April Check-In **Official**

I love the looks of them but just cant justify the price with all the money we are intending to spend when we are there (big star wars fans too so all the merch!)
If you're at all crafty, there are some great options to create things yourself that is fairly easy, and that can help you save some money.
My C3PO dress is a basic yellow dress from Amazon that I am painting and sewing. If I had the money I would DEFINITELY be buying one of those dresses though! They're awesome!

It's been quite a few years but I've worn dresses in the park. I wear dresses or skirts probably 80% of the time, but it's totally fine. I just wear thin shorts underneath for comfort and such.

And what fantastic pictures!
Thanks you just gave me and idea to cosplay as snow white. I have a blue shirt with sleeves similar to snow white. I just need to find a yellow skirt!

Thanks you just gave me and idea to cosplay as snow white. I have a blue shirt with sleeves similar to snow white. I just need to find a yellow skirt!

Oh awesome! That will be great. :-)

For what it's worth, I found a blue skirt (that I am adding an at-at design to, a la poodle skirt style) on amazon for like 8 dollars CAN. And several colors of crinoline for underneath. I'm sure you can find something yellow just as easily.

Hope that helps! And be sure to take lots of pictures!

Oh awesome! That will be great. :-)

For what it's worth, I found a blue skirt (that I am adding an at-at design to, a la poodle skirt style) on amazon for like 8 dollars CAN. And several colors of crinoline for underneath. I'm sure you can find something yellow just as easily.

Hope that helps! And be sure to take lots of pictures!
thanks - I actually found a yellow skirt with pockets for $30 at JCP. Loving the idea of having pockets!! Now I'll have to pay the $30+ for some snow white ears from Etsy. Makes me wonder why Disney hasn't made snow white ears. But $60 is way better than $128.

thanks - I actually found a yellow skirt with pockets for $30 at JCP. Loving the idea of having pockets!! Now I'll have to pay the $30+ for some snow white ears from Etsy. Makes me wonder why Disney hasn't made snow white ears. But $60 is way better than $128.

No kidding! On this trip I decided to learn to make my own ears...

Theoretically.

And yeah... pockets is always better! Sounds awesome! I'll have to keep my eye open for a Snow White in what you're describing!

Technically, most of my dates will be in May but I arrive in April! 4/30-5/3 at Grand Californian, staying on DVC points. I love that I am checking in for both April and May posts. My annual solo trip.

Disneyland and DCA you need at least 3 days and that is going at a commando pace. I’d say 4 days would be recommended so you can t

Pamela,
I would love to have 3 or 4 days but that isn't possible. What I'm asking is what days of the week are important? Are there certain events (like fireworks) that always happen only on weekends that I'll miss if I'm there during the week?
Anne

Last edited:
For those who will be doing Dapper Days and will be dressing up, here is the link to the DD FAQs on outfits/rules/costumes/etc.: http://dapperday.com/contact--faq. This is not a cosplay event. Disney Bounding is fine. And you do not have to wear anything Disney related at all. Just dress up!
For anyone confused about the difference between Disney Bounding and Cosplay, here is a very helpful video:

Thanks for the video! There are some great ideas on instagram and pinterest too. Love disneybounding and love vintage/dapper style, I am SO excited for this!

Okay, everyone should be added to this point! As always, if I missed you, please let me know.

In the meantime, let's play a game. For veterans this should be easy; for newbies (like us!), take your best guess.

What is:

1) The first thing you will do when you get to Disneyland? Find our brick outside of the gates. However, after we enter the gates, try to get ROTR BG!
2) The food, snack, treat, or beverage you're most looking forward to? Churro
3) The ride or attraction you are most looking forward to? Galaxy's Edge. After that, GOTG
4) The ride or attraction that isn't your favorite, but you'll go anyway because it's your traveling companion's favorite? Incredicoaster
5) The character you would be most excited to get a picture with? Hmm, this is hard one. I think my kids have aged out of character interaction, so I think we'll be more focused on attractions.

Is a Touring Plans subscription helpful for Disneyland? (not even sure if DLR is covered by Touring Plans). Thanks!
Some people use TP for DLR, but many people here do not feel it is necessary (and do not feel that it works all that well). You can find the information you need here on this board for free or on other blogs. DLR is much more relaxed and fluid in planning style than WDW.

I want to see pics of all these awesome bounds when you guys get your outfits together!
We won’t be there for Dapper Days, but we are going to Disneybound one day during our trip. We’re going back to the basics. The Boy will be inspired by Mickey, DH is Donald, and I’m Goofy. I just got the last piece of my outfit—a green hair bow in exactly the color of Goofy’s hat—and after a looooong search, found proper sneakers for my odd-footed child that have yellow highlights throughout. I can’t wait!

There is apparently a rumor that Soarin’ Over California will return February 28-April 21. Info is in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/soarin-over-cali.3755626/page-4

Since the rumor is unconfirmed, I am going to put this under “monitoring”, but I’d be really excited if it were true! Everyone says it’s so much better than the world version.
I know it's just a rumor but I hope it's true! We love the California version over the World version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!