APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're visiting 2/18-22. Playing around with dates, I could only get the APH rate at RPR ($275/night for a standard room) from 2/18-21. (If I put in 2/18-22, I'm only offered club rooms or suites, and if I just look for 2/21-22, only the suites). So what we decided to do is stay 3 nights at RPR, and then for our last night, move next door to Sapphire Falls (standard room at APH rate of $169/night). We'll still be able to use Unlimited Express Pass all day on 2/21 (as it's good for your entire check-out day), and we fly out so early on 2/22 that we wouldn't be able to use it then, anyway. We travel pretty light, so having to pack up and have our bags moved won't be a huge deal -- although I will keep my eyes peeled and see if APH rates for standard rooms at RPR come out for 2/21, in which case we'll stay there all 4 nights. I'm sure it can happen. When the APH rates were first released, there were none for RPR except for suites... after a few days 2/19 and 2/20 had standard rooms at RPR at APH rates, but not my arrival or departure days... and then a couple of weeks later, when 2/18 also became available, that's when I booked.

Moral of the story: be patient and keep checking. When I found the standard room APH rate at RPR, it was because I couldn't sleep and was playing around with my phone at 3am. The same rate hadn't been there when I'd checked that afternoon at work around 5pm, so you never know when the rates will update...

In the meantime, I know it's not the hotel you want, but if you want a placeholder reservation for your dates, Portofino Bay currently has deluxe (extra-large - like 1 1/2 times the size of a standard room at RPR) rooms for an APH rate of $404/night from 2/16-19.
Thanks for info. I have been checking often, 2 to 3 times per day, but I guess I haven't hit it at quite the right time! I'll try to be patient!

We are travelling March 7-10, and want to stay at the RPR. I was excited when the APH rates up to March 8th were released a few weeks ago but there has been nothing since. I can only book March 7th at the APH rate ($274) and then March 8&9 would be at the seasonal rate ($422). I am trying to be patient too, but I'm a planner and would really like to nail this down.

I agree. We are traveling March 16-18, and the waiting is driving me nuts--especially since they released through the 8th, and then nothing since...

I know it changes from year-to-year, but they didn’t release dates where we all need them (mid-March) until the end of January!!!! They’re obviously hoping to fill up the hotels as much as possible for spring break those weeks with seasonal rates and will only release APH rates if necessary. I’m waiting with you!

I am anxious to book for March. Does this rate only work for Hotel only and not for a package? I need to make sure to get the ticket deal before it goes away, but can wait for the AP rate on the hotel. Can you book at a regular rate then modify to the AP rate when it comes out? Also, can my TA book the hotel for me using the AP rate? Thanks!

I am anxious to book for March. Does this rate only work for Hotel only and not for a package? I need to make sure to get the ticket deal before it goes away, but can wait for the AP rate on the hotel. Can you book at a regular rate then modify to the AP rate when it comes out? Also, can my TA book the hotel for me using the AP rate? Thanks!

Does this rate only work for Hotel only and not for a package? This is room only. Booking a package for Universal is usually discouraged on this board usually because it's more restrictive than WDW's package deals and don't often provide any deal in the process.

I need to make sure to get the ticket deal before it goes away, but can wait for the AP rate on the hotel. What do you mean? If you go on undercover tourist, they have a good ticket deal last time I checked (buy 2 days get 2 days on park to park) and you can use the tickets until 5/29 with very minimal blackout dates (christmas/new year's etc)

Can you book at a regular rate then modify to the AP rate when it comes out? Yes, you can modify by phone or online but many prefer to just cancel and rebook.

Also, can my TA book the hotel for me using the AP rate? Thanks! I'm sure they could if you really wanted them to get the commission but it's completely unnecessary and may prevent you from getting the best deal.

Thank you very much! Yes, I want her to get the commission! Still learning when it comes to Universal. For the tickets, we are going to do the buy 2 days, get 2 free, and prefer to buy direct, so I was saying I want to purchase before that special ends. I did not realize that packages were discouraged, so if there are not any benefits to getting a package, I will book my tickets and room separate. Thanks!

2/3-6 2019 (3 nights)
Royal Pacific Resort
$194/night (APH)

I'll keep checking and playing with my dates but I can live with this.

When I booked this for February I really wanted Universal for the week before my WDW stay but those dates (1/21-24) were only showing suites. I checked again this morning and there were standard rate rooms available @ $194/night for my preferred January dates.:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Don't give up!!

Was anyone able to get the AP rate last year for second week of March? My TA said she was told some weeks are blacked out/not available and I was wondering if this was one of them? Hoping not. Getting anxious to book! I don't want to wait until the end of January, lol.

Was anyone able to get the AP rate last year for second week of March? My TA said she was told some weeks are blacked out/not available and I was wondering if this was one of them? Hoping not. Getting anxious to book! I don't want to wait until the end of January, lol.

I got one at HRH for March 9-12, 2018. Not sure if you consider that the 2nd or 3rd week. We usually go the 2nd or 3rd week and have gotten an AP discount at least 2 or 3 times.

We might want to go to universal for the first time.
We want to stay at the deluxe level to get the front of the line thing.
We will be 5 adults and 1 child (age 7). My sister is active military and we are Florida residents. We might consider buying one ap (cheepest option) if that is the best deal.

What will be the best deal for us and is it best to book via a travel agent ??

I prefer holding my own reservation and not a third party controlling it

But that is just me since I started out with a TA and eventually booked in my own after first two years of doing UO

The larger suites can hold 6 but they are expensive
Get two rooms for your group of 6

Book one room as a Florida resident
Have military peep check out the MIL rates

Or book two FLO rate rooms and see how the total is financially to your advantage

We might want to go to universal for the first time.
We want to stay at the deluxe level to get the front of the line thing.
We will be 5 adults and 1 child (age 7). My sister is active military and we are Florida residents. We might consider buying one ap (cheepest option) if that is the best deal.

What will be the best deal for us and is it best to book via a travel agent ??

Universal offers military discount rooms. If you go to the loews website, use the promotion code "mil" and if there are discounted rooms available, they will show up. We used it in October and it was cheaper than the AP discount. But your sister can only get one room with her military ID so if you want 2 rooms you may want an AP for a 2nd discount. There are also military tickets available to purchase on base.

I just booked an AP rate for Feb 20-25 at CBBR. Only poolside rooms available now, but from experience I know to keep checking for the standard room to become available. For a 5 night reservation, APH saved me roughly $44 a night over the SMSM rate.

Only volcano side rooms available for the other dates I checked, Feb 11-15, which is more expensive than the current poolside rate I have now. (Still waiting for DH to plan his Feb trip so I can finalize mine!) I do tend to change my mind several times, sometimes ending up with a split stay for EP. We will have EP for Thanksgiving, so I may just stay at CBBR the whole trip in Feb. I love the EE for Volcano Bay.

Who is now in charge of this thread? Need to get the title updated to reflect that more dates are open with the AP rates. I didn't know they were out for Feb for a month already!

Last edited:
Peel started the thread and can edit posts of her own

I as a moderator can also edit posts

If any readers are interested in a change, send me a Pm

Or you can run your ideas by peel through a Pm

Royal Pacific
Jan 27-28
dropped to $199 today (one night)
APH.

Still hoping the two previous nights go down as we are staying Jan 25-27.

Waiting on pins and needles for rates in the beginning of May. Right now, it's expensive with Portofino actually being cheaper than Royal Pacific. I know I'll be waiting for awhile, sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!