April 2018 Discount Watch

DH and I want to return for our Anniversary in April so I ended up booking the Bounceback before we checked out yesterday as it was a better deal than the current discount, at BWI. Not a huge difference, about $100 less, plus whatever tax came to (off the top of my head it was about $600 less total) It was enough that we booked BWI vs. a Mod. If AP discounts come out and are better then great. If not, at least we got something.

DH and I want to return for our Anniversary in April so I ended up booking the Bounceback before we checked out yesterday as it was a better deal than the current discount, at BWI. Not a huge difference, about $100 less, plus whatever tax came to (off the top of my head it was about $600 less total) It was enough that we booked BWI vs. a Mod. If AP discounts come out and are better then great. If not, at least we got something.

You're wise to book what you can get at the time, change/rebook when something new comes out and then cancel the first one if needed.

I cringe when I hear of people who have already booked a deal and then cancel it confident that something better will come out later. That doesn't always happen and then they're upset with Disney that they didn't get what they'd hoped!

Your way works much better @AngiTN!

Got 20% off room plus one free park day ticket. Not the greatest deal ever, but booked AKL. Was hoping for YC or CR again, but just can't see paying that much. Oh well, we have stayed at AKL before and really like it. Just glad the waiting is over!

Last edited:
I have to share because this is so weird. We're staying at CBR May 3-12. I had tried for a discount when the offer first dropped, but all that was available was pirate rooms which while DS would love DH who is 6'6 would not be so thrilled about. I've been checking multiple times a day both online and by calling and haven't been having any luck. Last night I dreamed that I went to check and was able to grab a water view room (I know, probably thinking about this too much :p ). I woke up, realized it wasn't real, then went to check to see if anything other than pirate rooms were available. Lo and behold water views were available! Snagged it up and saved us $300! If you're still not having any luck just keep trying!

My dates are actually in the beginning of June. We are doing a split stay and wanted POP for the first part. Right after the offer was released there was nothing for our dates and then suddenly yesterday our dates became available. Booked it but hoping for a better price when the AP discounts are released.

They have been less and less regular with the promo release dates. I am not worried, they'll have one. I just no longer expect to see it at the same dates they did the past year

Got 20% off room plus one free park day ticket. Not the greatest deal ever, but booked AKL. Was hoping for YC or CR again, but just can't see paying that much. Oh well, we have stayed at AKL before and really like it. Just glad the waiting is over!
You can get an additional 15% off booking through Orbitz. Undercover tourist also has better rates then Disney.

You can get an additional 15% off booking through Orbitz. Undercover tourist also has better rates then Disney.
Orbitz 15% off is now limited to $150. Good but have to add in the hassle (for me) of having to call Orbitz to get them to call Disney to add our 2 kids (Orbitz still charges the extra adult fee for kids that would be free at disney's site). And the hassle of cancel/rebook if you need to change dates (of course most of the time I find Disney won't change the dates either any longer, but still).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter