April 8th, 2018 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal from Port Canaveral to San Diego

I do miss the days when disboards was really active. Our EBPC in 2014 had over 150 pages

Our first cruise was in 2005... I found the DIS boards some months before that... And a cruise meets thread for our cruise.

From that thread I found two people that I seemed to have a lot in common with, chatted online (on the boards) and then, of course met in person on the ship.

Once on the ship we were all busy with our respective famlies but met up now and then...
It was after the cruise that we talked more and then made efforts to get together.
It didn't hurt that one of them lived very near Disneyland and the other in Hawaii! Gave me (2 hours from Seattle) just another reason to go to visit both locations! (Which we did!)

After that I always either started or joined a cruise meets thread for each cruise (we have 6 under our belts).
And organize or participate in Fish Extender gift exchanges (although we are not interested this time)

On another trip, we met a family (on the boards first) that had kids the same age as ours and were from my and my husbands home town (where our parents still live). The girls (about 14 at the time) got together a lot on the ship, we saw the parents now and again... but the fun part of getting to know this family was without planning it, we ended up on the exact same cruise 2 years later! The girls picked up right where they left off...

So, what I'm getting at is some way to spark this thread...

Are you willing to share more about yourselves to make some connections?
Similar reasons for choosing this cruise?
Typical "Cruise style?"

I'll start:
Marcy 50, DH Vijay 51
NOT bringing our kids DD20, DS16

I have taught Jazzercise for the last 11 years in conjunction to being a stay at home mom.
I focused on the kids but also the home itself doing as much of the repairs, upkeep, remodeling, and landscaping as I physically could.
I have now taken a full time, seasonal job at a golf resort 30 miles from us in Central Washington state, as the supervisor of Beverage carts on our two golf courses. Fun job, good money, but have found some challenges being the supervisor!

My DH is a Full Professor in Music teaching both choral and jazz... mostly vocal ensembles, but also can play/direct instrumental classical and jazz music.
He is also a prolific (published) composer/arranger.

We travel as much as we can... Disney parks and cruise line, Hawaii (especially Kaua'i), own a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas, San Diego, and most recently Eleuthera, Bahamas. We love to travel around Washington and Oregon as well.

We have three dogs, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (11yrs old), and two shelter rescues, a pom mix ( 11 yrs old) and a Lab mix (big! 3 yrs old)

There's my jumping off point!

Marcy

Hi Marcy

Tracy 51 Heather 47
Our son is 26 and our daughter is 24
We live about 30 miles outside of Seattle

We took our first cruise in 2011 on the Disney Magic. This will be our 14th cruise, 8th on Disney. This will be our 2nd Panama Canal cruise on Disney. The last on is one of our favorite cruise we have taken. As much as we love Disney we take more RCCL. Our goal now is to see as many different countries we can. Currently we have been to 24.

Hi Marcy

Tracy 51 Heather 47
Our son is 26 and our daughter is 24
We live about 30 miles outside of Seattle

We took our first cruise in 2011 on the Disney Magic. This will be our 14th cruise, 8th on Disney. This will be our 2nd Panama Canal cruise on Disney. The last on is one of our favorite cruise we have taken. As much as we love Disney we take more RCCL. Our goal now is to see as many different countries we can. Currently we have been to 24.

Yay! Washington! We are in Ellensburg, but I am currently at work at Suncadia Resort.

Pretty happy it seems summer is finally here!

That's a lot of cruising you've done! and second time on DCL through the PC... Must have been worth it!
What were some of the highlights of your previous PC cruise?

Have you booked flights from Seattle to Orlando yet? Alaska wants $699 per person one way!!! They are usually our "go to" as my DH is MVP with them. But we are flying Delta non stop for only $273 pp.

Haven't looked at getting home from San Diego yet.... those flights are easy and cheap, especially on SouthWest.

Marcy

Hello! This will be my 9th Disney cruise and second time doing the WBPC. I'm cruising with my husband. Our kids are adults and will not be able to join us. We live in CA, so I'm looking forward to the short flight home.

Anyone making plans for Costa Rica yet? I've never been so I'm not sure what to do/see? Any ideas? I'm really excited that we get to spend time on Castaway Cay and to go through the new locks!

Yay! Washington! We are in Ellensburg, but I am currently at work at Suncadia Resort.

Pretty happy it seems summer is finally here!

That's a lot of cruising you've done! and second time on DCL through the PC... Must have been worth it!
What were some of the highlights of your previous PC cruise?

Have you booked flights from Seattle to Orlando yet? Alaska wants $699 per person one way!!! They are usually our "go to" as my DH is MVP with them. But we are flying Delta non stop for only $273 pp.

Haven't looked at getting home from San Diego yet.... those flights are easy and cheap, especially on SouthWest.

Marcy

We booked a red eye on Alaska Air for around $375 we want to spend a day in Disney World before the cruise. We booked Alaska out of San Diego for about $190.

It may be hard to believe the last PC had 2 hurricanes and 1 tropical storm. We skipped all of the Mexican ports so we had 9 straight sea days. They went out of the way to keep us entertained. We also had great table mates we closed down the dining room every night just talking.

We booked a red eye on Alaska Air for around $375 we want to spend a day in Disney World before the cruise. We booked Alaska out of San Diego for about $190.

It may be hard to believe the last PC had 2 hurricanes and 1 tropical storm. We skipped all of the Mexican ports so we had 9 straight sea days. They went out of the way to keep us entertained. We also had great table mates we closed down the dining room every night just talking.
WOW! Sounds like it was an interesting cruise. I did the WBPC in 2016 and experienced very nice weather. Although, I love sea days, I really want to visit CC and hopefully Costa Rica. :-)

Peach from Atlanta here...retired from a large telecommunications company...

Cruised 11 times on 3 lines, this will be my 8th DCL cruise. I did the 2013 WBPC and met some people who have become close friends (our families have traveled together a few time since then). My sister and BIL will be coming along for their first canal crossing!

At this point I think I'll come down a couple of days early to hang out at Kennedy Space Center and add a few days at the end for Disneyland! Haven't looked at airfare or hotels yet tho....

IMG_0277.JPG
Hello! This will be my 9th Disney cruise and second time doing the WBPC. I'm cruising with my husband. Our kids are adults and will not be able to join us. We live in CA, so I'm looking forward to the short flight home.

Anyone making plans for Costa Rica yet? I've never been so I'm not sure what to do/see? Any ideas? I'm really excited that we get to spend time on Castaway Cay and to go through the new locks!

We just did a cruise with our adult children and my mother. We had a great time went to Honduras, Belize, and Mexico.
We haven't been to Costa Rica either. Looks like there are some great excursion according to trip adviser. Last time we went through the locks it just poured down rain. It was raining so hard they handed out ponchos to everyone.

Hello. Heather (45) and John (72) here. This will be my 11th cruise (YAY for Platinum Status) and John's 9th. John is retired from the aircraft industry and I am still working. Just hit my 28th year at the San Diego Zoo, in addition to owning my own pet sitting business. Our children are of the 4 legged variety (5 cats and 1 dog). This will be our first Panama Canal Cruise. and I am looking forward to it. In addition to John and I, our party will consist of my Mother, Judy and a good family friend, Cheri and the Hunter Family (Brandy, Ned and their daughter Valerie)

View attachment 248670

We just did a cruise with our adult children and my mother. We had a great time went to Honduras, Belize, and Mexico.
We haven't been to Costa Rica either. Looks like there are some great excursion according to trip adviser. Last time we went through the locks it just poured down rain. It was raining so hard they handed out ponchos to everyone.
Great picture! I wish my adult children could tag along- they are so much fun! Those pineapple drinks look great!

I have a hotel booked pre-cruise in Cocoa Beach for a couple of days, but I'm still toying with the idea of going to WDW instead using DVC points (which are high that week) or by staying at a Mod or the Swan or Dolphin. I'm not sure if I want to attempt the parks during Easter break though?!

Hello. Heather (45) and John (72) here. This will be my 11th cruise (YAY for Platinum Status) and John's 9th. John is retired from the aircraft industry and I am still working. Just hit my 28th year at the San Diego Zoo, in addition to owning my own pet sitting business. Our children are of the 4 legged variety (5 cats and 1 dog). This will be our first Panama Canal Cruise. and I am looking forward to it. In addition to John and I, our party will consist of my Mother, Judy and a good family friend, Cheri and the Hunter Family (Brandy, Ned and their daughter Valerie)

Would love to know what you do at the San Diego Zoo?!? That's been one of our go to destinations along with San Diego in general while the kids were growing up.
Sounds fun that you have Mom and friends traveling with you!

I have a hotel booked pre-cruise in Cocoa Beach for a couple of days, but I'm still toying with the idea of going to WDW instead using DVC points (which are high that week) or by staying at a Mod or the Swan or Dolphin. I'm not sure if I want to attempt the parks during Easter break though?!

We booked at Port Oleans Riverside. That way we can take the water taxi over to Disney Springs

Great picture! I wish my adult children could tag along- they are so much fun! Those pineapple drinks look great!

Those were the best Pina Colada ever. Hoping to have them again on this cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!