APRIL WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

Sorry to hear that you are struggling! Hope you will be able to get back on track soon and hopefully your stress at home will decrease!

Thank you! The stress has been better and i feel things are back on track with that. We are just so busy with soccer for both kids, horse back riding for DD and karate for DS. Then April we throw in a birthday as well. DS turned 12 last Saturday. So we had a party for his friends and next week will be the one with the family. This month is just so busy. I think May will be too then in June it will be nice because school will be out for the summer and soccer will be over, however baseball for DS will take its place but it always seems better with Baseball.

I will get back on track with losing weight. I just need to buckle down on my food and find some other creative ways to get a workout in. Yesterday I tried to get some extra walking in while at work and that helped. I did get to 8,000 steps. Once if finally warms up and Mother Nature decides that it should be spring I will walk to the office from my car. It is just too cold in the morning right now. I walk to my car in the afternoon though.

woohoowednesday.jpg

Woo Hoo Wednesday!!! Share your successes! These can be health, weight, and life!

I hit 80.8 pounds lost when I weighed yesterday. And my "back-of-the-closet" skinny clothes are officially too big for me! Woo Hoo!

Woohoo Wednesday!!

@Oneanne Some of the stuff I read about IF says that you will already get some benefits from not eating for at least 12 hours. You could always start out with that and work yourself up to 16 hours. Also, if you say that you often don't eat in the mornings on weekends, are you sure you need food in the morning physically? It sounds more like a metal thing that you need to fortify yourself for the workday? Maybe it is worth a try even though you think you could not do it? Pack a snack and see how long you can hold off having that snack in the morning...

@Flossbolna You are right on... my breakfast ritual for work days is mentally/emotionally driven and how I settle into my day. But I also notice that on the weekend my energy level is impacted from eating so late. I like the idea of working up to 16 hours... I'm already at 12 hours most days because I rarely eat after 7pm, so I can make it no eating after 6pm and wait until 8am to start my breakfast, that would put me at 14 hours.

"Woohoo", she said not very enthusiastically.

Yesterday the crappy morning weather burned off and the afternoon turned out beautifully. When I got home I aerated part of the lawn, so that was a positive. I should have the upper part done tonight, then it's on to the parking strip, which is the biggest part but also flat so it should go quickly. My goal is to able to put down weed and moss killer + grass seed this weekend, to start getting things turned around.

I've been getting my minimum 8000 steps in, but do need to go over to make up for the shortage from Sunday.

My cats have forgiven me for the flea drops... forgiven or forgotten, sometimes its hard to tell, either way they like me again.

Several weeks ago I put up a suet bird feeder because my SIS used to have one and with her gone wanted to make sure the birdies had a place to eat. The Squirrels have been getting in to it, so last night I moved it to right by the front window where it'll be harder for them to get into, and now it makes perfect kitty TV... they are both fascinated by the activity. Heck, I love watching them as well.

Last edited:
@Flossbolna You are right on... my breakfast ritual for work days is mentally/emotionally driven and how I settle into my day. But I also notice that on the weekend my energy level is impacted from eating so late. I like the idea of working up to 16 hours... I'm already at 12 hours most days because I rarely eat after 7pm, so I can make it no eating after 6pm and wait until 8am to start my breakfast, that would put me at 14 hours.

I had breakfast in work today. Honestly if I am really hungry I would just eat! I only skipped breakfast few days as I was not remotely hungry. Today I didn't feel hungry at dinner time and had smoothie bowl instead of dinner. Will see how I feel tomorrow morning.

I've been pretty busy lately-- but it's been good busy. I have at least been reading along the past few days though to keep up.

Yesterday's question was great! It really got me thinking about what are joy foods and how they have changed or not changed in some cases. I used to think buffalo wings were joy food, but they have definitely come down the ranks. In fact, a lot of the greasy stuff has fell from favor, but there are the solid ones that are sticking around. Mainly the sweets. Cookies, cookies, cookies LOL! I love all sweets but cookies are my favorite. I don't quite trust myself with them though, so I only plan for them around Christmas. Instead, I have Halo Top ice cream on hand all the time to dig into when I crave something sweet. I don't particularly plan for it, but I do make sure I don't eat the whole pint! A serving size when I really want it has proven to be sufficient.

I have a boohoo of a woohoo today. The boohoo is that I am having to start a low sodium diet, but it's a woohoo because I am starting the process of getting off a medication I've been on (fingers crossed that one more test comes back ok to give me full clearance to come off of it). So of course that's a real deal NSV for me-- getting my weight and diet under control has made such a good impact on my health! Just a little peeved that I have one more thing to track now.... I hate tracking Haha! But I will adjust my attitude on it since it's for the greater good. I would much rather track than be on unnecessary meds! And I know it's better for my health overall to be watching the sodium anyway. So yay for that!

@Oneanne I am the same as you with the morning settle in/eat and start my day thing. I am trying to wait for the hunger cues-- sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't... especially if it's a tasty breakfast I am excited for. Then there is definitely a lower success rate to waiting Haha!

Good Morning everyone!

I am feeling very proud of myself: I finally went for a morning run again!! Ran half an hour. Felt great. Did not have breakfast before or after. Was listening to my body if it told me that it needed something, but really just my coffee and water was fine. Yes, I am looking forward to lunch at 10am, but I always have an early lunch, so it's not too far away. And I am not feeling really hungry either, just realising that I am looking forward to food. Will be interesting to see how this works out as a regular routine. After my run I also biked to work! I had to get off the bike at the one steep hill that I usually bike up because my legs just did not have the power after the run. So, this will be the next thing to train for: Run and then bike up that hill!

My scale still hates me despite doing very well with my calorie deficit. But I seem to have large quantities of water stored. Not sure why. The strange thing is that supposedly according to my scale, I have less fat total on me now than in December despite weighing quite a bit more. I am just going to continue what I am doing right now and hope that results will become visible soon!

Yesterday's question was great! It really got me thinking about what are joy foods and how they have changed or not changed in some cases. I used to think buffalo wings were joy food, but they have definitely come down the ranks. In fact, a lot of the greasy stuff has fell from favor, but there are the solid ones that are sticking around.

I have noticed that certain foods that I used to love are just not that anymore. Somehow a lot of highly processed foods taste so flat to me. I am especially realising how often sweet things are just that: sweet.

I have a boohoo of a woohoo today. The boohoo is that I am having to start a low sodium diet, but it's a woohoo because I am starting the process of getting off a medication I've been on (fingers crossed that one more test comes back ok to give me full clearance to come off of it). So of course that's a real deal NSV for me-- getting my weight and diet under control has made such a good impact on my health! Just a little peeved that I have one more thing to track now.... I hate tracking Haha! But I will adjust my attitude on it since it's for the greater good. I would much rather track than be on unnecessary meds! And I know it's better for my health overall to be watching the sodium anyway. So yay for that!

Sorry for the additional thing that you have to track, but it sounds like a massive health victory! So, I think it is a great woohoo!

Good morning, everyone! Topic Thursday (well, "Friday Eve"!)

How do weekends affect your weight loss goals?

For me, the structure of the workweek helps keep me on plan and meet my goals. Keeping the weekend from being a "free-for-all" has required me to put structure in it and plan ahead. I try to meet my step goal as soon as possible on Saturday morning (walking in the neighborhood or going to the Rec Center). I keep my breakfasts the same as during the week, and work to journal everything throughout the weekend. I also record my weight on Friday morning and on Monday morning -- helps keep me tethered and accountable.

The weekend can go either way for me. Some weekends I don't eat until noon and just don't eat much all day. Losing the structure of the week I lose the structure of meals and just forget to eat. Other days I will eat all day. Really depends on what is going on. As for workouts they just don't happen much because of running around and getting cleaning done.

@lovesmurfs I like "Friday Eve" - have never heard it, but it's great!

QOTD:
I can make weekends really positive, but sometimes I struggle. I think depending on my mood, stress level and other things going on. I think between @lovesmurfs and @piglet1979 all my possible weekend are already covered!
One thing I like about weekends is that it gives me time to cook something healthy and good and don't have to worry about it being quick to do after work. And I like to prep things for the week. This past weekend I prepared several small veggie portions to take to work with me and it was great to just grab something from the fridge and throw it in my bag in the morning.
Now with the weather improving, I hope that we will get out for some nice hikes in the area on the weekends and that will add some more activity to my week!

My weekends are a disaster! I take my mum, who has Alzheimer's disease, out to get her hair done on a saturday and then out for a drive and lunch. She likes me to eat the same thing as her as she has lost the ability to know when to cut food up/use cutlery or if it's ok to use her hands and so she copies what I do, so as you can imagine it's not always easy to persuade her to go the healthy route and I don't have the heart to make it more difficult for her to enjoy our lunch out. Also depending on how stressful the outing is I can be in dire need of a glass of wine come evening though I am at least trying to go for a walk first if I have the energy but sometimes I simply dont! Not an excuse really but it is what it is and I need to plan for it given that it's a regular thing. I have mum Tuedays and Thursdays too but somehow it's the Saturday that derails me. Open to any suggestions -salads are a no go as mum just turns her nose up. Bit like a 2year old in dining tastes.

My weekends are a disaster! I take my mum, who has Alzheimer's disease, out to get her hair done on a saturday and then out for a drive and lunch. She likes me to eat the same thing as her as she has lost the ability to know when to cut food up/use cutlery or if it's ok to use her hands and so she copies what I do, so as you can imagine it's not always easy to persuade her to go the healthy route and I don't have the heart to make it more difficult for her to enjoy our lunch out. Also depending on how stressful the outing is I can be in dire need of a glass of wine come evening though I am at least trying to go for a walk first if I have the energy but sometimes I simply dont! Not an excuse really but it is what it is and I need to plan for it given that it's a regular thing. I have mum Tuedays and Thursdays too but somehow it's the Saturday that derails me. Open to any suggestions -salads are a no go as mum just turns her nose up. Bit like a 2year old in dining tastes.

I don't have any suggestions for you other then enjoy your time. One day off is not horrible. My grandma has Alzheimer's too and it has been rough on all of us. My mom is one of 5 kids and there are 13 grad kids and a slew of great grandkids. She has had it a very long time. She was diagnosis early so they were able to get her on meds to delay it. She is now in that last stage and has been for a few years. Her body is very healthy but her mind it not.

The weekends can go either way for me as well. As mentioned I rarely eat breakfast and then usually go out to lunch - both days. I think evenings, during the week and weekend, are probably the times I go off track and start munching on stuff or grabbing for sweets. I keep thinking I'm going to go for a weekend walk and be active but more often than not weekends are pretty sedentary. I need to make myself get out for an early walk each day, so the time doesn't slip away.

I have this personal rule, that if I hear something two or more times in a short period of time, particularly from unrelated sources, it is something I really need to pay attention to. Lately eating "plant based" keeps coming up, so it is something I feel like I need to look in to. In some respects it's daunting to think about that type of eating program because it requires intention, planning and commitment - all things I rarely succeed at. I can, and often do, go without animal protein, but from what I'm seeing you also eliminate animal by-products like dairy, by by milk or cheese. One IG friend posted yesterday about making her own hemp based "milk"... yikes, I can barely get my veggies in to the blender on a regular basis. But I do know it is something I need to explore - has anyone else tried it?

edited to add: just read an article on plant-based which included the quote "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." I think I can do that!

Last edited:
I don't have any suggestions for you other then enjoy your time. One day off is not horrible. My grandma has Alzheimer's too and it has been rough on all of us. My mom is one of 5 kids and there are 13 grad kids and a slew of great grandkids. She has had it a very long time. She was diagnosis early so they were able to get her on meds to delay it. She is now in that last stage and has been for a few years. Her body is very healthy but her mind it not.

Thanks piglet. It's a hideous blimin disease. I once heard it described as "the long goodbye" and that's exactly what it feels like. My mum is also physically strong but this woman who was an amazing homecook and so fussy about her appearance and table manners has now lost the ability to wash unaided or even fetch herself a glass of water as there are simply too many things to process in order to do these things successfully. Her consultant did say that to improve our chances of a healthy brain in old age we should eat for a healthy heart now and follow a Mediterranean style diet so there's another reason for us all to aim for healthy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter