*April 2019 - Check in*

My Fiance and I are going on our first "adult only" trip April 6-10th. Staying at POP for the first time too! (we usually stay at POR) We are excited! My daughter still doesn't know we are sneaking away without here. We are now 28 days away! :flower1: Super excited to go to Flower & Garden this year too!!

My Fiance and I are going on our first "adult only" trip April 6-10th. Staying at POP for the first time too! (we usually stay at POR) We are excited! My daughter still doesn't know we are sneaking away without here. We are now 28 days away! :flower1: Super excited to go to Flower & Garden this year too!!

Oops...This is the Disneyland forum. :crazy2:

So excited. I made the last payment on our package on Thursday and received the official "Congratulations" $0.00 due email. It looks like all my trip documents will be delivered to the hotel. I booked with Costco. I've booked with Costco in the past and they used to mail the trip documents in a plain cardboard box. Perhaps they're mailing the material directly to the hotel due to mail theft? I've also got all my dining reservations and reservations for Blue Bayou Fantasmic! and WOC Dessert Party made.

Anyway, I'm super excited and can't wait for April to get here! I can start shopping for vacation clothes, making boarding arrangements for the bird, and other things to get ready for the trip.

We're driving down to Disneyland from the Portland area. If we get into town early enough on April 6, we're going to stop at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach before heading to Anaheim. My husband loves aquariums. We've been to the one in Monterey three times and thought we'd check out the Los Angeles aquarium.

My dd and I are going April 13-19 with four days in the park. We are calling it our Disney Plus trip since we are adding an LA day including a play and a day in San Diego to just explore. This is a belated graduation/birthday present for her and we are excited to be doing it together. It's been 2 years since we've been to the Land. DD is planning on Disney Bounding each day as well.

....can you please add me to the list [4/24-4/26] ....we are 1st timers, visiting the 'other' coast to attend a wedding at the Leo Carrillo Ranch in Carlsbad and figured we'd take advantage of all our Disney Visa points...I CAN'T WAIT!! :hyper:

We are staying at PPH but I am considering changing our ressies to DLH....
We stayed at DLH for the first time last November. I really liked it. We had a standard room in the Adventure Tower that had a really nice view of the fireworks. Albeit they were far away, but we watched them from our bed the first night. It was really magical feeling :goodvibes

We also really liked being so close to Trader Sam's. Tangaroa Terrace was being remodeled at the time, so we didn't experience that. We did go to the lounge at Steakhouse 55 though and DH fell in love. He says he wishes he could transplant that lounge in our hometown. He really likes the classy retro vibe.My only gripe about DLH is I love a REALLY hot shower. The water temperature was definitely not warm enough for me. But that just may be my craziness :bitelip:

I've stayed at PPH ages ago, but from what I remember it was a really nice sized room. The walk isn't much further, but it felt slightly more removed from the bubble than DLH.

Either way I think you'll have a great trip! EMH is awesome... particularly at DCA since it's limited to hotel guests.

We stayed at DLH for the first time last November. I really liked it. We had a standard room in the Adventure Tower that had a really nice view of the fireworks. Albeit they were far away, but we watched them from our bed the first night. It was really magical feeling :goodvibes

We also really liked being so close to Trader Sam's. Tangaroa Terrace was being remodeled at the time, so we didn't experience that. We did go to the lounge at Steakhouse 55 though and DH fell in love. He says he wishes he could transplant that lounge in our hometown. He really likes the classy retro vibe.My only gripe about DLH is I love a REALLY hot shower. The water temperature was definitely not warm enough for me. But that just may be my craziness :bitelip:

I've stayed at PPH ages ago, but from what I remember it was a really nice sized room. The walk isn't much further, but it felt slightly more removed from the bubble than DLH.

Either way I think you'll have a great trip! EMH is awesome... particularly at DCA since it's limited to hotel guests.
...interesting....I'm trying to decide whether the extra $300 or so is worth it....

...interesting....I'm trying to decide whether the extra $300 or so is worth it....

Not sure if this maters to you or not, but the pool at the DLH is currently under construction until May I believe. You might want to check. I know that factored into our decision on where to stay this time. Either way, have an amazing trip! I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the hotels on property at DL.

Not sure if this maters to you or not, but the pool at the DLH is currently under construction until May I believe. You might want to check. I know that factored into our decision on where to stay this time. Either way, have an amazing trip! I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the hotels on property at DL.
...not really - we intended to spend all/most of our time in the parks, since, chances are we probably won't be visiting DL again...

I'm seriously considering adding a park day to arrival day just to see Fantasmic! I really wanted to see the new version last year but was voted down by the group to do character dining instead, which was lovely, but this year I would love to make it happen. I'm considering an on-the-go package with the latest pickup possible (8:30) the problem is our flights doesn't land until 5:45. So pretty much any delay and we might not be able to get there in time. Decisions, decisions!

Ugh, that is stressful to not know if you'll be there for sure in time for pick up! Good luck making your decison! I would love to see Fantasmic too, especially if I just had one kid with me!

I can finally post now that DH ruined my surprise LOL.

April 20th-24th staying at Fairfield Anaheim and just got new annual passes , we are coming home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter