APRIL WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

I am not sure where is this going but right now I am kind of skipping breakfast @Flossbolna! I have brunch at 11. That's only 2 days, but I know you are doing IF and felt like sharing it

I am just not that hungry in the morning and I enjoy the extra calories for my other meals but lets see how long it lasts

I am not sure where is this going but right now I am kind of skipping breakfast @Flossbolna! I have brunch at 11. That's only 2 days, but I know you are doing IF and felt like sharing it

I am just not that hungry in the morning and I enjoy the extra calories for my other meals but lets see how long it lasts

I’ve been doing this for the last 2 days too and I’m finding it helps my day calorie wise. Like you I’m going to see how I feel in a few days time but so far so good :)

It was not a great day yesterday. I didn't get any of my workouts in. I was just so exhausted from dealing with the kids yesterday. They were in rare form so by the time they went to bed I was just done and decided to eat some left over ice cream cake and called it a day. The weather is starting to look up. We will be at 73 by Friday. We are in the 20's this morning. I am so ready for the nicer weather.

Gooooood morning, WISHers!!!

Topic Tuesday! What's your favorite "joy" food? How do you plan for this food in your weight loss journey?

I have two: Pizza and scotch. Pizza I plan a minimum of 24 hours in advance. I have a low-calorie pizza that I like from Papa Johns which seems to scratch the itch. Scotch is more how I feel in the evening -- I like to drink it while reading in my cozy chair. But before deciding whether to have it, I look at how many "red" calories I consumed during the day, and how many I have left. If there's room, I'll enjoy a shot.

Pizza is one of them for sure. Sometimes I make them on potatoe base called boxty (it's Irish thing) and sometimes on egg white omelette base but other times I just want the real thing. Everything in moderation - when I wan the real thing I have half plate with pizza half with salad. I like pasta too but I find it easy to work within my calories and it's not big deal

I like ice cream and make myself nice creams often. The latest favorite is from Gordon Ramsay fit food book - coconut mik, pineapple, lime, lime zest and maple syrup as iced lolly. I like it a lot! Other ice cream is viewed as sometimes food - I don't have it as often as I would go for pizza.

I also love watermelon and always think of sunshine, sweet and cool in the heat, happiness. not all my joy foods are high calorie.

I never met anyone who drinks scotch, is this strange considering I live in Ireland? I don't have friend who drinks whiskey either - a lot of gin, wine, beers. I like glass of prosecco but I don't need to worry about it as I have it once in few months.

i was very black and white at the start of my weight loss journey but not anymore. Life is too short to stop enjoying pizza ice cream or glass of bubbly! It's like money budgeting - sometimes I splash out on pretty dress I don't need just because I can afford it. same with treat foods - why not?

Ugh. Massive migraine today... Which caused me to eat breakfast in order to not take my painkillers on an empty stomach. But that's ok. Everything I read about intermittent fasting says that it is fine to have a day now and then that goes off schedule. Interesting that two of you are trying it out now as well! I feel like I am really doing well with it. I still have days when it works better than others. Yesterday was really difficult, but I also know that when a migraine starts, I am just hungry like crazy. I need to look out for that as a starting sign for an upcoming migraine in the future!

Tuesday question:
I think one of my issues is that I do not think very much about "joy" food. But then give in to temptation too easily. Maybe I need to really think about which treats I want and then plan them like one for every week. Instead of doing it the other way around... Good question, really gave me something to think about.

Joy food... Iced Chai drink for sure, I'm having my morning constitutional right now. And ice cream... any flavor with chunky chewy bits in it like Mint Chocolate Chip or Cherry Garcia. At WDW it's a Dole Whip, usually the rummed up version, but interestingly enough I rarely have more than one a trip.

Yesterday was a much better day. The weather was not wet and the temp got up to somewhere around the 60's. By the end of the day I was wiped out and didn't get off the bus early to get my steps in, but when I got home I committed to mowing the lawn and I'm so glad I did. My yard went from looking like the most unkempt to looking like the best, because no one else around me has mowed recently. Plus being outside for that period of time just felt good. I even made myself get in to the car and drive to the pet store to get flea drops for the cats, which I had forgotten to do over the weekend. They were not happy about this, but at least its done and another thing checked off the list. I slept very well last night, so I'm feeling more on-track today. It's raining again today, but not as stormy so there's that.

joy food would probably be chinese food. I used to have it once or twice a week as a takeout but now I find the takeouts too heavy so instead I treat myself every 2/3 months to a restaurant chinese lunch with either my husband or daughter (or both). The food is fresher and lighter than the takeout and the portions are smaller but still large enough to feel sated plus it means I don't need to cook dinner that night as I'm usually still satisfied from lunch :)

Ugh. Massive migraine today... Which caused me to eat breakfast in order to not take my painkillers on an empty stomach. But that's ok. Everything I read about intermittent fasting says that it is fine to have a day now and then that goes off schedule. Interesting that two of you are trying it out now as well! I feel like I am really doing well with it. I still have days when it works better than others. Yesterday was really difficult, but I also know that when a migraine starts, I am just hungry like crazy. I need to look out for that as a starting sign for an upcoming migraine in the future!

Tuesday question:
I think one of my issues is that I do not think very much about "joy" food. But then give in to temptation too easily. Maybe I need to really think about which treats I want and then plan them like one for every week. Instead of doing it the other way around... Good question, really gave me something to think about.

I'm really intrigued by this intermittent fasting, so read a couple things on it. I don't think I could go until 10-11am to eat in the morning, so to get 16 hours of fasting in I would have to stop eating around 3pm in the afternoon... that would mean a large lunch every day. I also read that you can consume something during the fasting period, and that as long as it stays below 50 calories your body will stay in fasting mode. I haven't been putting any dairy or nuts in my smoothies, which are the things that tend to have the highest calories, so I think I could do some minor tweaks and come up with an evening smoothie that is under 50 calories. I guess its just a matter of training your mind and body to a new routine.

Oneanne I find I'm so busy in the mornings lately that I'm ok until I slow down around 10.30-11am. Not sure how I'll find it on Sunday when life gets off to a slower start for me :confused3
@luvpoohandcompany I'm actually the opposite... on the weekends I often forget to eat until lunchtime but on work days I have the ritual of getting breakfast on the way to the office and then spending the first 10 or so minutes at my desk eating and having my quiet time, so that would be hard to give up. But doing intermittent fasting on the weekends would actually be easy... hmmm....

I was over my calories only 1 day this month. Week one was bit up and down - one day over 1000 deficit another day 200 but over all average is on target. This week I have been killing it with over 800 calories deficit. Considering it's my hungry week of the month, I am impressed by my effort but honestly - I am looking for pay off on the scale! I want to see result. I will check Friday or Saturday and report back.

Woohoo Wednesday!!

I biked to work again! I am trying to make a habit out of it. I can tell that it is more challenging exercise than walking and it is quicker. I think freeing myself from relying on steps is a good thing in my approach to fitness and buring calories! I still like walking and I am sure I am going to do quite a bit of walking still (rainy days, into town as that includes going over one massive hill and most of the inner city is a pedestrian area anyway, so the bike is of no use). Very excited about changing up things!

Not so woohoo: my migraine is still going on. I did not get enough sleep because the headache woke me up once the ibuprofen wore off. And I spent too much time yesterday evening binge watching The Crown (season 2). Such a great series! Need to watch it again with my husband when he is back! BUT the good news is that I managed to not overeat yesterday!! Usually mirgraine days are the days when I am hungry all day and just want to eat for comfort. I did have a "comfort dinner" of pasta with tomato sauce. But I measured the portion of pasta I made and the tomato sauce was mainly just a little olive oil, tomato paste and a can of tomatoes with spices. It nearly was more thick tomato soup with pasta... But it was tasty, it helped with my craving for pasta and I forced myself to not go back to the kitchen for a snack after dinner. I find that my intermittent fasting really helps with keeping me out of the kitchen after dinner. I am sure it is just the novelty of it at the moment, but having set eating and non-eating time periods in my mind really helps me.

@Oneanne Some of the stuff I read about IF says that you will already get some benefits from not eating for at least 12 hours. You could always start out with that and work yourself up to 16 hours. Also, if you say that you often don't eat in the mornings on weekends, are you sure you need food in the morning physically? It sounds more like a metal thing that you need to fortify yourself for the workday? Maybe it is worth a try even though you think you could not do it? Pack a snack and see how long you can hold off having that snack in the morning...

Yesterday was rough. I ate crappy snack food a lot yesterday. I am not so woohooy today. I weighed myself and I gained 5 pounds since the beginning of March. I am not so happy about this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter