AP question if trip canceled

cerberus

"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exe
We have a short 4 day trip scheduled May 29-June 2 we are staying at the Royal Pacific and using our annual passes. Does anyone know if they are extending your annual passes if you rebook trip after they have expired.
TIA

We have a short 4 day trip scheduled May 29-June 2 we are staying at the Royal Pacific and using our annual passes. Does anyone know if they are extending your annual passes if you rebook trip after they have expired.
TIA

I did hear they were suspending AP payments during this time, I don’t recall the details on pushing out the expiration dates, wish I could help more but I’ve deleted the email already.

Thanks! I plan to call eventually but want sure if anyone had heard. We paid our membership in full for the year and had not planned to renew this year

TIA
I was told for each day the park is closed, your ap is extended for those dates.

For me instead of my AP expiring in August, it will expire a date in September.

(I renew my preferred ap yearly)

I can not speak on behalf of UO, but can say they will work with you
You can email them.

The e-mail I got when they closed said that APs will be extended by the amount of days they're closed.

Thank you both. Odd that I did not get an email.

Thank you both. Odd that I did not get an email.
Yeah - the IT department at Universal is not the best - its very random on who gets emails.

That being said - customer service wise Universal has been great - cant say the same for the Mouse - they seemed to have to keep changing their policy to be as good as Universal. So yeah - they are willing to work with you

I did not get an email yet (I called) but it was listed on the UO website number of days parks closed, ap adjustment for same

While I’m happy they are extending the AP the number of days the parks are closed, it doesn’t really help me. I only travel to the parks from October-early May due to the intolerable heat during the summer months. I had planned to go to the parks in a month with my AP expiring on June 2nd. Even though they will extend it, I’ll have most likely missed out on my May trip and it’ll be good until sometime in July or August... which are miserable Florida months.

While I’m happy they are extending the AP the number of days the parks are closed, it doesn’t really help me. I only travel to the parks from October-early May due to the intolerable heat during the summer months. I had planned to go to the parks in a month with my AP expiring on June 2nd. Even though they will extend it, I’ll have most likely missed out on my May trip and it’ll be good until sometime in July or August... which are miserable Florida months.

another situation here
we live in Europe. We've been passholders for a few years now, because we are lucky enough to come for 3 weeks at a time. But can only visit in August, due to work constraints.

DW and DS both renewed their AP in January, and are supposed to get 3 free months (renewal offer)
so their AP now expires April 15th 2021

there is not a snowball's chance we can visit the summer. Even if parks are reopened, which I doubt anyway, it looks like the border to the Schengen area will remain closed until at least september (or so it might be announced tomorrow) (Schengen area is the free trade area for EU, we will not be allowed out, or back in, so no travel, even if Mr Trump allows us back in the US, as we are currently banned from entering the US)

so it would require the parks to remain closed for a solid 4.5 months for DW and DS' APs to still be valid on next visit (if August '21 is a thing)

that would mean we'd have paid for a full year of APs without the opportunity to visit. I mean, when your concerns are about heat, which I understand, our concern is with the ability to fly 5000 miles each way, when borders are closed, when we're at work ...

I hope Universal will work with us when the crisis had sufficiently subsides, but I don't hold much hope for them giving us a free few months on top of everything
I think we'll basically be $1000 out of pocket, for this year. We can't even try and claim it with our travel insurance, that's a no go or so they have already said.

well, anyway, that's just first world problems, and I realise how futile it is, compared to what many familes have gone through, go through, and will go through with that virus

so everyone, stay safe, stay at home, and see you there when this is all over.

DW and DS both renewed their AP in January, and are supposed to get 3 free months (renewal offer)
so their AP now expires April 15th 2021

We don't live close to Orlando, but we do get APs. I never have them automatically renewed. I purchase new ones, each time, and only activate them on the first day of a new visit (after the previous AP has expired). That way, I don't have to worry about dead periods at the beginning of an APs date range. We usually only get to Orlando once a year...in the year we are activating new APs, we schedule whenever we want to...the next year, we just make sure to schedule a visit before the APs expire. Then, we don't buy APs until the next year.

Contact UO privately
You already know the answer that they will work with you

I had forgotten about that thread, but I think I need to update, and say that I can't speak highly enough of UO customer services

so, to sum up the situation detailed in a previous post

we live in France, can no longer visit during the validity of our APs due to travel bans

we have renewed our APs early this year and never had the chance to enter any park since renewal, and won't be able to visit until expiration, even with closure time extension and renewal 3 extra months free

after a few emails back and forth, here is where we stand at :

- They offer us COMPLIMENTARY APs valid for 1 year. Same AP flavor, including blockout dates, restrictions and perks
- No time limit to redeem this offer. Meaning that we can come back in a few years time, and still be able to get full validity on our APs
- Universal Orlando has provided us with a GC case number to redeem this offer at Guest Services

I knew they would work with us, but, they exceeded all my expectations

so, thank you Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!