***April 2019***

I am interested in the weather difference between April and later months particularly summer months.

Also interested in what the weather is like in April. I'm soo confused as what to pack for this holiday. We'll be in Vegas and New York from mid march before coming to Orlando and I've been told that NY is quite chilly around that time and Orlando is very humid! I really don't want to have to pack both winter and summer clothing for the one holiday! :worried:

I was reading an article about April having the least amount of rain last year in Orlando. But it's Orlando, I'm packing a rain jacket or poncho! But yes, whether to pack pants or not, I'm not sure. I always bring at least a hoodie even in summer and a pair of three quarter length jog pants as I get chilly in the hotel in the evening even in the middle of a hot summer from the AC.

Yay! Went ahead and booked a trip first week of April (1-5)! I'll be going with a first timer, and it'll be my first time at Flower & Garden, so plenty of new experiences to be had! We'll be staying at Coronado Springs - I know there's still work going on there, but got a great Disney Visa discount and I've stayed at resorts with construction before so I'm not concerned. Also, I can jump right into ADRs lol!

Booked! Pop Century, March 31- April 8! (we will be visiting the Parks-that-must-not-be-named for 3 nights before that too!)

Not doing the dining plan, but trying for a few pre-park opening breakfasts.

SO EXCITED!!

No news just waiting to buy park hoppers in late January! Hoping to catch a few Disney gift card deals over the holidays to use on food and merchandise.

Booked! Pop Century, March 31- April 8! (we will be visiting the Parks-that-must-not-be-named for 3 nights before that too!)

Not doing the dining plan, but trying for a few pre-park opening breakfasts.
I've never stayed at the Pop. I was looking at the all star sports and would like to try that one day but probably won't happen. I seriously considered a few this time near Disney Springs that looked quite nice. I'd go for a pre-park opening breakfast but it would be hard to move my family along that early, as it is I can't wait to see how I have to get them up and going to make it to rope drop!
Yay! Went ahead and booked a trip first week of April (1-5)! I'll be going with a first timer, and it'll be my first time at Flower & Garden,
Yay! I am excited to see the Flower and Garden.

I've never stayed at the Pop. I was looking at the all star sports and would like to try that one day but probably won't happen. I seriously considered a few this time near Disney Springs that looked quite nice. I'd go for a pre-park opening breakfast but it would be hard to move my family along that early, as it is I can't wait to see how I have to get them up and going to make it to rope drop!

Yay! I am excited to see the Flower and Garden.

Pop is fun, I've stayed at All Star Music and Movies and they are awesome too!

I just scored an 8:05 BOG breakfast reservation for one of our MK days. SO PUMPED!

Are there any new rides or attractions in any of the WDW parks that opened in the last two years? Last trip was June 2017 to WDW, and got to check out Pandora in AK at that time. What about closures? I'm tracking Toy Story Land for an open that we should go see, and I think the Stitch experience in MK is now closed, along with Great Movie Ride. Trying to think of what new things to look for, and what things to forget about doing due to closures on the April trip.

I am all booked for April 1 -4, first time at WDW! I am coming in early though on the 31st. Meeting friends at 4 PM so not sure if it is worth it to visit one of the parks for that day. I have heard AK and Hollywood can be seen in less than a full day. We have plans to visit all parks so how can I make the most of arriving a day early? I am a Disneyland Passholder so many attractions are not new to me.

I am all booked for April 1 -4, first time at WDW! I am coming in early though on the 31st. Meeting friends at 4 PM so not sure if it is worth it to visit one of the parks for that day. I have heard AK and Hollywood can be seen in less than a full day. We have plans to visit all parks so how can I make the most of arriving a day early? I am a Disneyland Passholder so many attractions are not new to me.
It sounds like the day in is spent with friends so could just skip that day, depending on arrival time could go to one of the parks for a few hours. In my experience with HS we always leave early, same with AK, but AK has made a come back now as I also prefer visiting AK at late afternoon/night with Pandora. HS I always want to hurry up and be done with early, for some reason I notice the crowds there more and I hate to say I don't really like too many of the things there. I haven't been to the new Toy Story Land so maybe that'll change my mind next time. But last two times we went it's just been Great Movie Ride (gone), Toy Story ride (before the land), Star Tours, and either TT or RocknRoller Coaster, skip on the shows. Time spent there could make a difference if you like to do shows. We usually only do 4 days in the parks anyway, and always a return visit or to MK or Epcot in the evening. This time we are doing 5 days.

I would take a look at the park hours for each of those days and see if it's worth it or not to squeeze in time on your arrival day. Oh, also you may enjoy seeing Disney Springs on arrival day. I guess a lot depends on the unknown of are you staying in a hotel or not, and if on property or not, arrival time, flight or drive, where you have to meet friends, etc., as all those factors, a strategy could be if must do a park on arrival to just fast pass a few at one park or just relax and get ready to hit the parks early April 1.

Last edited:
We will be there April 11-20, Port Orleans-French Quarter, 5 adults, 1 child-9 yrs old
I have reserved a 10 person Illuminations Cruise for Monday evening, April 15.
Since we are a party of 6, would anyone (party of 4 or less) like to join us? Price would be $37.17 per person.
The cruise includes sodas, water, and some snacks.
My email is katgar8955@att.net

We will be there April 11-20, Port Orleans-French Quarter, 5 adults, 1 child-9 yrs old
I have reserved a 10 person Illuminations Cruise for Monday evening, April 15.
Since we are a party of 6, would anyone (party of 4 or less) like to join us? Price would be $37.17 per person.
The cruise includes sodas, water, and some snacks.
My email is katgar8955@att.net
That is a nice offer! Usually we don't stick around for the fireworks in Epcot. I've never been on a cruise in the parks though have you? Sounds fun. I thought about the pirate cruise sometime back.
Update: Changed our Yacht Club standard room to Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level. Same dates April 20-28. Got to love AP discounts!
Animal Kingdom Lodge is on my bucket list, maybe one day will stay. AP must give some good discounts!

Also interested in what the weather is like in April. I'm soo confused as what to pack for this holiday. We'll be in Vegas and New York from mid march before coming to Orlando and I've been told that NY is quite chilly around that time and Orlando is very humid! I really don't want to have to pack both winter and summer clothing for the one holiday! :worried:
I was there last year in mid April. The weather was rather warm with a bit of humidity. Evenings were nice and I didn't need a sweater or jacket at all. You don't need to pack winter things. I'm from NJ and will that NY in march is cold and can have a lot of snow. Usually also very windy. You will be lucky to see a day above 50 or so.

I was reading an article about April having the least amount of rain last year in Orlando. But it's Orlando, I'm packing a rain jacket or poncho! But yes, whether to pack pants or not, I'm not sure. I always bring at least a hoodie even in summer and a pair of three quarter length jog pants as I get chilly in the hotel in the evening even in the middle of a hot summer from the AC.
I am hoping for hardly any rain like I had last trip. I was blessed and didn't have much rain. With that said, its florida expect rain anytime of year.

I hadn't heard of the Flying Fish. I haven't been to Disney Springs for some time I think 2015, and so don't remember some of the names unless this is a newer restaurant. I want to at least go to one or two restaurants I've never been to on this next trip.
My brother and his family love the Boathouse. I rather and prefer to eat at Shula's Steakhouse or at Yachtsman Steakhouse for a good steak. I am not a fish eater myself.

My brother and his family love the Boathouse. I rather and prefer to eat at Shula's Steakhouse or at Yachtsman Steakhouse for a good steak. I am not a fish eater myself.
My youngest loves seafood. I only like shellfishes and salmon. But, I've always wanted to try the Boathouse! I think next time we'll try the Yachtsman Steakhouse I've heard good things about it.
I am hoping for hardly any rain like I had last trip. I was blessed and didn't have much rain. With that said, its florida expect rain anytime of year.
We've been dumped on plenty at WDW, I remember last visit the wait for Pandora, and it poured like crazy and we stood in line still, now if it had been cold rain, no! That reminds me to put on the packing list when it comes time those fold up plastic ponchos!

