April Check-In **Official**

EmJ

DIS Veteran
The April 2020 check-in thread is live! If you would like to be listed in the OP, please post your dates and hotel below, and I will add you as I am able. If I miss you, it was not intentional. Just nudge me or post again.

I do my best, but am not super tuned in to breaking news from Disney. If anyone hears of any announcements, ride closures or re-openings, SWGE info, or other important information that could affect our April trips, please post for the good of the order. Happy vacation!

3/30-4/2 DharmaLou—Motel 6
4/1-4/3 April8986—Disneyland Hotel
4/1-4/4 ShazzySteph
4/2-4/6 Purplegal—GCH
4/3-4/7 gigi78—Tropicana Inn & Suites
4/5-4/8 Mickeyflower—Anaheim Maingate Inn
4/5-4/9 DaveNinja—Candy Cane Inn
4/5-4/11 Where'sPiglet—VGC
4/5-4/11 Squinty—GCH DVC
4/6-4/11 wench—VGC
4/8-4/12 Toniann966—BWPPI
4/8-4/13 kastoney—DLH
4/9-4/11 Woody74—Del Sol
4/11-4/17 DVCsince02 -- VGC
4/12-4/14 JJ2017—Springhill Suites
4/12-4/17 asharerin
4/12-4/19 Mama_Cass - GCH
4/12-4/21 beejai—Hyatt Regency
4/15-4/16 ironband74–Camelot
4/15-4/20 DisneyHusker—GCH
4/16-4/20 seesclubhouse—Best Western
4/17-4/20 BethB01 - DLH
4/17-4/25 accpro7—DLH
4/17-4/19 bethwc101 - GCH
4/18-4/21 Pamela M—Candy Cane Inn
4/18-4/21 DisneyDork1969
4/18-4/22 RainyDayPixie
4/18-4/22 coloredimage—Fairfield Inn
4/19-4/23 Katniss Mellark
4/19-4/25 FutureMrs.Incredible—Red Lion Anaheim
4/20-4/22 Katniss Mellark
4/20-4/24 Chy
4/20-4/25 Brittney Cornwell
4/23-4/27 califlorican—Hyatt Place Anaheim
4/24-4/25 Pamela M—Marriott Residence Inn Fullerton
4/25-5/3 sherilaine—Hojo & DLH
4/26-5/2 manicmonkey
4/27-5/1 Dr.Mrs.ScroogeMcDuck—GCH
4/29-5/2 idahosoxfan—Park Vue Inn
4/29-5/3 julesann—Grand Legacy
4/30-5/3 nikerbokers—Grand Californian

Last edited:
Please post any new or updated information, and I will add/correct.

The Good News:
New/special events:
The Bad News:
Ride and show refurbishments:
Monitoring:
  • Indiana Jones: Possible refurbishment?
  • Red Car Trolley: Possible reopening?
  • Grand California Spa: Possible opening
  • Dapper Days Cancellation Policy Update (3/11/20): In consultation with Disney, they have agreed to change the group rooms cancellation policy for this season, given the circumstances. All room reservations can now be canceled up to 5 days before the reservation’s check-in date. If the room is canceled at least 5 days before check-in, guests will receive their 1-night's room deposit back. You can modify your room reservation online here: https://book.passkey.com/event/49896804/owner/29100/home, calling Disney Group Reservations at 714-520-5005 or by emailing DLR.CONVENTION.GROUPS@DISNEY.COM Our website has also been updated with the following info: UPDATE Novel Coronavirus concerns: We're happening! Our Spring Expo will only be postponed or cancelled if required by government agencies, or the Disneyland Resort. As with any illness, for the safety of yourself and others, please stay home if you are feeling unwell. For info regarding how the Disneyland Resort is responding to the situation please see https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/coronavirus-response/
Useful Planning Resources:

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo hoo!

4/12-4/14 Springhill Suites
1st family trip-kids are 7 and 9
Will need a solid itinerary Bc we are only going for 1 park hopping day!
Really hope Indiana Jones and HM are open!

Thanks for starting this!

18-22 for us. Either GCH or ? We are a family of 5 (DH, DS-4, 12,14). Trying to decide if we squish into GCH for proximity to parks or if we chose a bigger hotel further away. Last time we stayed at courtyard Marriott and loved it, but the walk back started to feel a little far by the end of the trip. Would welcome advice!

4/8-4/14 staying at HOJO, myself and DD9. we loved experiencing Easter and Food & Wine last year and are hoping for another magical trip. Planning on upgrading 5day PH to AP’s while we’re there.

Thank you so much for doing this! It’ll be great to have a “home base” where we can share events and happenings in April as we learn of them.

we are coming for Dapper Day!

4/16-4/20 BWPPI
It’s definitely me and my 9 year old daughter (last time I can buy her a kids ticket 😭).
It’s a toss up if the third will be my husband or my mom (for her 75th birthday!).

I gotta figure out what I’m wearing soon! No heels, I can promise that! ;-)

Will be there 4/20 - 4/22! We are staying at the Best Western Park Place Mini Suites. We’ve never stayed there before. Anyone have any experience with this hotel? We usually stay next door at the Park Vue.

My husband and I go about once a year, but this time we’re taking my parents, who haven’t been there in awhile. Should be interesting!

Will be there 4/20 - 4/22! We are staying at the Best Western Park Place Mini Suites. We’ve never stayed there before. Anyone have any experience with this hotel? We usually stay next door at the Park Vue.

My husband and I go about once a year, but this time we’re taking my parents, who haven’t been there in awhile. Should be interesting!
Yes! It’s a great hotel, and especially better after the refurb to the rooms a few years ago.
Free breakfast but I can’t comment on it, we always eat in Disneyland but I’ve heard it’s improved from what it’s been in the past.

the location can NOT be beat!

We are booked there as well. It was a toss-up for me between Park Vue and BWPPI, based on proximity, good reviews from posters here, and included breakfast. We were originally booked at Park Vue, but changed to BWPPI when a better rate became available. This ended up being an especially good choice after Park Vue ended their hot breakfast (continental now only) a few weeks later. As near I can tell, this leave BWPPI as the only Harbor hotel offering an included hot breakfast.

Also, while not strictly Disney related, I had to say I love your screen name, lol. #teampeeta 😉

I believe that I added all posters to this point. If you responded before this post and I missed you, please reply to this post and I’ll get it corrected. I won’t be back on until the evening, since I have to go to work or whatever 😜

Yes! It’s a great hotel, and especially better after the refurb to the rooms a few years ago.
Free breakfast but I can’t comment on it, we always eat in Disneyland but I’ve heard it’s improved from what it’s been in the past.

the location can NOT be beat!

Thank you for the feedback! Free breakfast is better than no breakfast, so I won’t complain. The location is one of the main reasons we chose it. I feel like it’s even closer than Paradise Pier, we stayed there once & I feel like it wasn’t super close. Do you know if you can see any fireworks from the hotel?

We are booked there as well. It was a toss-up for me between Park Vue and BWPPI, based on proximity, good reviews from posters here, and included breakfast. We were originally booked at Park Vue, but changed to BWPPI when a better rate became available. This ended up being an especially good choice after Park Vue ended their hot breakfast (continental now only) a few weeks later. As near I can tell, this leave BWPPI as the only Harbor hotel offering an included hot breakfast.

Also, while not strictly Disney related, I had to say I love your screen name, lol. #teampeeta 😉

Oh I didn’t know Park Vue ended their hot breakfast. It wasn’t never great to begin with anyway, to be honest. I usually ended up eating cereal lol. So it’s all for the best we chose the BW. I was surprised it was cheaper than Park Vue. Would love to hear how you enjoyed your stay!

And thank you! I haven’t posted here in a long time, but apparently I created this account when Hunger Games was super popular lol. I heard they’re coming out with a prequel book so that’s exciting!

Reactions: EmJ
Thank you for the feedback! Free breakfast is better than no breakfast, so I won’t complain. The location is one of the main reasons we chose it. I feel like it’s even closer than Paradise Pier, we stayed there once & I feel like it wasn’t super close. Do you know if you can see any fireworks from the hotel?

You don’t just feel it! It is closer! The walk from the BWPPI (or the Park Vue) is 5 minutes...

the walk from paradise pier is at least 15...

proximity is everything!

You don’t just feel it! It is closer! The walk from the BWPPI (or the Park Vue) is 5 minutes...

the walk from paradise pier is at least 15...

proximity is everything!

I don't see the appeal in Paradise Pier. It's no closer than many of the offsite motels, but it far more expensive. Tiny pool. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for the nostalgia and pools and while it was very nice, even that was a bit of a walk.

Prob not the best board to "convince me." As of right now, we are going for 1 full day....the Monday after Easter. I am expecting large crowds. I am playing around with adding on a day and going on Easter, but it would be a later afternoon/evening visit since we will be with family in the general area that morning. I don't want to only get 1 park per day tix b/c then we'd be short changed. So it would be 2 day park hopper tickets and then Maxpass for both days seems enticing. Pros/Cons???? Or something I'm not thinking about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!