***April 2019***

Anyone care to share your plans? I always like seeing how others plan out their trips :)

We will be purchasing the CL FP+ again to make sure we get all the good FP+ :)
Sat 4/20 leave the house around 3am so the girls sleep most of our 7 hour drive. Arrive at AKL between 10 and 11am. Dinner at Jiko
Sun 4/21 MK - ADR @ CRT
Mon 4/22 HS morning, EP evening. - ADR's @ 50's PT and Teppan Edo
Tues 4/23 AK - ADR Yak & Yeti
Wed 4/24 Sea World
Thurs 4/25 HS - ARD @ Sci-Fi
Fri 4/26 EP - ADR @ Garden Grill
Sat 4/27 MK - ADR's @ The Plaza & Skipper Canteen
Sun 4/28 Heading home.

Fly in on Easter (4/21/19) and stay through 4/26/19. So far, this is what I've booked. Is it too much? I had assumed we'd just stay at the MK all of the days, but I'm beginning to think that might be too much?
It may not be too time much for just MK. Your kids are pretty young at 4 and 6, though I will say AK and Epcot are pretty great also! I would definitely try one of those if not both of those parks, unless it's a reason in ticket purchasing to just go MK. I'm not a fan much of HS, hopefully the new Toy Story land will change things but in the past, we are always done and want to go. The key to not feeling overscheduled with younger ones is to take a park break mid day, which it seems like you are! We still take a mid day break, and mine are older. Once you finish your fastpass, have your app handy if you have a smartphone to go ahead and book more FPs if you are coming back that night!

Fast passes (now I haven't been in two years!) I would say for MK is Peter Pan, Seven Dwarfs Minetrain, Splash Mountain. But, you may be able to ropedrop Peterpan or Splash Mountain. My two are 10 and 11 and won't go on Splash although I hope I can sway them! So, we will do Space Mountain if I can't sway them over to Splash Mountain, but I think they'll do it this time. One I hate and I'm sure others will disagree is the Tomorrowland Speedway. I save that one to fastpass if it's my second time back in the park, I don't know, I just don't like that one or the Jungle Cruise! These fastpass thoughts are just for MK. Oh, and you have girls I see so there may be a princess type thing you want to FP?

I will be there April 7-13 but this will be a solo trip so I don't really have much planned except ADRs. I will be park hopping with my AP but here is a loose idea of what I'm going to do.

April 7 - arrival day, flight gets in at 6:30pm so will probably use a lyft from the airport to POP but haven't decided yet, I just don't want to get there at like 8pm.
April 8 - MK - lunch at BOG and then possibly jumping over to Epcot for the evening
April 9 - MK in the morning to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour, maybe; Afternoon going to HS - ADR at 50's
April 10 - grabbing a lyft to Character Warehouse and then Epcot - no ADRs, planning on eating at the food booths
April 11 - MK - breakfast at CP
April 12 - breakfast at 1900 Park Fare then AK
April 13 - checkout day, flight is at 1:39pm

I'm not used to park hopping as I usually am not alone and am the only one with an AP in the family so I'm not sure the best way to do everything, lol. Again this is loose and can change.

We don't usually go right from one park to the next on park hoppers. In the past it's been do one park in the morning/break/go to another park in the evening or back to the same park. We've done the waterpark add-ons once, but never again. Not enough time.

Hi Disboard!

I am in need help/advice with my touring plan and strategies for a Spring break trip. Touring plans shows crowd levels being reasonable right now, however I have a strong feeling the crowd levels will jump to 9/10s based on last year’s crowd level data.

Our trip is scheduled for April 19 – 27, 2019 at Fort Wilderness Campground. Our group consists of 2 adults and 2 kids (11, 13). Planning to buy a 3 day hopper plus ticket since this will allow 6 days of activities as well as time to enjoy the campground and visit Disney Springs.

My plan is to include some downtime and visits to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach since we haven’t been to either of these water parks before. On paper my plan looks good but I have this feeling that I am missing something and should splurge for extra days on the park tickets in case my plan for water parks doesn’t work out due to weather, closures, or some other unforeseen reason. However I would obviously prefer not to pay for something that isn’t necessary since ticket costs are already extremely high.

It’s also important to note that we have been to Disney in 2017 and we do know which attractions are a must for us and which attractions we can skip, so this means we don’t necessarily need full days in the parks. Which is why I was thinking the hopper plus option would work for us this time around. Of course my plan is heavily dependent on securing our most desired fast pass choices, which has me a bit nervous but we do get to select fast passes at the 60 day mark just like any other Disney resort even though we are staying at the campground. Also, since my park days will not start until 5 days into the trip I am staying optimistic that it will work out.

Ok, enough back stories and explanations (sorry the post is so long winded). Here is my plan, please provide any thoughts, feedbacks, suggestions. All responses are greatly appreciated.

Day 1 – Friday – Arrive

Setup Camp and explore the campground

Day 2 – Saturday – Water Park Day (no preference as to which one first)

Day 3 – Sunday (Easter) – Disney Springs

Dinner at O’hanna at 6 p.m.

Day 4 – Monday – Water Park Day

Day 5 – Tuesday – MK in the a.m.

Leave before/around noon and head back to the campground to rest.

EP in the p.m (arrive around 5 p.m. and stay for EMH till 11p.m.)

Day 6 – Wednesday – AK (Arrive around 11 a.m.)

Optional p.m. visit to MK (visit during EMH till 12a.m.) It would be nice to catch the fireworks but I’m thinking that might be though since we would love to see Pandora at night also.

Day 7 – Thursday – Optional visit to one of the parks in the a.m to take advantage of the hopper.

HS in the p.m. (Arrive around 1 p.m.)

Day 8 – Friday – Horseback Riding at Fort Wilderness

Optional day to use last hopper plus visit (I will purchase for the flexible ticket option to be able to use the last plus ticket on this day).

Day 9 – Saturday – Check out

Note – I am front loading the water parks in the trip because I was trying to hit the main parks in middle of the week rather than on the weekend. I know the Saturday water park day might be high crowds but it fit nicely in the schedule and I thought if we rope dropped here it would be manageable.

Hi Disboard!

I am in need help/advice with my touring plan and strategies for a Spring break trip. Touring plans shows crowd levels being reasonable right now, however I have a strong feeling the crowd levels will jump to 9/10s based on last year’s crowd level data.

Our trip is scheduled for April 19 – 27, 2019 at Fort Wilderness Campground. Our group consists of 2 adults and 2 kids (11, 13). Planning to buy a 3 day hopper plus ticket since this will allow 6 days of activities as well as time to enjoy the campground and visit Disney Springs.

My plan is to include some downtime and visits to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach since we haven’t been to either of these water parks before. On paper my plan looks good but I have this feeling that I am missing something and should splurge for extra days on the park tickets in case my plan for water parks doesn’t work out due to weather, closures, or some other unforeseen reason. However I would obviously prefer not to pay for something that isn’t necessary since ticket costs are already extremely high.

It’s also important to note that we have been to Disney in 2017 and we do know which attractions are a must for us and which attractions we can skip, so this means we don’t necessarily need full days in the parks. Which is why I was thinking the hopper plus option would work for us this time around. Of course my plan is heavily dependent on securing our most desired fast pass choices, which has me a bit nervous but we do get to select fast passes at the 60 day mark just like any other Disney resort even though we are staying at the campground. Also, since my park days will not start until 5 days into the trip I am staying optimistic that it will work out.

Ok, enough back stories and explanations (sorry the post is so long winded). Here is my plan, please provide any thoughts, feedbacks, suggestions. All responses are greatly appreciated.

Day 1 – Friday – Arrive

Setup Camp and explore the campground

Day 2 – Saturday – Water Park Day (no preference as to which one first)

Day 3 – Sunday (Easter) – Disney Springs

Dinner at O’hanna at 6 p.m.

Day 4 – Monday – Water Park Day

Day 5 – Tuesday – MK in the a.m.

Leave before/around noon and head back to the campground to rest.

EP in the p.m (arrive around 5 p.m. and stay for EMH till 11p.m.)

Day 6 – Wednesday – AK (Arrive around 11 a.m.)

Optional p.m. visit to MK (visit during EMH till 12a.m.) It would be nice to catch the fireworks but I’m thinking that might be though since we would love to see Pandora at night also.

Day 7 – Thursday – Optional visit to one of the parks in the a.m to take advantage of the hopper.

HS in the p.m. (Arrive around 1 p.m.)

Day 8 – Friday – Horseback Riding at Fort Wilderness

Optional day to use last hopper plus visit (I will purchase for the flexible ticket option to be able to use the last plus ticket on this day).

Day 9 – Saturday – Check out

Note – I am front loading the water parks in the trip because I was trying to hit the main parks in middle of the week rather than on the weekend. I know the Saturday water park day might be high crowds but it fit nicely in the schedule and I thought if we rope dropped here it would be manageable.
Merged you to the April thread to share with others who are planning for the same, busy period. :)

Have always said we wouldn't do Disney - too expensive, too crazy .. well, here we are. Husband, wife, and 4 & 6 year old daughters headed to WDW for a surprise Spring Break. Staying at Polynesian Villas.

Fly in on Easter (4/21/19) and stay through 4/26/19. So far, this is what I've booked. Is it too much? I had assumed we'd just stay at the MK all of the days, but I'm beginning to think that might be too much?

We will be there the same time, staying at AKL. For us, that many days at MK would be way too many, but personally I love AK and Epcot, and DS(11) loves HS. So we will go to all four parks. There are some really fun things for the littles at Epcot (including all the Frozen stuff, if they're into that), so it's worth spending some time there too!

I’m surprised this thread isn’t busier! There will be so many of us there.

We’re going the week before Easter (tied to school schedules). Have been twice during this time and feel I have our touring plans fairly solid now to maximize enjoyment.

Staying at Wilderness Lodge with a split between a Copper Creek Villa and cash resort room. Adding on the meal plan for the cash segment for meals at BOG, Storybook, and Tusker house. Mostly everything else will be quick service; I’ve realized I don’t like being tied to specific times that much.

Will likely attend DAH at Hollywood Studios (we all love HS!) and EMM at Fantasyland. Touring will be parks in the morning (other than day after DAH), afternoons relaxing, and parks possibly again in the evening.

Hopeful FoP fastpasses can be had; I’ve booked AK for later in the trip.

We’re going the week before Easter (tied to school schedules). Have been twice during this time and feel I have our touring plans fairly solid now to maximize enjoyment.

Staying at Wilderness Lodge with a split between a Copper Creek Villa and cash resort room. Adding on the meal plan for the cash segment for meals at BOG, Storybook, and Tusker house. Mostly everything else will be quick service; I’ve realized I don’t like being tied to specific times that much.

Will likely attend DAH at Hollywood Studios (we all love HS!) and EMM at Fantasyland. Touring will be parks in the morning (other than day after DAH), afternoons relaxing, and parks possibly again in the evening.

I know, it isn't very busy! I don't have anything to do trip plan wise until I get tickets in a few weeks, and order magic bands. When Feb 1st comes hopefully I'll have those in and linked and I need to think about what FPs to get before the 60 day window opens up, and what parks to do what days along with alternate plans based on what FPs might actually not be available when I look. We are also tied to school spring break schedule but ours happens to coincide with Easter on one end.

I love WL, and would like to stay there again one day. I love that you have the boat or bus to get to MK.

We are going for the Star Wars Run Disney event. :) 4 April thru 8 April. This is exciting news (for us anyways) because we have our 10th Anniversary trip scheduled in late August into early September for 10 days in Europe. We did not plan on going to WDW this year.. :) :) :) We made it happen though. As for our Europe trip.. We are doing 5 days in Munich and 4 days in Salzburg, Austria. I'm factoring in roughly 1 full day of travel with losing the time going over and gaining it when we fly back.

