Applying Discount to existing reservation

melbatoast

Dis Fan
From what I remember in years past, you could only apply the discount to your existing reservation if there were rooms available at the discount rate. Has anyone been able to apply the discount to their reservation when the resort shows sold out? Thanks!

Not me. The GF has been sold out for the month of April for some time now. Not sure if any discounts at all were actually available for the $100/night promo or the 20% off email promo…. Even though DW claims that this resort is part of both offers.

Ugh so frustrating as I went back and forth between YC (usually is part of a discount promo) and BC. I chose BC which is not included in the new promo. YC is sold out for my week in March, so really wondering if I would have gotten the discount if I would have booked there and then called to get it applied. I don't think so, but now have to figure out if I really want to pay the big bucks for BC! These rates are really getting out of hand. So many nice places to stay in the area....

Ugh so frustrating as I went back and forth between YC (usually is part of a discount promo) and BC. I chose BC which is not included in the new promo. YC is sold out for my week in March, so really wondering if I would have gotten the discount if I would have booked there and then called to get it applied. I don't think so, but now have to figure out if I really want to pay the big bucks for BC! These rates are really getting out of hand. So many nice places to stay in the area....
Agreed. I actually asked the CM on the phone to tell me how many discounted rooms were included at the GF. Of course they didn’t know and it’s not their fault. I suspect the answer is real close to zero. Extremely limited availability. Marketing ploy.

I have seen a couple of the really pricy ones pop up for GF

For some reason I can't even access my account today, just keep getting a message saying they're having a problem with accounts, try again later!!

I was able to apply the discount and add on a day to my existing POR stay starting 4/22/22 on the day the discount was released. I guess maybe the moderates have more rooms available?

FYI: just because a resort is included in a promo, doesn’t mean the discount will be offered for every included date. If a resort is pretty well sold out at regular rate, there is almost no chance it will have discounted rooms for those dates. So no rooms available at the discount for April doesn’t mean there aren’t discounted rooms available for other included dates.

How do you apply a discount (25% off for AP) to an existing reservation? We're booked 2/7 -2/13 at POFQ, but yesterday I decided to extend so purchased a separate res at POR for 2/13 - 2/16) and got the discount on that one. Does the fact that POFQ was not available when I decided to add on mean there's not a chance I can apply the discount to the original res? Thanks, y'all.

How do you apply a discount (25% off for AP) to an existing reservation? We're booked 2/7 -2/13 at POFQ, but yesterday I decided to extend so purchased a separate res at POR for 2/13 - 2/16) and got the discount on that one. Does the fact that POFQ was not available when I decided to add on mean there's not a chance I can apply the discount to the original res? Thanks, y'all.

Check your dates as if you were making a new reservation. If your resort & room they shows up with the discount, you should be able to change your reservation online using the change reservation button. If you don’t have that option for some reason, you can call & have it applied. And availability changes constantly, so keep checking.

I have a reservation for Pop Century in March. I have been logging in everyday trying to score an annual passholder discount on my room. Any tips or tricks that work? I hate to think I am going to pay rack price when a passholder discount was released for those dates. Anyone ever have any luck getting the discount applied closer to your trip?

Anyone ever have any luck getting the discount applied closer to your trip?

Yes, I have over the years. So definitely keep checking because you never know. But, demand this year is crazy. The discounted rooms were very limited. We’re at YC in May so the dates are included in AP discount. But the resort is fully booked at rack rate for most of our stay. I keep checking for the AP rate, but realistically I don’t expect to find anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter