AP rates for 2018

robincorn4

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I am going to Universal in Jan 2018 and am considering getting a AP. The question is about getting an AP hotel discount. All the AP rates I see end in 2017. When do AP hotel rates usually come out? Should I expect that there will be one? I tend to overplan things so I would like to make a decision whether to stay on or off site(depends on if there is an AP rate) sooner rather than later. Thanks for any help.

What dates in January and how many nights is the stay ?

Ap rates should be known soon
A few times I booked ap rate for January saw ap rates early November

Rates will be higher the first week of January

This year I got ap rate at $204 a night last week of the month for weekend dates At rpr

Smsm rates can be good but requires a specific number of night stay
Smsm rates sometimes requires a 3 or 4 night stay

We are going mid Jan and staying 2 nights. Looking daily on Universal's Pass holder / hotels tab to see the date extended beyond Dec 21. Hopefully soon! :)

We are hoping to book an AP rate Thursday after MLK, Jr. weekend. Checking daily for an extension beyond Dec 21.

I'm looking at MLK for a long weekend into that Tuesday. Definitely wondering if I'll be able to get a standard room at RPH with an AP rate.

Did you look at this year's date/rate thread to see if anyone snagged one for this weekend?

Keishashadow will probably start the date/rate 2018 sticky soon

Peeps will start posting when she puts it up

Just thought I'd put out that that I contacted universal GS to ask if they have information on when AP rates get released and the answer was "no" :( So I'm still waiting!

Im looking at dates for the last week of January now
Only see smsm and no ap yet

If rates don't come down, my alternative dates would be early February

Not unusual for ap rates to come out early December for January

Im looking at dates for the last week of January now
Only see smsm and no ap yet

If rates don't come down, my alternative dates would be early February

Not unusual for ap rates to come out early December for January
Not the news I'm wanting to hear. We need to have lawyer's letters drawn up because my friend and I are travelling with our kids, but not our spouses. The letters require the hotel address. We travel Jan 2. Waiting until December to get these letters done is crazy. Very frustrating! Ridiculous having to wait until less than a month out to finalise plans.

Just an update.

I don't have the patience to wait for the AP rates for January! Plus, I have to book flights and they went up a little over this past weekend. So...this morning I got an Orbitz package code and booked direct flights from Portland, OR with 4 nights at RP for only $100 more than I was hoping to pay total with an AP rate on the hotel :) Now I will still continue to check the AP rates and hopefully be happy with my choice instead of cursing my lack of patience.

USF nub here... Once these rates come out can you book them w/o an AP in hand, or does it have to be linked like Disney does with MDE? Also, for those that live here- are FL resident rates usually the same, higher or lower than AP rates? TIA.

USF nub here... Once these rates come out can you book them w/o an AP in hand, or does it have to be linked like Disney does with MDE? Also, for those that live here- are FL resident rates usually the same, higher or lower than AP rates? TIA.

I don't know it all, but you can book with the APH promo code and then show your new AP once you are onsite and have it in your possession. This is how I handled our first visit since I didn't have the AP yet.

FL and APH rates are usually very similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!