APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked a bay view king room at Portofino Bay for 9/1-9/4 (Labor Day weekend) for $267/night with APH discount. We just decided about this trip literally yesterday and I was thinking we would be too late to get something discounted so I'm pleasantly surprised. Currently, availability at RPR and HRH for that weekend with APH discount down to just king suites and higher priced options that we aren't interested in for just us 2 adults. Our 5 year anniversary is 9/2, so this should be a nice trip. Last fall was our first trip and we stayed at RPR for the weekend after Thanksgiving. Loved the Express passes, especially because of the crowd level.

We are also planning to go back to Universal 11/23-11/26, then heading over to Disney World for a longer stay. I'm constantly watching for APH discounts for those dates now too. Now I need to figure out the most cost effective way to get a season pass!

Just booked 2 rooms at hrh for sept. Club level, we are taking mom back, she loved the resort. While we are ready to try a new one, w mobikirpty issues, I think this will work best for us this time

3rd visit w outer aps. Will be taking a break after this trip

What are the chances for APH discounts for last week November 2017 (HRH) and first full week November 2018 (RPR)? Does anyone have experience with these time periods?

And just 2 days after I booked a bay view at PB for 9/1-9/4 for $267/night, a garden view opened up for $237/night. $100 savings! It definitely pays to keep checking if you don't see what you want at first, or if you are flexible like me and just looking for a cheaper rate.

Thanks, but what is and where is the date and rate sticky? I guess I haven't been on this site enough times to know...I am still learning new things each time.

You can find the stickys on the top of the main page for "Universal Resorts and Hotels". They appear at the top and have a pin next to the thread title. Here are the direct links for the 2016 and 2017 "Date and Rate" threads. :-)

Link For 2017: https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2017-hotel-date-rate-thread.3569374/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2017-hotel-date-rate-thread.3569374/
Link For 2016: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-official-2016-date-and-rate-thread.3462523/

You can find the stickys on the top of the main page for "Universal Resorts and Hotels". They appear at the top and have a pin next to the thread title. Here are the direct links for the 2016 and 2017 "Date and Rate" threads. :-)

Link For 2017: https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2017-hotel-date-rate-thread.3569374/
Link For 2016: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-official-2016-date-and-rate-thread.3462523/

Thank you very much! It is greatly appreciated! :)

Just booked Sapphire Falls for our annual October HHN/Anniversary trip for $159/night APH rate! As usual, I'll keep checking for other APH rates at the other hotels, but honestly, I do love the Sapphire Falls!

Still nothing for Thanksgiving weekend, but that's still a ways out.

A slightly better Portofino rate just came out. For our stay 9/20-9/25 it is 209,209,244,244,209. Saved $120 over the SMSM rate.

Joseph

No APH rate for HHN 9/20/17 to 9/24/17. I did book a SMSM rate a while ago thank goodness, as that rate seems to be gone as well. Must be a very busy weekend!

Odd, APH at PB is 223 9/20 - 9/25
and virtually non existent 9/21 - 9/26

Just SMSM for 245

Guess I'll keep checking

Odd, APH at PB is 223 9/20 - 9/25
and virtually non existent 9/21 - 9/26

Just SMSM for 245

Guess I'll keep checking

That is odd that it is so specific. I guess it shows you really do have to keep checking.

During hhn season, the cheaper rooms that covers weekends, go quick

I see more mid week leading into the weekends, being booked now

Once the standard view rooms are gone, water views will fill up next

Some people will cancel their bookings and those rooms will be put back into the system so keep checking for your dates

You can check each date separately to see if they are available instead of your entire stay

Possible that you might need to switch hotels onsite for some of your dates to cover your entire stay

Hope you all can find the dates you need!

Just checked my dates in mid August. No APH is available still but it seems more rooms have been released for SMSM. For August 12-19, it's $191/night.

Just checked my dates in mid August. No APH is available still but it seems more rooms have been released for SMSM. For August 12-19, it's $191/night.

I too am staying from Aug 12-19. Booked a couple months ago. Of the Express Pass hotels Portofino was cheapest, although I initially wanted to stay at RPR. Been steadily checking for AP rates like this forum suggests and this late in the game figured it wouldn't happen. Then I checked the rates today and the RPR rooms opened up. Got a 2 queen standard for about $300 off the PBH price. Nice!

I was so excited the Royal Pacific was suddenly available and I was saving $300 with AP discount, it didn't occur to me to check the price without the AP discount. Turns out, without the AP discount the room for the week is actually $50 less. I called this morning, noting that the standard queen was unavailable on the Universal site (back to $289 a night) but the Loews Hotel site said there were 2 rooms available at that price. At first the guy said the rooms weren't available but then he discounted the $50. So I saved $350!

I'm guessing if you have something booked and an APH rate that is better than what you have comes out, you have to do a cancel and re-book? If you call can they apply it to an existing ressie? On-line would be a definite cancel and re-book though.

I'm guessing if you have something booked and an APH rate that is better than what you have comes out, you have to do a cancel and re-book? If you call can they apply it to an existing ressie? On-line would be a definite cancel and re-book though.

call and have your rate modified to the ap rate.

just because it lists rooms are available with the aph rate, does not mean all categories are available

don't cancel a booking just call and modify it.
if you cancelled a booking and aph was not available for your room type, you would lose the rate you originally had.
most times rates increase and not decrease the closer you get to your date of arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter