UNLIMITED MILEAGE INCLUDED
Taxes and Fees
Customer Facility Charge 3.50/day $ 14.00
Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct (10.0%) $ 13.26
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $ 8.00
Tire Battery Fee .02 Day $ 0.08
Vehicle License Fee .66/day $ 2.64
Sales Tax (6.5%) $ 10.92
Estimated Total (includes taxes and fees)
$ 178.90

4-7 through 4-14, $240 for a standard through Alamo. That is definitely the most I've ever paid for a rental, especially from Alamo. Fingers crossed for better rates.

Try with the Wyndham rewards code 7015071 and $25 coupon AD2823JAZ. I used that for your dates and standard was $313.

Thanks for the codes. They were able to lower reservations nicely (a minivan rental went down by $75). We are still undecided on what size car so I have reservations for a minivan, a full size and an intermediate SUV.

Thanks for the codes. They were able to lower reservations nicely (a minivan rental went down by $75). We are still undecided on what size car so I have reservations for a minivan, a full size and an intermediate SUV.
Wow, how were you able to enter two codes? I could only get one coupon field, and these codes didn't work for me in the product code field. Thanks in advance.

I’m wondering about the Alamo additional driver fee as well. I got a decent rate with the codes listed above and booked it. I called the 800 number to see what the fee is and was told that it might be $15/day. I asked if there was a way to confirm this and she said I should plan on paying it and if I don’t have to, that would be a bonus. Umm no, I need to know now! I do live in IL and there is no charge for a spouse to drive. I’m not sure if that only applies in state.
It is $15 extra per day even if a spouse. If you are not charged it you got lucky. I think this is what the agent is saying. Officially there is a fee.

I don’t know if this will help anyone, but I’ve noticed picking up on property is cheaper than at the airport. I know it’s more of a hassle, but we’ve been struggling with high rental price since hurricane Irma in September. The rates went extremely high since then and just won’t come down. I’m going early February, and those prices are more than double from last year and not getting any better. I’ve been working on all 5 of my 2018 trips, so pretty overwhelming. I’m using one of my free day coupons to drive from the airport and dropping off at car care the next day, then picking up after dropping off. Saving over $100 doing it this way. Then we have to drop off and pick up a new rental to drop off at the airport. A lot more work. I keep watching. For my June rental I managed to pickup at car care, but drop off at the airport for a better rate....I wouldn’t do it this way for just a small savings, but when it’s well over $100 or more, then we will do it.

Alamo permits one corporate code & one coupon one. There is a rate code section. I've not been able to utilize it with old rate codes that worked well. Your corporate code will indicate on recap page of reservation if additional driver is 'free'. Otherwise it's $10 per day & the person has to present themselves when picking up the rental.

Category of car never really was an issue for me when just two of us until rental in December where all we found on aisle were Toyota Yaris hatchbacks being passed off as compacts.

I need a rental starting in April. Rent every few months @ MCO, Just returned one. Honestly, anything over $200 for a midsize is not what I'd call decent. A good placeholder but not satisfactory to me.

It's been really challenging the past year to find palatable rates but they are out there, especially if you are willing to hotwire/priceline. Wouldn't cross that bridge until a month or less out though.

I just booked a full size on Hotwire for 10 days 4/11-4/21. Total including taxes and fees $271.28. Had to pay in full and it is non refundable, but I am ready to stop the hunt. They don't tell you which company until after you pay, but I got Hertz. I signed up for Hertz Gold Rewards and was able to look up my reservation on the Hertz website. I understand that with Herz Gold spouse as a second driver is free. Never rented from Hertz before at MCO. Anyone want to share anything about the experience of renting with them?

Daisyduck - for some reason quotes not working for me. Yes i was referring to a 'week'.

Last night caved and booked one single day on 4/28 for almost $110 for a compact. Arrrgh. Expected higher than norm since dropping off pre cruise @ cape canaveral but it was $60 more yikes.

Did book a week picking up there starting after cruise in May, returning to MCO barely under $200. Their AAA rate was the lowest across the board of all the companies, includes 2nd driver.

Used Thrifty last week, just fine! Had a loaded fullsize Malibu with 3K miles, got to pick our own vehicle from aisle @ MCO. The Midsize across the aisles had a few small SUVs.

My suggestion is if you have a Costco membership they have car rentals, I booked a mid sized SUV for $170 for 6 days Jan 5-11 when I 1st started looking prices were $350, I book the best priced car at the time and as the price drops I re book and cancel the higher priced. I found the closer to the date the lower the prices got. Right now for your dates Alamo through Costco, has a mini van for $487. When renting a car make sure you read the toll road fees, Dollar is the worst.

Slight price drop on my minivan rental. Going through AAA, $447 April 13-21 with free additional driver (AAA perk with Dollar/Thrifty/Hertz).

eta, I got the same price through BJ's too

Just as an aside, when you book on the Alamo website there is a place to enter "Coupon Codes" and "Contract ID", but there is also a third line that I never hear mentioned in discount discussions such as these for "Product Code".

Just curious but what is this "Product Code" blank for???

Daisyduck - for some reason quotes not working for me. Yes i was referring to a 'week'.

Last night caved and booked one single day on 4/28 for almost $110 for a compact. Arrrgh. Expected higher than norm since dropping off pre cruise @ cape canaveral but it was $60 more yikes.

Did book a week picking up there starting after cruise in May, returning to MCO barely under $200. Their AAA rate was the lowest across the board of all the companies, includes 2nd driver.

Used Thrifty last week, just fine! Had a loaded fullsize Malibu with 3K miles, got to pick our own vehicle from aisle @ MCO. The Midsize across the aisles had a few small SUVs.

Have you tried National for that one way to the port. When I log into my ea account, I can get a better one way price than Alamo. Around $60. I think you have to use your ea member code. I just checked and it’s $61 for the aisle pickup using biz travel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter