Appreciation and auction questions

2xcited2sleep

DIS Veteran
Fantastic job to the whole team on the marathon show so far!! We’ve been watching from the start and has been a fun backdrop to our holiday decorating. Give Kids the World overview and interview was amazing. I was sobbing... but happy tears. Thank you for raising awareness and funds for this organization!

Special kudos to Craig and Ryno... I know a lot goes into the tech/behind the scenes to make this happen seamlessly... and you’ve done a tremendous job!

Question on auction items. At one point tickets to Hamilton in Orlando were mentioned. Totally understand if that didn’t come to fruition... I absolutely do... but, selfishly, want to be sure I don’t miss the chance if tickets are up for bid (I haven’t been able to find).

Is there any donation that could convince Pete to part with the studio decor from the original Snow White’s Scary Adventures attraction - the dwarf names from the front of each original mine train/ride vehicle? I just want one, not all. It was my first ride as a kid and I’d love a piece of the attraction. Serious inquiry. Between nostalgia and a great cause, I can’t go wrong. Pete, name your price....

Thank you to the entire team for planning this marathon, organizing the auction, and executing flawlessly. I love the DIS community!

Wow - just finished watching the whole 12 hours live (except when I was called out to help a neighbor). Don't even have the words to say how amazing you all are - the Teams, the guests, my fellow viewers, the bidders, the donators, everybody.

Job well done, and it was a an honor to have a part in making so many other's lives better!!! Thank you, job AMAZINGLY done, thank you for letting me play a part in it!!

Fantastic job to the whole team on the marathon show so far!! We’ve been watching from the start and has been a fun backdrop to our holiday decorating. Give Kids the World overview and interview was amazing. I was sobbing... but happy tears. Thank you for raising awareness and funds for this organization!

Special kudos to Craig and Ryno... I know a lot goes into the tech/behind the scenes to make this happen seamlessly... and you’ve done a tremendous job!

Question on auction items. At one point tickets to Hamilton in Orlando were mentioned. Totally understand if that didn’t come to fruition... I absolutely do... but, selfishly, want to be sure I don’t miss the chance if tickets are up for bid (I haven’t been able to find).

Is there any donation that could convince Pete to part with the studio decor from the original Snow White’s Scary Adventures attraction - the dwarf names from the front of each original mine train/ride vehicle? I just want one, not all. It was my first ride as a kid and I’d love a piece of the attraction. Serious inquiry. Between nostalgia and a great cause, I can’t go wrong. Pete, name your price....

Thank you to the entire team for planning this marathon, organizing the auction, and executing flawlessly. I love the DIS community!

They mentioned later that they forgot to put the tickets up. I would look for them late tonight or tomorrow.

Wow!!! That was awesome!!! Such a great job! I can’t wait till next year. That last hour was epic.
I think the coolest part is while the dinner with Pete is at $3500 (or whatever) the vast majority of the $50,000 is coming from many, many reasonably priced things adding up to that high total.
It is lots of smaller Disney treasures donated and cash donations that are making a huge impact. I think that’s the best part of it is so many people doing something small.
I think I am loopy and not making sense.
Cheers to everyone! And thank you so much to the team!

Wow!!! That was awesome!!! Such a great job! I can’t wait till next year. That last hour was epic.
I think the coolest part is while the dinner with Pete is at $3500 (or whatever) the vast majority of the $50,000 is coming from many, many reasonably priced things adding up to that high total.
It is lots of smaller Disney treasures donated and cash donations that are making a huge impact. I think that’s the best part of it is so many people doing something small.
I think I am loopy and not making sense.
Cheers to everyone! And thank you so much to the team!
@disneyland_is_magic - Since I tried my best to use my words to describe my feelings a few posts above you, yours makes perfect sense to me, and good job, , my friend! :) Many people doing small things together to make a HUGE impact!!!! :love:

Congratulations and thank you to all team members who made this marathon show.

I woke up and did my weekly grocery early, to be sure that I was back home for the beginning of this event. From the “ice cream story” interview with GKTW, to Charles' closing Christmas story, that was a fantastic day.

:thanks:

sucks. wound up unexpectedly in ER last night, all night. missed ten pm to ten a.m. arghhh.... bad timing, back home now, all fine and good. but missed it!!! major fomo

sucks. wound up unexpectedly in ER last night, all night. missed ten pm to ten a.m. arghhh.... bad timing, back home now, all fine and good. but missed it!!! major fomo

Well, first off, I hope you are okay. Don't worry, it was so successful for content and raising money, Pete basically said they'd probably do it again.

Also, reply to Craig on twitter, he was trying to gauge if people would make a small donation to GKTW to see the WHOLE 12 hours. So it sounds like they are toying with some different ideas.

@disneyworldsk - Sorry you had that experience, but glad all is okay. I already got notice the interview Pete did with Pam Landwirth (the head of GKTW) is ready (have some tissues ready!!!!), so I'm sure the other segments that will be available will be ready very soon!

Can you still add items to the auctions or is closed?

Can you still add items to the auctions or is closed?

Technically the team can add items (I just saw they added a "drinks around the monorail with Corey" event) but as far as submitting new items to the team, they cannot take on anymore for this event

They did say anything that was or gets submitted but didn't make this auction would be used in future auctions (including one next August for the Dreams event)

Indeed, it sounds like they already have quite a backlog! They had several items shipped to the PO Box and didn’t realize in time and many items arrived after the deadline. I think Teresa said that Friday alone they had received 50 items at the Welcome Center so the next auction is already off to a good start.

Last edited:
Technically the team can add items (I just saw they added a "drinks around the monorail with Corey" event) but as far as submitting new items to the team, they cannot take on anymore for this event

They did say anything that was or gets submitted but didn't make this auction would be used in future auctions (including one next August for the Dreams event)

Lunch in the Magic Kingdom and Buzz Lightyear with Steve (including Steve sharing tricks to achieving a high score) was also added today.

they added a "drinks around the monorail with Corey" event

Lunch in the Magic Kingdom and Buzz Lightyear with Steve (including Steve sharing tricks to achieving a high score) was also added today.
I had no idea they were still adding things. I actually think that's not such a great idea as the vast majority of people who viewed the auction items probably won't come back and look again. The only reason I've looked is because we donated several items and I'm curious how much they go for. Otherwise, I wouldn't look again as there is nothing I'm bidding on.

The Hamilton tickets are up there now. There are some items that slipped through the cracks there were noticed and as soon as they are discovered they are put up, so constantly keep checking back for items we missed before.

I had no idea they were still adding things. I actually think that's not such a great idea as the vast majority of people who viewed the auction items probably won't come back and look again. The only reason I've looked is because we donated several items and I'm curious how much they go for. Otherwise, I wouldn't look again as there is nothing I'm bidding on.

Just guessing here but I know people during the live show were asking about more experiences with the team, so I think some of those recent additions (I see they have drinks with Corey, Buzz with Steve, Figment with Kathy, etc.) may have been in response to that vs. being planned and just not posted until now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!