I opened up My Disney experience app and my hotel reservation SOG had fallen off being linked. Relinked it no problem again but no idea why it fell off. I think when it comes time to book fastpasses I'm going to screen shot and keep it in my photos just in case. Otherwise there is nothing to do as far as planning for the vacation, except look through the dining reservations and debate on changes, and continue to save. Mid to end January is when I plan to purchase our tickets and magic bands.

Anyone care to share your plans? I always like seeing how others plan out their trips :) Here's mine:

Trip is myself, DH, DS12, DS9
March 29 - April 2 we'll be in Clearwater visiting my parents, April 2-7 staying at POFQ

Tues 4/2 - drive over from Clearwater, check into POFQ, take boat to DS for dinner at Homecomin
Wed 4/3 - MK, lunch at Tony's (FoF parade package), back to hotel after parade to relax for a couple hours, head to AK for Disney After Hours from 7-11:30pm
Thurs 4/4 - MK, late breakfast at BOG, dinner at California Grill
Fri 4/5 - Epcot, no ADRs (eating at F&G booths), would like to do FEA dessert party this night IF the dates are ever released
Sat 4/6 - DHS, dinner at 50s PT
Sun 4/7 - drive home :(

I planned DHS for the last day to hopefully score SDD FPs, so fingers crossed! I'm also waiting impatiently for FEA dessert party dates to be released.

Have always said we wouldn't do Disney - too expensive, too crazy .. well, here we are. Husband, wife, and 4 & 6 year old daughters headed to WDW for a surprise Spring Break. Staying at Polynesian Villas.

Fly in on Easter (4/21/19) and stay through 4/26/19. So far, this is what I've booked. Is it too much? I had assumed we'd just stay at the MK all of the days, but I'm beginning to think that might be too much?

Sunday:
Arrive MCO 10am
Dinner reservations at Kona Café

Monday:
MK at rope drop
Brunch @ Chef Mickey's 11am

Tuesday:
MK at rope drop
Tea Party at Floridian at 2pm
Back to Polynesian to rest/swim
Luau at 8:15pm

Wednesday:
MK at rope drop
BBB Boutique 10:00am
Lunch @ Royal table 12pm
Back to Polynesian to rest/swim by 3pm
Parade/fireworks at 9pm
Magic hours 10-midnight

Thursday:
Alternate park?
Dinner at Be our Guest at 5:00pm

Friday:
Breakfast with Lilo at 8:45
Checkout at 11am
Hang at pool until Magical Express at 3pm

What fast passes should I be thinking about? Am I too scheduled?

Anyone care to share your plans? I always like seeing how others plan out their trips :) Here's mine:

Trip is myself, DH, DS12, DS9
March 29 - April 2 we'll be in Clearwater visiting my parents, April 2-7 staying at POFQ

Tues 4/2 - drive over from Clearwater, check into POFQ, take boat to DS for dinner at Homecomin
Wed 4/3 - MK, lunch at Tony's (FoF parade package), back to hotel after parade to relax for a couple hours, head to AK for Disney After Hours from 7-11:30pm
Thurs 4/4 - MK, late breakfast at BOG, dinner at California Grill
Fri 4/5 - Epcot, no ADRs (eating at F&G booths), would like to do FEA dessert party this night IF the dates are ever released
Sat 4/6 - DHS, dinner at 50s PT
Sun 4/7 - drive home :(

I planned DHS for the last day to hopefully score SDD FPs, so fingers crossed! I'm also waiting impatiently for FEA dessert party dates to be released.
We are staying at Shades of Green with 5 day park hopper tickets. These are my loose plans based on when I can find Toy Story land fastpasses and Pandora, so things will change, and restaurants. Except for day one, not changing BOG and have to start at MK.
Day 1-Check-in
Day 2-MK (lunch BOG)/HS
Day 3-AK morning/Epcot (Via Napoli lunch)
Day 4-no parks maybe Trex café, or minigolf, or rent a car to do something in/around Orlando
Day 5-HS morning/MK (lunch Grand Floridian Café)
Day 6-No parks, no plan yet
Day 7-MK/Epcot
Day 8-AK/MK
Day 9-No parks, Disney Springs (Boathouse)
Day 10-Checkout

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!