***April 2019***

My youngest DS needed to meet us in FL 3 days after we got there because he had a tryout for a junior hockey team. I was so upset that it had to be over our vacation.
Well it’s all better now. He had a tryout last weekend and loved it. They called him the next day that they wanted a conference call to offer him a spot. So he accepted and DH was able to change his flight to ours! Thanks to all those grounded planes we didn’t need to pay the difference in cost.... and it would have been a lot!
I’m so happy he can be there for all of our vacation!
Now I’m just stressed about him going away in September.

Exactly 4 weeks for us! Kids still do not know about this trip.
We're 16 days out and dh and I agreed to wait until a few hours before we leave to tell the kids! We've never done a surprise trip so I'm hoping they like just go crazy when they find out.

A few surprises to kids on the board! That’s exciting! I’ve seen some cute reaction clips online when parents recorded telling their kids about Disney.

My kids have known about the trip almost the whole time. They aren’t talking about it, but they don’t get crazy about trips, I think they are more homebodies and when it comes to vacations, more go with the flow. But then, they aren’t jumping up and down types on anything. They’ll have a good time though!

Well JetBlue changed my flight arrival time to not match up with my sister and my nephew .o_O I get in 2 hours later now and the magic bands were shipped to my house.
So today I did a first for me. Went to UPS to mail the other two magic bands to them. The trip is still a surprise for my nephew.
At the UPS store the woman asked what the contents of the box were. When I nervously said magic bands ( a little paranoid about mailing them) heads behind the counter turned my way. Couldn’t tell if it was confusion or jealousy?:P
Either way, can’t wait! 7 sleeps and I’ll be there:)

Checking the weather as I’m packing for my trip on Monday, I’m surprised to see low-70s! I was expecting mid-80s. I’ve never worn anything but shorts and tank tops to Disney, now it’s in that weird in-between temp. What am I going to wear :eek:?

Checking the weather as I’m packing for my trip on Monday, I’m surprised to see low-70s! I was expecting mid-80s. I’ve never worn anything but shorts and tank tops to Disney, now it’s in that weird in-between temp. What am I going to wear :eek:?
Layers!

29 more days! I got my magic band shipping notification email this morning, woo hoo! I also got magical express mail on Friday, but just for me... I added my sister to the reservation a couple of weeks after I originally booked it, so I’m hoping I’ll get a second mailing with her info and luggage tag soon. Has anyone else ever added any one on later and had this happen? I’m thinking if I don’t get something by next weekend then I’ll call.

I’m from New England so 70s is still shorts weather for us. You’ll probably be fine.
Same here! I’m from Rhode Island and I’ve only worn pants (instead of shorts) in Disney on one trip. It was January of 2009 and there was frost on the car in the morning. :joker:

Same here, live in NJ but originally from NY so shorts in 70 degree whether is fine. 13 days and counting, this will make 8 years straight going to Disney with the family but first spring break trip since prior years were during summer time. I don't think I have ever packed a pair of pants on prior Disney trips.

Is there a group of 4 planning to be at a Hollywood Studios on Friday, April 19 and would like vouchers to the Fantasmic show that night? We have the dining package but will be going to the Star Wars dessert party and won’t be able to use the vouchers!

Is there a group of 4 planning to be at a Hollywood Studios on Friday, April 19 and would like vouchers to the Fantasmic show that night? We have the dining package but will be going to the Star Wars dessert party and won’t be able to use the vouchers!
Oh my goodness, yes!! We are a family of 4 and will be there! This is so kind :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter