April 2006 First-time Visit to DL

trampslady

<font color=green>I stop and watch the Norway vide
We are planning a 14-night cruise from LA to Hawaii roundtrip next April, and we'd love to start our trip with a visit to Disneyland during the celebration. We are seasoned WDW folks, but eagerly anticipate planning a Disneyland adventure. I was surprised when I called today to find out that we can't expect April room rates (or the ability to book!) until around December??!?!? Why so late? I've never experienced such with a hotel. Don't folks forward plan for family getaways to Disneyland like they do to Disneyworld?

Typically, Disney starts booking hotels anywhere from August - October, so you won't have to wait until December to book your vacation. Were you trying to book a package or a room?

I'd like to book either a room (tickets later) or a package if the price is right. I'm an airline employee, and we often get discounted room rates (I understand the same applies to DL). I haven't checked out ticket prices yet either. That's good news regarding the dates. I'll be certain to watch closely around August.

Yes, you should be able to book at the end of the summer. We booked our August 2005 trip in September of 2004.

De Ann

Perfect! Would you experts have any advise for first-timers? It's just hubby and I as we don't have kiddos. He will be closing in on 40 and I'm 37. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE DisneyWorld and are DVC members. I think we will plan to stay at the Grand Californian as it really appeals to our taste. Should be shoot for a day at each park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter