It’s a rented DVC stay so I feel like I “have” to renew the AP. Would you guys renew or gamble on the refund/new ticket chances?

So Disneyland Shanghai is extending APs until the end of this Park Reservation System. It appears WDW is not going to do the same--only extending passes for March 16 to July 10/14.

While that is 100% within their terms and conditions, that doesn't mean it's fair and I think they will receive a lot of backlash if this holds true.

So Disneyland Shanghai is extending APs until the end of this Park Reservation System. It appears WDW is not going to do the same--only extending passes for March 16 to July 10/14.

While that is 100% within their terms and conditions, that doesn't mean it's fair and I think they will receive a lot of backlash if this holds true.
Where did you see those dates?

Where did you see those dates?
The website says the days the parks are closed. Those are the dates. Website says nothing like what Disney Shanghai says regarding suspension of time on APs until end of the period.

The website says the days the parks are closed. Those are the dates. Website says nothing like what Disney Shanghai says regarding suspension of time on APs until end of the period.
They haven’t updated that part since the closure so they may still make some changes. They have not announced the details yet.

Had thought about taking refund on my AP, expires 1/13/2021 but since the parks have been closed for so long going to extend and we will get a bonus trip in during my DD college spring break.

I thought I understood my options...then I joined a FB annual pass group and now I’m so confused🤪 my AP is paid for and valid until December 2020. I know I can have the pass extended for the amount of days the park was closed. I thought my other option was requesting a refund, meaning cancelling my pass and receiving a refund for the balance. The pass was valid for about 3 months before park closing so the refund for the 9months left. I know I’m not wording this “right” but I’m hoping you understand my meaning. I’m now reading that you can’t cancel your AP it’s just get a refund for the time the park was closed but your AP just picks up as normal or of course extend. I hope this makes some kind of sense

Disney has not really wronged most guest ticket situations so far. I can’t imagine they just flip the switch and start the AP clock during the limited/restricted capacity period. There has to be some interim step. (IMO)

Wow, I really hope that’s not the case, since many AP will be shut out by the reservation system at the beginning due to demand. It seems like they’re doing pretty much everything else the same as Shanghai, so I would hope they do the same thing with AP...

@GADisneyDad14 I agree. I just don't see them restarting everyone's AP when the parks are at limited capacity. Especially when you may not be able to obtain a reservation
You know, I was thinking the same thing. It's nice to think they won't, but the terms and conditions clearly give them the contractual right to do so.

However, being an attorney, I know that sometimes exercising a contractual protection doesn't always sit well with the masses. So I guess we just wait and see how it turns out.

I am concerned though, only because they are advertising doing something "special" for AP holders which may likely be the typical BS PR cover as if it's some grand gesture. Disney is really good at turning chicken S into chicken salad that people just eat up; see the implementation of After Hours. After Hours used to be called "MK open until 2am" until Disney figured out a way to avoid building a fifth park by closing MK and others early and charging a second admission on a ridiculous amount of days per year.

If a person paid x number of dollars for an AP that includes park hopping and Disney is only going to let them in one park per day (and may not even get in because there were no more reservations available) then I think some type of partial refund should be implemented.

If a person paid x number of dollars for an AP that includes park hopping and Disney is only going to let them in one park per day (and may not even get in because there were no more reservations available) then I think some type of partial refund should be implemented.
I agree with you. I'm sure there's a ton of annual passholders that live further than a day trip away that have to plan out their trips. I'm not alone in this, I'm sure I'm not.

Follow with me here a second. I live a thousand miles away and have a platinum plus annual pass. The email I received from Disney this morning states that my AP does not guarantee park admission, reservations can not be made MORE THAN SEVEN days prior to the proposed date of entry into the park, and only a certain number of days may be reserved at one time.

So, if I'm not staying in a resort hotel, and I have my own place two minutes from the parks, I can't plan a thousand mile trip to Florida with any type of guarantee that I'm going to get into ANY park, let alone park hopping and all those other "perks" I paid for with the pass. That pretty much makes my $1200 platinum plus annual pass unusable to me during the park reservation period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!