AP vs. PAP??

TZMOM

DIS Veteran
I have decided to buy at least two AP's (me & DS) for our trip next year and DS's 16 b'day trip in 2006.

I just wanted some opinions re: thoughts on PAP's. I think there's a discount for the waterparks w/an AP, but most likely we'll be going to each water park 1x each trip (2x each, 4 admissions each visit.) I think that pretty much adds up to the extra cost of a PAP - right?

Anyone else buy PAP's for the ability to go to the waterparks whenever you want?

Thanks for any advice!!
:wave2:
Jane

We have FL PAPs. We bought them so we could go into Disney Quest. DH eventually wants to check out the water parks and surfing, etc.

2 Adult Annual Passes: $807.28

2 Adult Premium Annual Passes: $1062.88

A difference of $255.60

An admission to a water park or Disney Quest with your AP discount would be $30.08.

That means for EACH Annual Pass you'd purchase, you'd have to visit the water parks about 4 times to cover the difference. So for two premium annual passes, it would be 8 visits to a water park.

I would say you'd still save about $135 by buying just a plain 'ol AP and purchasing 4 water park admissions with a discount.

Thanks for the advice!!! Since we'll be going to the water parks at the minimum 8x (total for the 2 of us) & who knows how many times to DisneyQuest, we'll be buying PAP's.

Thank you again!!

:wave2:
Jane

Hi again Jane! :)

Glad you made sense of my post. I thought you were only going to be purchasing 4 admissions total! You must be visiting each of the water parks, and I misunderstood that!

Have a blast! I want to try both, but I think that my fiancée isn't to up on Blizzard Beach, so I'll just be trying Typhoon Lagoon this trip, and I'm REALLY excited about it!!!!!

We always go to the waterparks at least twice a trip & travel to WDW at least twice during our AP year, so we always get PAP's. In checking out ticket prices I noticed another option is to buy a regular AP & Waterpark Park Hopper Annual Pass. The AP & Waterpark AP together add up to about $510. If you know you will have no interest in Pleasure Island or Disney Quest this would save you about $20 per person a year over the PAP's. It's not for us, but it is another option for those who love the waterparks, but don't care for the other PAP perks.

I go to Pleasure Island and waterparks, so I have to add in the cost of a PI AP and waterpark visits. If I make at least 3 waterpark visits a year, the PAP is worth it.

I don't have much interest in Disney Quest but I've been there a couple of times since it's available to me through the pass, so that could be added in as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter