Are all off MCO car rental companies dishonest?

I've never had any issues with rental cars. We usually rent when we visit our kids (Alaska and Utah) and occasionally have rented in Orlando. We do everything online so we can skip the desk. Never any issues, never any strange charges.

The last time we rented in Orlando we rented at the end of our split Disney/beach trip. We did everything online, the shuttle picked us up from our resort and took us to the Car Care Center. We returned the car to MCO at the end of our trip. Once again totally flawless. Priced as quoted.

Sorry the OP has had so many issues.

Maybe try to avoid 3rd party?

I always book things directly through the companies, be it airfare or rental cars. There is no additional saving going through a 3rd party now because most companies will match the price. It is always better to deal directly with the company, IMO. That being said, a person does need to do their homework when it comes to this type of thing. Read all of the fine print, verify prices, hours, etc. I have been renting cars for over 2 decades and have not had any of the issues that the OP posted. My insurance, coupled with my CC cover any damage and I have never been told that I HAVE to buy their insurance. I prefer to use Hertz. They may be a bit pricier, but I have always been treated fairly and have never been scammed by them. I do cover my behind by taking pictures of the car at pickup and drop off and by having the person that checks the car back in to sign the receipt stating that there is no damage. So they can not go back and say that there was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter