AP question

DMKEDM

DIS Veteran
Can anyone help w/this timing question?

DS & I have APs that expire around 11/23...I had thought I'd simply renew them when I go to WDW this coming 11/19...

However, I've just read of the rumor of ticket price increases coming in the next few days (last year I missed beating the ticket price increase by just a few hours!)...so I'm thinking I might want to renew our APs "now" instead...

Can I pay now for a renewal of the AP effective 11/22? Can I do this through the Disney CRO number? MS? (I'd like to ask questions, so not sure I want to do it online)

Also, does anyone know what the DVC member price of renewal is? Price of buying a new AP?

Thanks so much...

I believe you can only renew within 30 days of the expiration date of your current annual pass. You can call Member Services to confirm that. They should also be able to give you any pricing.

Thanks for the response...I decided to go ahead and call MS (got through w/no wait at all)...if anyone else is wondering about this info, here's what they told me:

You can renew an AP 30 days before it expires thru 30 days after it expires--so no, I can't renew an AP that expires in November right now to beat the price increase.

(By the way, the CM I talked to said she hadn't heard about a price increase, but noted that it could happen)...

Next, current prices: DVC member renewal rate (for an adult) is $323.76; rate to buy a new AP (also w/the DVC member discount) is $355.71. So...if the price increase is less than $32, it's still more cost-effective to wait and renew than to buy a new AP "now" to beat the price increase...

Thanks DMK, I actually was thinking about doing this as my AP expires mid October, so it doesn't look like it will work for me either.

I am kind of surprised at the small difference in renewal rate and brand new.

Thanks DMK, I actually was thinking about doing this as my AP expires mid October, so it doesn't look like it will work for me either.

I am kind of surprised at the small difference in renewal rate and brand new.

Me too. Expires in mid OCT in the middle of our trip and remembered that they increased the AP last Aug. Guess I should just renew if the price increase is not more than that 32 figure...thanks for figuring that out. Oh and last year I put it on my Discover card because they had a theme park 5% back rebate. I bought it on line, and At first they didn't give it to me but emailed Discover telling them it was a park pass and they gave me the 15 cash back....Sweet.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter