AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is contributing to APs not going on sale for the rest of us if its true no more will be released until a number have been allowed to lapse. His parents could have bought him an AP last fall in anticipation of his birthday. They didn’t. Some of us didn’t buy thinking too that we could purchase at a later date. We should both be out of luck and have an equal opportunity to buy if sales reopen.
This is the most ludicrous thing I have see on these boards and I have seen some ludicrous things. The idea of denying a family of this is mind bending to me. The lack of empathy on this topic is even more confusing to me. Society is in a very sad place at the moment.

I don’t have an AP. I desperately want one. I don’t feel entitled to one. I have zero issue with the 3 year old even if that means me not getting one sooner (because guess what, I am not that self absorbed). And all my kids are over 3 so this will never benefit me.

This is the most ludicrous thing I have see on these boards and I have seen some ludicrous things. The idea of denying a family of this is mind bending to me. The lack of empathy on this topic is even more confusing to me. Society is in a very sad place at the moment.

I don’t have an AP. I desperately want one. I don’t feel entitled to one. I have zero issue with the 3 year old even if that means me not getting one sooner (because guess what, I am not that self absorbed). And all my kids are over 3 so this will never benefit me.
Not so sure here. A family of five wants five AP’s, but has only four and can’t get a fifth.

Yet another family of five with the youngest turning three cannot get any.

I think THAT’s what is ludicrous.
Obviously folks here have different opinions.

We went through a period where DW wasn’t going as much as the rest of us so the kids and I had our 3 APs but she didn’t have one. I got a funny feeling and used credit to buy her an AP out of cycle to our upcoming trips, “just in case”.

Turns out to have been a great move.

It would be driving me nuts to be on the outside looking in at APs right now and I feel for all of you in that situation.

I was in the parks in 2003 and I think Disney has forgotten how AP and DVC holders held attendance together enough to keep things afloat during that time. I distinctly remember visiting Typhoon Lagoon one year where the CMs outnumbered the guests.

I believe that deserves some show of appreciation - if not from legacy then because some slowdown will happen again. It’s the nature of business and why many companies hedge expectations in some way or another.

For all their prognostications, Disney has been short-sighted before.

Could you stop making it personal please? Since when are personal attacks (even when implied) allowed on the Dis? I have a tonne of empathy.

It’s clear some of you were not around these boards during the lockoff debacle. I was a player here and irl pushing back against lockoff inflation, even though it personally cost my family many points as we stood to have a cheaper 2 bd had the inflation proceeded.

We preserved, DVC backed down, the entire membership benefits (well smaller room bookers). I have a nuanced view on this particular topic. I respect you have a different view.

Your hyperbole, however, is not warranted. I’m not suggesting we deny a child a basic need. I’m not even suggesting we deny them entry into the park - there are tickets available.

I suggest we take @Sandisw ’s advice and move on from the topic. It was a throw away comment on my part, but apparently it was a monstrous one akin to denying a child sustenance 🙄

Last edited:

This 🧵 is going to be 🔒.

Being attacked, even on a forum, just for having an opinion difference hurts.

Madame, I appreciate your posts. Please do not go away.

These days there are plenty of people trying to impose their social choices, cultural preferences or rationality on others. Even about matters involving children. Just read the news. I am so glad my life is way beyond children right now. The more I read the news the more my DH and I withdraw into ourselves. Disney World is still our Happy Place.

Disney has policies. Whatever they are we cannot change. Yes, that is the effect of this one. Do not think about it. If it truly bothers you, thinking about It will only make you sad. Just be glad that what they did and the character of the new passes is starting to dawn on us. If we are informed we can better make our decisions. We find that information and share it here. So try especially hard to not say things that will lock this thread. Ok?

Last edited:
I've been reading this thread from the beginning. Here's my takeaway - some of you have a LOT of vacation time or are retired! And I am so happy for you.

So, if Disney corporate is reading this, I would love to have a pass or ticket discount that helps out those of us who may just go 10-14 days per year. The problem in my case is the limit on needing to use the tickets within a certain time period. I desire a ticket where I have X days and can use them within 12 months. Or something akin to that.

I am not knowledgeable enough to add anything more to the detailed discussion.

Ok. New issue in AP sales.

Disney says they limited the number is annual passes distributed. As many as 400,000 to 500,000 former annual passholders are waiting to buy passes. That is probably without considering any new growth. Imagine what it is going to be like when they open new sales again. 😳

I think many got caught off guard in 2020 for sure and had always waited until the last minutes,

Then, when they came back in 2021, some jumped on them right away and others waited, even though they did announce they could suspend sales at any times in the future.

My initial plan was to buy a few new vouches as back up for DH and one of my DDs as well as myself.l.even though I have one…but had held off because of the one year expiration that was put into place in 2021…and, of course, sale stopped before I could get it.

So, I snoozed and I lost. They don’t have them. I do think it tells anyone that if the go on sale again, you better jump on it…I know I will.
I appreciate your attitude. It seems like most actions will result in some winners and some losers. All one can do is to use their best judgment and hope it works out.

Ok. New issue in AP sales.

Disney says they limited the number is annual passes distributed. As many as 400,000 to 500,000 former annual passholders are waiting to buy passes. That is probably without considering any new growth. Imagine what it is going to be like when they open new sales again. 😳
I would imagine if Disney re-opens AP sales based on current configuration and price points, then the competition for those passes will be intense. Would there likely be some virtual queue or lottery for the ability to purchase? I dunno.

If Disney dramatically increases the pricing, I wonder how many of those 400,000 - 500,000 (and renewal people) drop off due to the new price or configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter