AP rates for 9/1-10/31 are out

I think this is the first time since having an AP (and I've had one for at least 10 years) I haven't been able to get an AP rate or do better than expedia/etc with one. I've currently got a reservation thru expedia at WL for the last weekend in Sept. I was really hoping to do better with an AP rate, but this is really a mess. oh well.

Some of the crazy stuff has been fixed and I was able to get $310 club level at WL and $265 BWI for September. Lots of the other ones still looked like they were wrong, and we had to a split stay to actually get a good rate continuously. If we stayed in the same place for the whole trip, the rate for one pretty much tripled.

Any of you tried to call today and were you able to get through ? I am on my phone now waiting for check to see if I have a pin which came out today... saying a 60 minute wait and I know some of you had issues with calling /logging in ...

I looked today and the discounts were a joke! I'm hoping it's still system glitches! I may be staying home and not adding days onto my work conference!

The whole system just seems to be weird and not make sense right now. It's hard to believe there is really NO availability at so many of those resorts in mid-september. I know F&W and MNSSHP will be then, but still, it seems off! Isn't that supposed to be a non-busy time?

No, nothing normal about this at all. The strangest of all is that some of these are including the Dining Plan and you can't remove it. Never seen that with the AP rate before

And there were packages with ticket purchase requirements showing as well. I've never seen a ticket purchase requirement on an AP specific promotion - that's kind of silly considering we all have AP's! I think the system is still squirrelly. I'm glad I have a really good rate at Pop already booked for September. Maybe they'll get all the bugs worked out before I start watching for AP rates for my December trip.

I was able to switch my Enchanted Escape discount room only reservation at POR to a Passholder Enchanted Escape discount for the same resort, same dates. Went from $176/night garden view to $165/night garden view. Saved me about $35. Whoopee, not, lol. Dates are Sept 13-16. Switching to Kidani the next day. Very disappointing discounts, but better than nothing.

I was able to switch my Enchanted Escape discount room only reservation at POR to a Passholder Enchanted Escape discount for the same resort, same dates. Went from $176/night garden view to $165/night garden view. Saved me about $35. Whoopee, not, lol. Dates are Sept 13-16. Switching to Kidani the next day. Very disappointing discounts, but better than nothing.
Nice! Did you have to call, or were you able to do it online?

It was complicated but we went in and got the Passholder rate for our 3 nights and saved $90. Unfortunately, I had to book each night one by one. So I now have 3 reservations all at ASM. Do you think they will be able to link our reservations or will we move each day?

I was FINALLY able to get the AP discount for POFQ for my dates. After an email exchange, they called me and were able to book a new room with 25% discount and cancelled my existing one with 20% discount (which had somehow gotten changed to a "Basic Package" instead of just a room-only). Saved about $100, which is enough to cover 1.5 dessert parties! Every little bit counts

I was FINALLY able to get the AP discount for POFQ for my dates. After an email exchange, they called me and were able to book a new room with 25% discount and cancelled my existing one with 20% discount (which had somehow gotten changed to a "Basic Package" instead of just a room-only). Saved about $100, which is enough to cover 1.5 dessert parties! Every little bit counts

for what dates?

Sept 9-18. If I tried to book online for POFQ it just showed a package but GS was able to get a 25% off room.
That's the resort that was stuck with dining added, right? So strange they can't get the website straightened out for room only booking with the AP discount. Clearly there is no dining on that, or shouldn't be

That's the resort that was stuck with dining added, right? So strange they can't get the website straightened out for room only booking with the AP discount. Clearly there is no dining on that, or shouldn't be
Yup, exactly. I tried to explain that even if I searched for a new reservation it only showed as a package but it seems she didn't see the same thing! She did have to go searching for it all and call me back about 30 minutes later after reserving it. Then got my ok to cancel our previous reservation. Of course I had just paid off the reservation yesterday via gift cards. The value for one of the cards went back on just fine, but the other one seems to have issues (I had loaded it with other cards since then so once the amount was refunded it will be over $1,000!) I'll have to call tomorrow to get it all figured out!

Yup, exactly. I tried to explain that even if I searched for a new reservation it only showed as a package but it seems she didn't see the same thing! She did have to go searching for it all and call me back about 30 minutes later after reserving it. Then got my ok to cancel our previous reservation. Of course I had just paid off the reservation yesterday via gift cards. The value for one of the cards went back on just fine, but the other one seems to have issues (I had loaded it with other cards since then so once the amount was refunded it will be over $1,000!) I'll have to call tomorrow to get it all figured out!
What a mess!

What a mess!
BTW-they were able to get it all worked out. So I had many, many Disney GCs from Target which were consolidated into a few via the website. So I had GC 1, which was $1000; this one was refunded with no problem. Then I had GC 2, where I had paid an additional $580 for the resort reservation. After that was off the card, I transfered additional card balances for a total of ~$700. Disney had placed a hold on the transfer of the $580 because it would have ended up over $1000. So this morning I first transferred the $700 onto GC 3, called Disney, and they were able to release the rest of the money. I then used the $1000 and part of the $700 for my balance on the new booking. Then I transfered the leftover from GC 3 onto GC 2, so now I have about $650 left on GC 2! Phew!

The CM I talked to on the phone was so sweet though-I mentioned I had all the GCs from Target and she was like, I hear that all the time but never understand how they are saving money. I explained the whole Redcard and how GCs are discounted 5%, and she was like-OMG I'm heading there after work to stock up on cards for restaurants I go to!

Website is still messed up. Just went on and it is still showing the AP Room only rate as a package.

Certain hotels it shows the room only and others it shows the package rate for ROOM ONLY

Def something wrong with site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!