APH rate room reservations

Patsfan12

Earning My Ears
I have an annual pass. My son and his wife will be joining us at Universal Orlando in December. Am I able to reserve a second room for them with my AP?
Both rooms will be paid with my credit card.. Thank you.

20230907_163049.jpg
Yes, if the AP rate is available, you can book up to 4 rooms online, and more if you call. You only need 1 AP. The other guests don't have to be AP holders.

Thanks for the info. I did call yesterday and again this am. Both reps said 1 room can be reserved per AP and a person with an AP must be in the room. Perhaps a change in policy as I believe people reserved 2 rooms in the past with 1 AP.
We are going the first week in December which is usually a quiet time. Will need to keep checking to see if more rooms become available.

The first week in December includes the Special Concert Weekends .
I suggest you make Plans just in case and keep checking for discounts .

Thanks for the info. I did call yesterday and again this am. Both reps said 1 room can be reserved per AP and a person with an AP must be in the room. Perhaps a change in policy as I believe people reserved 2 rooms in the past with 1 AP.
We are going the first week in December which is usually a quiet time. Will need to keep checking to see if more rooms become available.
I'm sorry to hear that! Why did you have to call? Were you unable to book the rooms online? Our last trip was 12/2022 and I was able to book 2 rooms online under my name. We all had AP but honestly they never asked. I hope they didn't change the policy as I'm planning to bring some non-AP family members next time.

The first week in December includes the Special Concert Weekends .
I suggest you make Plans just in case and keep checking for discounts .

Thanks.. I forgot about the concerts. I also found the Orlando Informer Meetup is scheduled for December 1,2 and 8,9.

I'm sorry to hear that! Why did you have to call? Were you unable to book the rooms online? Our last trip was 12/2022 and I was able to book 2 rooms online under my name. We all had AP but honestly they never asked. I hope they didn't change the policy as I'm planning to bring some non-AP family members next time.

I called because my wife and I are staying at RPR and my son and his wife are staying at PBH. I wanted to avoid the situation if they ask for an AP at check-in and they don't have one. We arrive shortly before they do so I plan to be there when they arrive. Both my wife and I have AP's.

I called because my wife and I are staying at RPR and my son and his wife are staying at PBH. I wanted to avoid the situation if they ask for an AP at check-in and they don't have one. We arrive shortly before they do so I plan to be there when they arrive. Both my wife and I have AP's.
Worst case if they ask for the AP and insist on an AP holder being on the reservation (you will be there anyway) add either you or your wife to the room. It will add the $50(ish) extra adult fee to the room each night but the AP discount will still save a ton of money.

Understood. This is a different scenario than ours since the rooms we booked were always in the same hotel.

How likely are they to add blackout dates for the cheapest annual pass in January? I'm nervous about this strategy as we are going for 3 days and won't be back again. I'd buy an AP for the hotel discount to save some money, but if my AP gets blacked out due to concerts then it becomes a waste of money for me.

Shouldn't be concert dates in Jan, the only blackouts in Jan should be the ones around New Years. The concerts are pre-Christmas & Mardi-Gras.

Of course, if there are blackouts that do impact your trip, you can also bump the pass up to the next level.

Worst case if they ask for the AP and insist on an AP holder being on the reservation (you will be there anyway) add either you or your wife to the room. It will add the $50(ish) extra adult fee to the room each night but the AP discount will still save a ton of money.

Thank you for the excellent suggestion. I reserved a room and plan to do as you suggested. Will continue to check frequently to see if additional room options become available in the interim.

For early January I noticed APH rates apply for suites but not regular rooms. Does that mean the regular room are sold out at the APH rate or does general APH availability just fluctuate day to day?

Fluctuates daily.
But when they first release a new block of AP dates, it does seem to be primarily suites at first, before the AP rates on standard rooms appear.
And obviously the AP rate availability is impacted by the overall availability of each room type, so if a room type is indeed sold out/almost sold out, they won't be discounting it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter