April 2019 Rental Car Thread

Price drop today for me. Needed something for 8 passengers, been watching minivans and Suburban pricing. Got Suburban from Alamo through Autoslash for $544 (4/19 - 4/27). This is at least $175 lower than I have been seeing over the last two months.

That’s amazing!

I am renting thru BJs from the 12-22 from Ft Lauderdale. We need and 8 passenger as well so we have the premium or whatever it is called booked. I looked yesterday and it was $1008. I texted DH because I couldn’t recall what we have price wise. Well that is cheaper by $8. Crap! It worth it to switch. I just looked now and it was up $400!

Enterprise was the only company that’s had the 8 seater listed. I kept saying wow xxx is only $700 for the week but Alamo, etc...just listed it as a 7 seater.

That’s amazing!

I am renting thru BJs from the 12-22 from Ft Lauderdale. We need and 8 passenger as well so we have the premium or whatever it is called booked. I looked yesterday and it was $1008. I texted DH because I couldn’t recall what we have price wise. Well that is cheaper by $8. Crap! It worth it to switch. I just looked now and it was up $400!

Enterprise was the only company that’s had the 8 seater listed. I kept saying wow xxx is only $700 for the week but Alamo, etc...just listed it as a 7 seater.

I was having the same problem with the 7 vs. 8 seat minivans and suv options. I didn't trust Autoslash so once I made the reservation (through their link) I called Alamo to confirm. Agent confirmed that it was an 8 passenger Suburban. Good luck!

I was having the same problem with the 7 vs. 8 seat minivans and suv options. I didn't trust Autoslash so once I made the reservation (through their link) I called Alamo to confirm. Agent confirmed that it was an 8 passenger Suburban. Good luck!

We rented thru Alamo before and my husband forgot to do skip the counter so we went in and they offered us an 8 seater van so we took it for $100 more. When we went out they did not have any. So they offered us a 7 or 8 seater SUV. As soon as I opened the back to put our luggage in, I said no! There was no room. We were on a beach vacation so we had 7-8 beach chairs, coolers, bags, noodles, boogie boards, fishing poles and 7-8 people. The rep tried to tell me to put the 3rd row down because then there would be room for stuff... um...ok but then there with be room for people! So they had to find another. And all of a sudden the Yukon xl comes out. It was heavenly! And no change in price. So since then we have rented the xl/8 seater. But I think this may be our last year with the xL since my oldest graduates HS this year and my mom won’t come with us next year as her dementia is worse (not sure if she is coming in 4 weeks from now). So it will just be dh, myself and 2 of my kids. Plus my sister and her husband on days he isn’t working.

Guess I should start looking for Star Wars race weekend. Still hoping for lower rates for my Princess weekend. My current rate with my corporate Avis account would be $216. That's for a full size for 4/3 - 4/8. Same price that I have for February.

Got a full size through Priceline (from Autoslash) for $204.91 with cancellation available.

Fullsize with Alamo April 24-30 for $226 through Costco.

Not looking like we are going to get any bargains. I don't think I've ever paid over $200 for 5 days. Sigh.

Got a full size through Priceline (from Autoslash) for $204.91 with cancellation available.

Dollar through Priceline $204.61 for full size for my dates. (4/3-4/8) Don't think I'm going to change for 30 cents. Lol.

I've been making reservations, then finding something better, cancelling, find something better, since Dec! I added a few days to the start of my trip, April 28-30, so that was going to be about $90 for a midsize with Alamo. I already had a small SUV (Escape) from 5/4-5/10 booked for $277. Today I checked again, and booked a midsize for the entire time, for $18 more...$385. So, almost two weeks for $385. Not thrilled but it's better than it was a month or so ago. I'm an Alamo Insider as well as AP holder. Every little bit helps.

We’re at $217 total (all taxes, etc) for an intermediate with Alamo booked through Costco for April 6-13. Priceline has a mid-size or full-size for $201 this morning but the Costco price includes a second driver, which would be extra through Priceline.

We're April 19th-23rd and it's the most I've ever seen. About $336 through costco. Hoping it will come down

I am finding the car rental prices totally suck this year, we are renting April 16 to May 4th and a mid size is about 600 :(. Last year we paid about 350 for just one day less....

I am finding the car rental prices totally suck this year, we are renting April 16 to May 4th and a mid size is about 600 :(. Last year we paid about 350 for just one day less....

We are 18th-28th and i have $667 booked for an Elite SUV. Last year paid under $400 for Full size SUV so prices are def inflated this year. Hoping they drop in the coming days. I am considering taking an uber to an off Airport rental and savings about $200-$300. Just dont know if the hassle of taking uber with a toddler is worth it.

Yesterday I decided to check prices for my upcoming trip 4/13-4/18 and I got some good rates going through AutoSlash. Yesterday's best rate was $308 for a small SUV. I was happy since my last best rate was $360. I decided to check today and got $218!!! So keep checking and please don't forget to cancel your more expensive reservations!

eta, also check out AAA, the rates were pretty competitive and you can get 2nd driver with Hertz. HTHS!

Last edited:
My April 27-May 3 dropped again today, Costco Mid SUV, now at $209 all in, using Costco member travel site.

Weird thing. I have autoslash setup for my rental, but i check for prices changes multiple times daily and Autoslash never sent me an email for the price dropped i got yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!