AP Room rate or Code rate with Dining Plan?

crisrn2003

Mouseketeer
Sorry if someone has addressed this already--if so, please feel free to redirect me. I'm just trying to figure out how best to work the system to our advantage and need some help. We really like the dining plan option and would like to be able to use it. We also like the anticipated discount rates for AP holders or the codes everyone keeps talking about. Can we do a room ressie and still get the dining plan? If not that way, can I get an AP, reserve two rooms at POP (me in one room and family booked into another) with them being eligible for the Dining plan and me eligible for the DDE? Having two rooms would be a great option for us anyway as DH is a BIG snorer--I could get away from him and get some sleep (lol). Somebody, ANYbody, HELP!!! In addition, we have AAA so we can do that if necessary. Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give us!!

My understanding is that the dining option is only available to those booking packages (room and tickets together). This means that if you booked both rooms with the AP discount no one in either room could add on the dining option. Keep in mind your other options -- book at the AAA rate rather than the AP rate. I booked two rooms this coming June at Pop with AAA and then rebooked when the AP rates came out. I'm saving less than $150 total. So, the $150 savings might not be worth it if the dining option is really important to you. Or, you could book with the AP and take advantage of the DDE. I think for most people, this is the better option since it doesn't rope you into eating a certain amount of food each day. And, it is good for up to 10 people, as long as they're on the same check. Basically, I'd book with the AAA discount right away, then compare prices after the AP discounts are released.

Good luck!!

crisrn2003 said:
Sorry if someone has addressed this already--if so, please feel free to redirect me. I'm just trying to figure out how best to work the system to our advantage and need some help. We really like the dining plan option and would like to be able to use it. We also like the anticipated discount rates for AP holders or the codes everyone keeps talking about. Can we do a room ressie and still get the dining plan? If not that way, can I get an AP, reserve two rooms at POP (me in one room and family booked into another) with them being eligible for the Dining plan and me eligible for the DDE? Having two rooms would be a great option for us anyway as DH is a BIG snorer--I could get away from him and get some sleep (lol). Somebody, ANYbody, HELP!!! In addition, we have AAA so we can do that if necessary. Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give us!!

The new Dining Plan is actually very nice and I feel that it is a good value. You get one sit down meal, one counter service meal, and one snack per day per person in your group. Your snack would be one soft drink OR one popcorn OR one ice cream bar. If you want to go to the top premium restaurants, it will cost you two of your sit down choices/coupouns. But all of the character meals and many other restaurants are only one coupon. It is very popular right now.

BUT, it is only available with Magic Your Way packages. So to have the Dining Plan, you must purchase a package. Annual Pass discounts are not available on packages, but then packages contain tickets which AP holders do not need. There are no codes on packages either. Although Disney will occasstionally come up with some type of special on their packages.

I notice that you are from Alabama. Therefore you would not be eligible for the DDE. You must be a Florida resident to purchase DDE.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :bounce:

DDE is now available for $50 to out of state AP holders. We purchased one for our short stay a couple of weeks ago and it already has paid for itself. 20% off a sit down meal for a family is a very good deal. We will have 9 days in October and plan to use the heck out of it!! :cool1:

You can use the dining plan with a discounted room code. (email or postcard) When I called yesterday, the CM I spoke to gave me the three letter code to request if I decide to add dining to my room.
I'm not sure if I can post it here.

It isn't a discount code. It just allows CRO to add dining & park passes to a discounted room.

snowmouse said:
DDE is now available for $50 to out of state AP holders. We purchased one for our short stay a couple of weeks ago and it already has paid for itself. 20% off a sit down meal for a family is a very good deal. We will have 9 days in October and plan to use the heck out of it!! :cool1:

This was news to me. I had not heard about the change. Congratulations. I purchsed the DDE as soon as I moved to Florida and got my Florida driver's license. Like you, it paid for itself within the first few meals that I purchased with it. Great deal. I am glad that it is now available for annual pass holders.

disneyjunkie said:
You can use the dining plan with a discounted room code. (email or postcard) When I called yesterday, the CM I spoke to gave me the three letter code to request if I decide to add dining to my room.
I'm not sure if I can post it here.

It isn't a discount code. It just allows CRO to add dining & park passes to a discounted room.

I just called and asked this same question (before reading your post!) I would love to do the dining plan, but I think it would be more advantagous to book a room only using a Florida Resident code (thru my parents that are FL res.) I asked specifically if any codes/discounts could be applied, and then add on a MYA + Dining, the CM was very kind, and said that as long as she knew no. I stated that I was trying to decide if I should purchase tickets seperately from the internet, which is cheaper, but I dont have the option of Dining... but I'd save money!! :confused3

I also asked talking about how I understood that most discounts are applied to the room only portion...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter