APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an expert but I have tracked pricing quite a bit over the last month. Being a numbers-guy, I started seeing patterns. I'm coming to the understanding that the prices are fairly predictable. There are a couple of factors to keep in mind:

- The base price of a room changes based on the time of year and the class of room. Some dates are quite a bit more expensive than others. From what I've seen, these "base prices" do not change for a given room type+date.

- Friday and Saturday tend to be more expensive than Sunday-Thursday.

- I see three types of discounts that you can get off the base price. APH is not always the best; SMSM can be better for long stays during non-peak times (#2).
1. SMSM Holiday/Peak/Summer
2. SMSM Regular/Value
3. APH (Annual Pass)

- While SMSM rates seem to be released way in advance, APH rates are not.

- When you try to book multiple nights, if a room class is not available for even one day, it is not shown. This often makes it look like prices are much more variable than they really are.

- I've seen cases where a room is not listed for a Saturday stay unless Friday is included. I'm currently booked Sun-Tues and can opt to add Friday+Saturday. But if I add just Saturday, almost everything disapears except $600+ night rooms.

- Hotel prices for "equivalent" rooms across hotels go from CB (cheapest), SF, RPR, HRH, PB(most expensive). I put "equivalent" in quotes because room sizes seem to vary between hotels, with PB tending to have larger rooms. HRH and PB are pretty close in price.

Last edited:
APH rate at HRH

November 22 to 26 2017
Pool View (no garden view APH available)
$334 per night

SMSM had been around $400+ per night

Come On January! Coming in on the 4th (PBH). Right now booked at over $500 a night, which just isn't going to fly. We usually go this time of year (few days after NYE) and have always found APH. But I am starting to get antsy.

APH rate at HRH

November 22 to 26 2017
Pool View (no garden view APH available)
$334 per night

SMSM had been around $400+ per night

I have that rate booked for 11/23-11/26 and I'm also hoping and checking for a garden view to become available. See ya there! :)

Come on universal. I need celebration of Harry Potter dates before January aph rates. I'm gonna be so mad if I get an awesome rate and then find out its CoHP weekend. Taking my sister for her first trip and she would really prefer less crowds.

Is it me, or is 9/21 - 9/24 look like everything is almost booked solid? We've been coming down the second weekend of HHN for 10 years now and have never had issues getting reasonable APH rates. Even had PIN codes for crazy low rates a while back.

Is it me, or is 9/21 - 9/24 look like everything is almost booked solid? We've been coming down the second weekend of HHN for 10 years now and have never had issues getting reasonable APH rates. Even had PIN codes for crazy low rates a while back.

Occupancy definitely seems to be up this fall.

I booked our room with APH discount and am now looking to purchase the APH. Can someone please tell me if a Seasonal pass qualifies as an APH to get the discount or if it needs to be one of the passes that has "annual pass" in the name. The Universal site says seasonal pass holders get room discounts, but I didn't see the fine print.

I booked our room with APH discount and am now looking to purchase the APH. Can someone please tell me if a Seasonal pass qualifies as an APH to get the discount or if it needs to be one of the passes that has "annual pass" in the name. The Universal site says seasonal pass holders get room discounts, but I didn't see the fine print.

You're good! :rainbow:
https://tickets2.universalorlando.c...ualPass=3APPreferred&adults=1&children=0&flr=

Once on the USO page, Click on the "Compare..." Tab

Is availability for Oct 25-27 done or is there a chance more will be added? A deluxe would be nice but I'm not sure if I want sapphire falls.

You might get lucky if you keep checking; be ready to book if anything opens up. I've been watching the first weekend in October for several weeks and nothing good has come open. We ended up switching to the week before Thanksgiving and got a good APH rate.

Come on universal. I need celebration of Harry Potter dates before January aph rates. I'm gonna be so mad if I get an awesome rate and then find out its CoHP weekend. Taking my sister for her first trip and she would really prefer less crowds.
I've been waiting too! First weekend of January is crazy expensive and I can't justify cost for three days.... yet!

You might get lucky if you keep checking; be ready to book if anything opens up. I've been watching the first weekend in October for several weeks and nothing good has come open. We ended up switching to the week before Thanksgiving and got a good APH rate.

hhn weekends go quick....

Hello to all,
First time going to US the weekend before Thanksgiving. We were thinking of staying on site one night and get the express passes and the 2 park annual passes. We are DVC so the rest of the week we are staying at DW since we have APs . We are thinking of returning for spring break and again staying one night on site.
Im thinking that maybe I'm doing something wrong because the prices that I see staying one night with the AP are the same as Undercover Tourist !
Am I doing something wrong ?
or are they usually that high for one night?
also, does it get worse as it gets closer?
thank a lot in advance

Hello to all,
First time going to US the weekend before Thanksgiving. We were thinking of staying on site one night and get the express passes and the 2 park annual passes. Im thinking that maybe I'm doing something wrong because the prices that I see staying one night with the AP are the same as Undercover Tourist !
Am I doing something wrong ?
or are they usually that high for one night?
also, does it get worse as it gets closer?

There's not much availability left that weekend at APH rates. Saturday night deluxe hotels have only suites left at APH rates which is why you're seeing the same price for regular rooms as on UCT. I found one room at PFB 11/19 for $209 which would give you express for Sun the 19th and Monday the 20th. You should grab something soon, I doubt they'll add more, so when they're gone they're gone.
upload_2017-9-2_7-32-32.png

Last edited:
thank you Lisa0620!
I think that I see higher prices because I out 3 adults and one child also

Can you modify your rate if the prices decrease later if I continue to check ?
Do I call the hotel directly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!