April 2019 Rental Car Thread

I thought I better rent something for our 4/1-4/11 trip, so went thru Costco with a pick up and drop off at airport at $425, hoping for something better. I checked this morning and found a lower rate on same itinerary, $385.
We are staying at BWV and sometimes pick up at the Dolphin so decided to check that. Sometimes it is a lot more , other times not too bad. We are coming in around 6pm and the Dolphin Alamo will be closed so checked prices for next day. Now have a reservation picking up at Dolphin 4/2 morning and dropping off at MCO on 4/11 for $258. I can live with this, we can catch Magical Express on 4/1

I got a mid sized SUV via Alamo for $379 for April 13-18. Prices still very high across the board using AAA, CarRentalSavers, BJs. No codes used (would be interested if anyone has any good codes!).

I got a mid sized SUV via Alamo for $379 for April 13-18. Prices still very high across the board using AAA, CarRentalSavers, BJs. No codes used (would be interested if anyone has any good codes!).
Try Autoslash. I booked ours quite a few months ago through Autoslash. Mid-size SUV, Alamo, pay now for $220 for a week in April

Try Autoslash. I booked ours quite a few months ago through Autoslash. Mid-size SUV, Alamo, pay now for $220 for a week in April

Thanks, I forgot about Autoslash. Is there a Pay Later option? I hate to prepay.

Thanks, I forgot about Autoslash. Is there a Pay Later option? I hate to prepay.
There was at the time I booked which was in Sept I believe. However, the pay later option was a lot more. The pay now option had an excellent cancellation policy. I'm hoping it will drop but I'm glad for now I have a good rate in case they don't drop. Good luck!
I did just check my week on Autoslash and the prices are much much higher now. Hopefully you will have better luck with your dates

There was at the time I booked which was in Sept I believe. However, the pay later option was a lot more. The pay now option had an excellent cancellation policy. I'm hoping it will drop but I'm glad for now I have a good rate in case they don't drop. Good luck!
I did just check my week on Autoslash and the prices are much much higher now. Hopefully you will have better luck with your dates

Thanks! With AutoSlash, I got a quote for a midsize SUV for $362. I'll keep checking, but that's enough savings to pay for at least one dinner :)

eta, the quote was for Pay Later

Alamo minivan rental from 4/22 to 5/1 down from $528 to $478! Used Costco discount on the Alamo web site.

Guess I should start looking for Star Wars race weekend. Still hoping for lower rates for my Princess weekend. My current rate with my corporate Avis account would be $216. That's for a full size for 4/3 - 4/8. Same price that I have for February.

Finally happy with my price $239 April 9-16th intermediate but I will keep checking!!!

I've never heard of Autoslash. Is that a reputable website? Looking to book a standard, even economy for last week of April, since my trip keeps getting more expensive :o

Anyone have luck with decent rates for the end of April? Our dates are 4/26-5/5 and the rates are still crazy high.

I got minivan from Costco 4/26-5/9 for $650. More than I’m accustomed to paying but best I’ve found so far.

Edit: $604.82 this morning

Last edited:
Alamo intermediate SUV Costco 23Apr19 to 07May19 $459.63.

Anyone know what Alamo has for intermediate SUV's at MCO?

I am planning an August trip but got this email today for March/April

Coupon Code: AU6224DJK
Free Upgrade

I can't confirm if there is a costing saving since I am not modeling this month but sharing just in case:
  • Available on Compact and Midsize car classes only.
  • Choose one of these car classes during reservation and get a free upgrade upon vehicle pickup, if available.
  • 1-day minimum rental required and a 27-day maximum applies.
  • Offer valid for travel through April 30, 2019. Vehicle must be returned by April 30, 2019.

FINALLY a big price drop for me today with Costco Travel site! April 27-May 3, mid SUV, $221 total, with Alamo. (Another was $219 but I like Alamo and choosing my own vehicle).

PS my last Alamo mid SUV was a Ford Escape in January. They had Rogues, I forget what else.

April seems like it's just going to be expensive. Still haven't found anything better than my corporate discount with Avis. 22 days until my trip so I'll keep wishing and waiting....

Price drop today for me. Needed something for 8 passengers, been watching minivans and Suburban pricing. Got Suburban from Alamo through Autoslash for $544 (4/19 - 4/27). This is at least $175 lower than I have been seeing over the last two months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter