April Check-In **Official**

What is:

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland?
We'll be arriving mid/late morning, and probably head to DCA, but maybe get some lunch at the resort (GCH) first.

2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to?
This will sound silly, but I always look forward to the pomegranate lemonade they tend to have at the fountain drink stations. DL and WDW are about the only places I can ever find it. Our local Subway had it for a few months, but not anymore. Hopefully it hasn't disappeared at Disney since our last trip!

3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to?
Probably all of the new SW stuff, since we haven't seen any of it yet. Of the ones we do know, Guardians of the Galaxy at DCA is my favorite.

4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite?
Probably all of the coasters, in general. DH and DS love them, I tolerate them. LOL!

5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with?
You can probably make a sound guess from my screen name and profile pic, ha! Unfortunately, no one else in my family has any interest in characters, so character meals are out, as is standing in any long lines to meet them. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will work out somehow :)

Reactions: EmJ
Just booked our flights! SEA TO SNA for $128 each. Cheapest part of the trip. :P

What airline is this?! My r/t SNA flight, from another Washington State airport, are $550 round trip! :headache:

The cheapest I found was around $350 r/t, but those were that basic economy and crummy flight times.

that’s why we’re DL people and not DW. Can’t beat the airfare!

I have found the airfare to DL or WDW to be about the same. It's bizarre. :confused3

What airline is this?! My r/t SNA flight, from another Washington State airport, are $550 round trip! :headache:

Alaska Airlines. It was economy, but we got to choose our seats. I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $200RT (unless I book last minute). We fly out of SeaTac. My mom flies out of Tri-Cities and it is a lot more expensive. $550 is a lot, though!

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland? PIRATES
2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to? BEIGNETS
3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to? ROTR
4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite? SPLASH MOUNTAIN
5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with? MICKEY!

Reactions: EmJ
Alaska Airlines. It was economy, but we got to choose our seats. I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $200RT (unless I book last minute). We fly out of SeaTac. My mom flies out of Tri-Cities and it is a lot more expensive. $550 is a lot, though!

Alaska Airlines is my favorite! I love their direct SEA/MCO flight.

My home airport is PSC. As you know, my options are limited to Alaska, Delta, and United and you can only fly direct to a few places. I'm flying Delta this time - they were cheaper than Alaska for my dates.

It's still cheaper and quicker than driving to Spokane, Portland, or Seattle and paying for hotels and parking.

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland?: do my happy dance as I enter the park and "... Leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy".
2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to? Lobster Nachos.
3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to? the new GE ride
4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite? hmmm if it is my db it is GoG
5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with? Tinker Bell

Alaska Airlines is my favorite! I love their direct SEA/MCO flight.

My home airport is PSC. As you know, my options are limited to Alaska, Delta, and United and you can only fly direct to a few places. I'm flying Delta this time - they were cheaper than Alaska for my dates.

It's still cheaper and quicker than driving to Spokane, Portland, or Seattle and paying for hotels and parking.
Love the Tri! (Grew up there).

That’s an AMAZING PRICE!! Both my husband & I have Alaska cards and each get companion pass (once a year) for 99+tax. We used those on our 2 kids this trip & for family of 4 it cost us $1182.88 (Roughly 298.00 per person). But it’s from Spokane WA & peak of Spring break. 🤪✈️

So mad at myself for booking with JetBlue. Really want to change our dates from April to July or August. Walls up around Haunted Mansion, Snow White, Carrousel and all 3 down in April. Such a bummer but it will cost me $600 just to change our flights.

April is going to be an absolutle nightmare. ROTR crowds during spring vacation, with 3 (possibly 4) attractions closed at the same time. Lines are going to be ridiculous.
Are you sure Haunted Mansion is not down for the seasonal refurb? It will go down every year, this time of year to take down holiday decor and then reopen. Did you read it somewhere it is more than this? Hopefully not. 🤞🏼🧐
I just read this on mouse planet news letter
“ ..The Haunted Mansion closes Tuesday to remove the holiday overlay and for major refurbishment. Reopening date unknown, expected Spring 2020”

Attachments

• 7ABAAA49-FCDA-46E7-BD06-06F52F3DB28D.jpeg
    7ABAAA49-FCDA-46E7-BD06-06F52F3DB28D.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Are you sure Haunted Mansion is not down for the seasonal refurb? It will go down every year, this time of year to take down holiday decor and then reopen. Did you read it somewhere it is more than this? Hopefully not. 🤞🏼🧐
I just read this on mouse planet news letter
“ ..The Haunted Mansion closes Tuesday to remove the holiday overlay and for major refurbishment. Reopening date unknown, expected Spring 2020”

Yup, looks to be down likely until May. Same for the carousel. It will be closed until May as well. Really wish they had scheduled things differently. The 2 "haunted house" attractions at the park both closed at the same time, and Snow White will have walls in front of it as will the carousel. Besides leaving guests with a tight squeeze, it leaves a pretty big gap in Fantasyland for several months.

Yup, looks to be down likely until May. Same for the carousel. It will be closed until May as well. Really wish they had scheduled things differently. The 2 "haunted house" attractions at the park both closed at the same time, and Snow White will have walls in front of it as will the carousel. Besides leaving guests with a tight squeeze, it leaves a pretty big gap in Fantasyland for several months.
Where are you hearing/seeing Haunted Mansion will be closed until May? I've heard late March early April. Or are you saying May cause they haven't announced exactly when it will open?

Where are you hearing/seeing Haunted Mansion will be closed until May? I've heard late March early April. Or are you saying May cause they haven't announced exactly when it will open?

I forget where I read it. It was earlier this week and was really bummed about it. Of course, it could have been mistaken (I hope so anyways). Fingers crossed.

Fun! It looks like the 5-21 were actually 2019 dates, but I’d be willing to wager that the 2020 dates will be during the same weeks. Hopefully we will have 2020 information soon!
Haha yes typo lol

This is my first post on this board despite reading for years! We are making our 4th trip April 5-11, staying in DVC in GCH on rented points. It’ll be my husband, daughter (10), son (12), and me. We generally have 3 day tickets and go hard all day, but this time we got 5 day tickets and may take it easier.

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland? we arrive Sunday and aren’t planning a park day, so swimming if it’s warm enough. On Monday it’ll be all about getting a BG for ROTR!
2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to? lunch at Blue Bayou - I’m hoping we can sit right on the edge this time
3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to? I’m going to go with Pirates, since I’m trying to manage ROTR expectations
4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite? Mickey’s fun wheel at Pixar Pier. I hate it but my daughter absolutely loves it.
5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with? Haha, none. My daughter has a lifelong aversion to adults in costumes. She’s never even sat on Santa’s lap. We make a formation around her whenever a character is nearby :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!