APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all for posting that June APH rates now available. I just booked PBH club level for my dates for an avg of 409 a night. With my family of 5 now getting the express pass perks for the park plus breakfast and snacks from the club, I think we got a decent deal.

How are you getting the rate? I can't figure it out. I am going May31-June 7 to RPR but I only find regular price.

Last edited:
I really don't understand. I have put in the aph code several times and no discount is given.

I really don't understand. I have put in the aph code several times and no discount is given.

It may not be available for RPR for your dates. Check Portofino and Hard Rock as they are sometimes cheaper than RPR because of the APH rate.

Now that I have played with it more I don't think RPR has any APH Deals for May 31-June7. I can get aph to come up on HRH and PBH for those dates. Bummer! Glad I booked a year early. I have my RPR for $2081 and now it is $2872 with no APH discount!

I do believe you are right. I never would have guessed it to happen.

It's the same for us in June. The regular rates at PBH are cheaper than RPR. It's a longer walk, I think, from PBH, but it has the Despicable Me suites which will make young my kids flip out when they see them. We're keeping that part a surprise. ;)

I do believe you are right. I never would have guessed it to happen.

RPR is the least expensive resort that offers express pass, I doubt they have trouble filling their standard, water view, and club level rooms at regular prices

It's the same for us in June. The regular rates at PBH are cheaper than RPR. It's a longer walk, I think, from PBH, but it has the Despicable Me suites which will make young my kids flip out when they see them. We're keeping that part a surprise. ;)

The boat is great, no need to walk

We have only stayed at RPR. Family of 5, 3 kids, 20 boy, 18 boy, 16 girl. Should I book PBH for $365 and bigger room or HRH for $385 and atmosphere? Thx for any advice! ✌

We have only stayed at RPR. Family of 5, 3 kids, 20 boy, 18 boy, 16 girl. Should I book PBH for $365 and bigger room or HRH for $385 and atmosphere? Thx for any advice! ✌

I am having a similar dilemma. We are firstimers, family of 5 (14, 11, and 8). I am torn between the 1 bedroom parlor suite at PBH and Future Rock Star suite at HRH. Originally I was all set to get the Despicable Me suite, but the larger suites and theming of HRH made me rethink. I have HRH booked, but I dreaming about the 2 bathrooms in the parlor suite.

Last edited:

I am having a similar dilemma. We are firstimers, family of 5 (14, 11, and 8). I am torn between the 1 bedroom parlor suite at PBH and Future Rock Star suite at HRH. Originally I was all set to get the Despicable Me suite, but the larger suites and thumbing of HRH made me rethink. I have HRH booked, but I dreaming about the 2 bathrooms in the parlor suite.

It may come down to what your family likes to do. If you spend a lot of time bouncing back and forth from hotel to parks...HRH is much closer. If you enjoy relaxing and hanging out at the hotel...or you will just head to the park once or twice a day and stay until you are done...then PBH is nicer, larger, and has more of a standalone resort feel. We tend to bounce back and forth frequently and don't spend a lot of time exploring the hotel, so we prefer HRH. We did stay at PBH one time and I was torn...longer trip back and forth to the parks, but I found myself exploring all that hotel had to offer...and it is a lot...so, I ended up not spending as much time in the parks as I usually do.

So, I like either....but, I also love RPR!!! Dang, maybe I am too easily pleased.

Thanks for posting. We were able to book PBH bay view for 2 nights in July at $314. Now I need to decide if I should get Preferred AP or Power Pass (depends if we will spend $400 on food and merchandise to benefit from AP discount).

Can I pick up AP and AP discounted park tickets when we check into the hotel at 8:00am or will we need to go to the park first?

Thanks for posting. We were able to book PBH bay view for 2 nights in July at $314. Now I need to decide if I should get Preferred AP or Power Pass (depends if we will spend $400 on food and merchandise to benefit from AP discount).

Can I pick up AP and AP discounted park tickets when we check into the hotel at 8:00am or will we need to go to the park first?

I’m pretty sure that I read there is a ticket desk inside PBH.

Yes, you can...but, you should be warned...8am is usually mad busy around the front desk area and ticket desk...if you can get them in advance, you will be happier.

So our original plans were to stay at RPR for a couple of nights then switch to CBBR for the rest of our stay (this is next year so right now everything is hypothetical) If I make a reservation at RPR at a rate I'm ok with for our initial nights, but then closer to our travel dates APH rates are released and as happened this year PBH is cheaper. Do I just cancel CBBR and then book PBH? Will they transfer our deposit or is it refunded to us?

We are planning our first universal trip for July. We think we are interested in Portofino CL, where can I find average resort prices to expect and where do I find out if buying an annual pass will save me any money? Thinking of 4 nites, 2 park to park days. Is that reasonable?

We are planning our first universal trip for July. We think we are interested in Portofino CL, where can I find average resort prices to expect and where do I find out if buying an annual pass will save me any money? Thinking of 4 nites, 2 park to park days. Is that reasonable?

Check out the date and rate threads. There will be one for each of the past several years. The current one is in the stickies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!