I agree I wonder if there are still some people still waiting for Disney deals and discounts for the spring or maybe there waiting to travel to Disney later in the year. April is a beautiful time to visit.

April 11-20
Port Orleans - French Quarter, 2 rooms, 5 adults & 1 child
airfare booked - $3950 (round trip from Calif is not cheap!!)
Any chance free dining might be offered?

We have the same exact dates and are also at PORFQ!! I always love trying to find fellow disboarders on my trips!

We fly in early on the 11th . Our trip so far looks like this:

4/11: arrival day. Doing DAH MK that night.
4/12: AK
4/13: DHS. We may add DAH HS this night too then pick a different park during the day, hop over for our dinner plans at Mama Melrose then stay for DAH.
4/14: MK
4/15: Epcot
4/16: no park
4/17: Epcot
4/18: Mk
4/19: AK
4/20: departure day flight is at 8pm. Not sure what we will do yet.

Our dining is all set ( for now ) -just waiting in FP!

Just added on to our April trip! We leave 100 days from today woohoo!!! We were going to take the train down but I was met with much resistance from the kids & DH so I ended up booking flights leaving on the 10th returning on the 18th. Was able to get round trip for the 5 of us on spirit air (not excited about that part) for $200 each from Boston non stop. I was also able to snag two nights at Polynesian with our DVC points so we'll be there Wednesday night to Friday and then move over to Shades of Green for the rest of our time in a poolside room. Kids will have to miss 2 days of school but then they're on school vacation for a week.

I am also surprised this thread isn't busier! Especially with school vacation week leading up to Easter weekend. We will only have 5 day park hoppers so we will have a couple of days to relax and hopefully actually get to do The Void this time. It was on our list last year but we never made it happen. I haven't booked any dining reservations yet so I need to get on that, also need to order our park tickets. Now that the holidays are just about over, I get to focus my spare time on the nitty gritty planning that I love to do!!

My brother and his wife’s honeymoon is April 1-5. They’ve been married for about a year but needed time to save up for this trip. They are NOT planners, and they have never been to Disney. They’re more than a little intimidated by all the details involved, but are both lifelong Disney fans.

I LOVE planning and have been to Disney many times, so they asked me to be their personal guide. I’ve been doing all the planning/logistics for them, but resisted going because even though they’ve been married for a little while, it’s still their honeymoon. But they kept insisting and even gave me a gift card for Christmas. So now I’m officially on board!

We have separate rooms at ASMusic (they have a limited budget). I’ll do QS/CS on my own and split off around dinner time each day, as I want to make sure they have special time just to themselves. (And if/when they discover they don’t need a guide at all, I’m 100% okay doing Disney solo!)

Here’s our schedule so far:

4/1:
Flight lands at noon
Afternoon/Evening at HS
Dinner for 2 at Sci-fi Drive In
(I can hit TOT then as neither of them are interested, and probably an extra ride on Star Tours)
Fantasmic

4/2:
AK
Dinner for 2 at Yak & Yeti
I’m thinking we’ll skip ROL, as I wasn’t impressed when I went in early 2017

4/3:
MK
Dinner for 2 at BOG (currently 9pm was all I could get them, hoping to change that)
Evening EMH until midnight
Fireworks

4/4:
EPCOT
F&G Festival
I’ll probably suggest they do Illuminations, but I’ll probably skip it myself

4/5:
Late breakfast for all 3 of us at Ohana
Maybe explore the Boardwalk area? (I’ve never been)
Flight leaves at 4:30

Next up is FPs on 1/31, and then we just wait. Any ideas for low/no-cost romantic ideas for my brother and SIL? I’ve bought them bride and groom ears, and we’ll get them some buttons to wear.

Just added on to our April trip! We leave 100 days from today woohoo!!! We were going to take the train down but I was met with much resistance from the kids & DH so I ended up booking flights leaving on the 10th returning on the 18th. Was able to get round trip for the 5 of us on spirit air (not excited about that part) for $200 each from Boston non stop. I was also able to snag two nights at Polynesian with our DVC points so we'll be there Wednesday night to Friday and then move over to Shades of Green for the rest of our time in a poolside room. Kids will have to miss 2 days of school but then they're on school vacation for a week.

I am also surprised this thread isn't busier! Especially with school vacation week leading up to Easter weekend. We will only have 5 day park hoppers so we will have a couple of days to relax and hopefully actually get to do The Void this time. It was on our list last year but we never made it happen. I haven't booked any dining reservations yet so I need to get on that, also need to order our park tickets. Now that the holidays are just about over, I get to focus my spare time on the nitty gritty planning that I love to do!!
We also stay at SOG. I haven't had a poolside we've always had Palm side except for once when I had to switch rooms. I love the resort, I think the count is we've been 5 times if I think about it, one time no park just an overnight. I did want to stay at Wilderness, AKL, or Contemporary this trip to try and try and do a split stay, but the cost for rooms just isn't in what I'm willing to justify at the moment. Will leave those for some future visit!

I went ahead and bought magic bands earlier than planned with the free ship deal yesterday, where are all the plain single colors at, no blues, orange, yellow, green, black? Slim selection right now from the Disney Store in my opinion. Maybe the holidays.
Any ideas for low/no-cost romantic ideas for my brother and SIL? I’ve bought them bride and groom ears, and we’ll get them some buttons to wear.
Is there a specific budget amount for it? I would think maybe a boat ride or carriage ride.
Here's some ideas to look through: https://www.mousesavers.com/free-and-cheap-stuff-to-do-at-walt-disney-world/

EASTER :scared: staying CBR April 18-22 before our Disney Cruise. I thought "how bad can Easter be?" Touring plans has changed predictions and it looks like its going to be crazy busy! Anyone know if they reach capacity for Easter Sunday? I booked my parks(dining) based on touring plans and which days seemed less crowded and that is now opposite, I could change parks but would miss out on some important to us ADR's. I picked Epcot on Easter Sunday thinking everyone would want to be in MK. Apparently not? Is there one park usually busier than another? I know TP is usually very accurate but I hope they are wrong. Of course we will make the most of it, kids will be 11,11,14 so they can handle anything too.

EASTER :scared: staying CBR April 18-22 before our Disney Cruise. I thought "how bad can Easter be?" Touring plans has changed predictions and it looks like its going to be crazy busy! Anyone know if they reach capacity for Easter Sunday? I booked my parks(dining) based on touring plans and which days seemed less crowded and that is now opposite, I could change parks but would miss out on some important to us ADR's. I picked Epcot on Easter Sunday thinking everyone would want to be in MK. Apparently not? Is there one park usually busier than another? I know TP is usually very accurate but I hope they are wrong. Of course we will make the most of it, kids will be 11,11,14 so they can handle anything too.

I don't know if they will reach capacity, but it's going to be super super busy the week leading to/including Easter, and maybe slightly less so the week after (but still super super busy). I've been twice during this time, and honestly, one or two level change between parks doesn't really feel very different to me. In my experience, they all feel extremely crowded after 11am.

I wouldn't change my own plans based on a 9 vs 10, or even a 7 or 8 vs 10. I create a plan, get fastpasses and try to get 4th, 5th, etc. same day. I've been pretty successful. I know some don't like to be glued to the phone, but I take ~5 minutes to refresh while the kids get a snack/drink and that allows us to not spend an hour+ in lines or leave. We spend afternoons at the pool or otherwise relaxing and then likely go to a park in the evening, especially if I can get an FP for something they want.

I am also adding in EMM at MK one morning and DAH at HS (if it wasn't happening while we were there we'd do an EMM) to help with getting things done. Others may have different thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter