APRIL WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

If I'm on track and doing what I need to do I weight everyday, even though they say you shouldn't. I know my weight will fluctuate so I don't stress, but I like to see where I am. When I'm not doing what I need to do I don't get on the scale at all, but I can feel a shift of even couple pounds in my body and the way my clothes fit.

Weekly Check-in: lose 5 pounds - nope: walk 100 miles - on track: 5 days a week drinking my greens - on track.

Yah, it's Friday! For me at least. And double bonus, my boss is taking the day off and its supposed to get in to the 80's today. I may or may not be sneaking out of the office a little early this afternoon. I have some housekeeping to do and I finally managed to snag a pedicure appointment, a lovely way to wrap up the evening. I think I'll head out around 8am in the morning, which should put me in Tacoma just after rush hour and at my Sister's just before lunchtime.

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend everyone!

My mood with the scale all depends on what it says. If I am doing good and losing it is great and I love the scale and I am in mostly a good mood. DD may always change that good mood the scale puts me in. It I am not doing good and gaining weight I feel down and defeated. No words of advise though.

I am eating good so far today. I had toast for breakfast and for lunch I am eating a 4 oz chicken breast, cooked carrots, broccoli and some rice. It is mostly broccoli and carrots through. I have only had water so far today as well. Small steps. Clean up food and then get to working out as I can.

Haha!! I feel like this question was aimed at me!

A long time ago I figured out that I do better with daily weigh ins. Like @Oneanne I know that I fluctuate and it does not bother me too much. I just what my trend is. I also tend to stop weighing myself when I am not doing so good, so that’s always a bad sign.

Haha!! I feel like this question was aimed at me!

A long time ago I figured out that I do better with daily weigh ins. Like @Oneanne I know that I fluctuate and it does not bother me too much. I just what my trend is. I also tend to stop weighing myself when I am not doing so good, so that’s always a bad sign.

This sounds like me. I was flinging when I weighed every day. I need to get back to that.

This is one question I can't answer! I keep changing my mind. Sometimes I feel I need to develop daily habits as it a bad sign if I skip it for week or two but sometimes I feel I haven't been eating very well but as I have been active the scale states differently. I am really not sure about it

I weigh myself only Saturday morning. Since we got the new scale though, I've been weighing myself at other times just to see what the scale does! I actually think it is better than the very old one we got rid of, but think it is still weighing about three pounds low. I rarely let it affect my mood. I'm so much more than a number. DH on the other hand! O.M.G. Every day. Drives me bonkers, and heaven forbid if that number is high!!! I tend to go by how my clothes are fitting. Tight is not good! :laughing: And I think all of that changes just based on where I am in my life. Now that the kids are grown, I have time to focus on me. Something I have never done to any extent. It has always been about someone else (but the family would says it's always about me--they never figure out that me is always we). I know I was never paying too much attention to weight--or at least in any way I was going to change it. I've always worked out (it keeps me sane!). What I put in my mouth has been another matter. It doesn't help at all that DH is such a chocoholic. So now I'm just trying to make the healthiest choice in the moment. Logging my food truly helps keep me in check!

I don't remember who recommended phit and pat but I just want to say love her! Listened to one of her podcast on my walk - she is cool

I don't remember who recommended phit and pat but I just want to say love her! Listened to one of her podcast on my walk - she is cool

Me! I'm not a tribe member (#pnpgroupie), but I really like her stuff about what goes on in my head.

I haven't switched over to the Hunger Scale, yet - I still count calories because it's working, but I'm working to be more mindful about how hungry I am and how satisfied I am. I also like that she's authentic -- she still has demons she fights daily, even after losing 100 pounds 13 years ago. And it gets my butt off the couch, because I can hear her in my ear yelling at me (LOL!).

I love her 24 hour plan! I feel I will be doing it for awhile. I am not sure about calories, as she did suggest journaling but for me mfp is easier. I estimate so much most of the time, it's like journal is me

Food prep day for me. I have sore shoulder for awhile so I will skip any yoga until it feels better or I could do something home if I feel like it like Les Mills bare workout or at least the begginer demo. I am delighted that I managed to managed to do my food shopping yesterday as well as visit my in laws and my son's swimming and few other things. I love my planning days now, and I haven't been able to do them for few weeks properly - feels like a treat.

I steamed some wholegrain rice, bought some roast chicken for salads and chopped up veggies - even my food prep is ahead of me.

Last edited:
Last day of the month! I am going to weight myself later and report. I will be honest, I am disappointed with my inconsistency. I don't know what got to me! I am having sleeping issues and it became clear that not sleeping well and I need to deal with it and will make appointment with the doctors today.

I will report results later or tomorrow morning. Thanks to @lovesmurfs for the awesome questions, support and tips :)

I am going to do my results of the months tomorrow. Especially because while the scale was wonderful yesterday, this morning it moved up for more than two pounds... So, hopefully tomorrow is a better day!

@lovesmurfs Thank you so much for the wonderful thread in April, I am looking forward to May! Congratulations on your weight loss! 7 pounds is still quite a lot!

Thanks, lovesmurfs for April. Can't wait for May. I'll pop over soon. So I did log every day, but I did not make my steps every day. Saturday I was sick and only got 1,000 steps in! Haven't done the average for the month as there are still several hours left in my day! I think it just keeps getting higher and higher for steps. yay me

Good job to everybody who stepped on the scale and saw positive change. And good job to those of us who didn't necessarily see change in number, but change in clothes and change in attitude!

April results:
Calorie deficit: 20131 kcal
Weight lost: 0.8 kg (1.8 pounds)
Km run: 53.2 km (33 Miles)
Days I biked to work: 12

All in all I am very happy with my effort, not so happy with my results. But since the result can only be changed by effort and there I am happy, I guess I will just have to accept the results.

Thanks for hosting April @lovesmurfs - I didn;t get here as often as I should -partly because work is really busy and at night I am tired and going to bed earlier than usual after a little tv time and partly because I struggled to be hitting my goals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter