April 2018 Car Rental Watch

Booked full size car thru Alamo for April 28- May 5 for a total of $225. We used the Southwest Airlines code 7016141 and $25 off coupon code AD2823JAZ

Thanks for the Alamo codes! Ours will be a one-way (pickup MCO, drop off somewhere near Disney property - I have been checking the Dolphin) for April 25-May 6. The one-way seems to be driving the cost up. I can't find one for under $1,000. I may have to try Dollar.

Booked full size car thru Alamo for April 28- May 5 for a total of $225. We used the Southwest Airlines code 7016141 and $25 off coupon code AD2823JAZ

Do you know anything about those codes? Is a physical coupon required? It lowered my rate for a minivan and a full size (we are undecided on car size)

Do you know anything about those codes? Is a physical coupon required? It lowered my rate for a minivan and a full size (we are undecided on car size)

I can’t remember exactly where the coupon code is from but we did use it without issue in October; physical coupon wasn’t required. I found the SWA code on the southwest website under the rapid rewards promotions section. Their rapid rewards program is free to join- we are members of that

Thanks for the Alamo codes! Just booked a mid size SUV (hope it fits our luggage!) for $247 for 4/10-17, happy with that for now. Thanks!

I dropped to $326 today for 4/12-4/21. It was over $400 before so price getting a little better anyway.

Thanks for the Alamo codes! Just booked a mid size SUV (hope it fits our luggage!) for $247 for 4/10-17, happy with that for now. Thanks!

Nice rate. My date are a little later and I'm getting nothing close to that. When I plug in your dates, I don't either. Never understood that.

Man, I've been looking for this thread ever since we booked our trip. I knew I had seen it before. Glad someone finally bumped it. I've been searching DAILY for rental car rates on Alamo, and they've always been right at $300. Today with the codes, it was $256 for April 7-14. I'm happy. Now, if April can just hurry up and get here.

I'm watching too.... or we will use Uber if everythings too pricey

Man, I've been looking for this thread ever since we booked our trip. I knew I had seen it before. Glad someone finally bumped it. I've been searching DAILY for rental car rates on Alamo, and they've always been right at $300. Today with the codes, it was $256 for April 7-14. I'm happy. Now, if April can just hurry up and get here.
what codes?

I just booked a standard at Alamo through Costco for April 6-15 for $320. Happy with that but I’ll keep checking to see if it goes down between now and then.

I just booked a standard at Alamo through Costco for April 6-15 for $320. Happy with that but I’ll keep checking to see if it goes down between now and then.

Try with the Wyndham rewards code 7015071 and $25 coupon AD2823JAZ. I used that for your dates and standard was $313.

Just getting around to checking out minivan prices for our trip 4/13-4/21. I got a price of $457 using our BJ's membership discount.

Try with the Wyndham rewards code 7015071 and $25 coupon AD2823JAZ. I used that for your dates and standard was $313.
Do you know if additional drivers are an extra charge? With Costco I get one free, so it may make up the difference. I booked with Alamo directly too with those codes so will just cancel which ever is more expensive closer to the date.

Thanks for the Alamo codes. I thought Alamo used to allow multiple coupon codes, but I didn't see a way to add more than one. It did have another field for "product code" but none of these worked for me in that field. I booked at $225 for one week (April 16-23), but I sure hope a better rate becomes available before then. Category of car is not important for me.

I’m wondering about the Alamo additional driver fee as well. I got a decent rate with the codes listed above and booked it. I called the 800 number to see what the fee is and was told that it might be $15/day. I asked if there was a way to confirm this and she said I should plan on paying it and if I don’t have to, that would be a bonus. Umm no, I need to know now! I do live in IL and there is no charge for a spouse to drive. I’m not sure if that only applies in state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!