AP Renewal or "New"

BobbyBond2

Earning My Ears
So, I forgot to renew my AP a few months ago and will be going back in a few months. Do I need to buy a new one, or will they let me "renew" my existing one? If not, will they just reactivate my existing one at the "new" rate?

Thanks!

Honestly, if you haven’t been for a few months and you’re not going for a few more months, I don’t see why you would even want to renew. A renewal keeps your expiration date and moves it out a year, but it sounds like you are skipping multiple months at the parks. With a renewal you’d be paying for them. With a new pass, you start the expiration clock ticking with your first tap in.

We never renew. If you arrange your trips right, you can get 2 or more trips on an AP. We did Jan. and Aug. this year and have another in December.
Yup, this is my strategy, too. Last year, I cheated a bit and did a trip for HHN in the between-AP period. It was really fantastic because we discovered that sleeping late and chilling during the day meant we could hit it hard for HHN and stay all the way to the very end. This year, we had APs during our HHN trip, but we still mainly used them for Stay and Scream rather than real park time. I would absolutely do another HHN only trip with no AP in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter