Are G-String Thongs Appropriate Swimwear at Disney Pools and water parks?

Coach9393

Earning My Ears
Call me old fashioned, but are G-String Thongs appropriate swimwear at anything Disney?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The flight was great!!!! The great thing about a red eye is that I was too tired to be nervous about flying... Now the way home was a different story!!!

Are there people actually wearing G-strings and thongs at Disney pools and/or water parks?

I thought they were prohibited.

Are there people actually wearing G-strings and thongs at Disney pools and/or water parks?

I thought they were prohibited.

They were alive and well at the waterparks when we went in April/May :scared1: It was unbelievable what some women squeezed their cellulite into or let all hang out! Don't they look in a mirror?:confused3

Ugh, I wish some people had a little more class, Why do they think anyone wants to see that??

I guess it depends on the individual wearing it! Joking aside, I would rather not have my children asking me why a woman's butt is exposed in public.

Sorry to dredge this topic out of the mud, but it's definitely a cultural thing, too. Since a lot of people who go to Disney are tourists, I can imagine that what they think is "class" or of "taste" when it comes to swimwear is completely different than what we imagine it would be. I just remember having a friend from Brazil tell me that everyone in Brazil wears them no matter what, especially if they've got a great body for it.

To each their own, I guess.

Many years ago at River Country an entire family (European) decided ti change in the open when they arrived. No one said anything and it took them about 10 minutes. My son was very interested. Of course he was about 24 at the time.

frankly the lack of clothing on teenage or preteen American girls is shocking and American parents let them get away with it. A six year old in a bikini? A 14 year old in short short shorts that barely cover their crotch and low cut belly baring tops? Come on moms...what are you thinking? And then we want to complain about a woman, often European, in a thong? At least she is an adult.

Many years ago at River Country an entire family (European) decided ti change in the open when they arrived. No one said anything and it took them about 10 minutes. My son was very interested. Of course he was about 24 at the time.

Saw this also. Twice they were asked to dress up but it went in one ear and out the other. They changed twice. We were right next to them. We are not used to this here. We try to adjust to their customs when we go abroad, so they should try to adjust to ours (or at least know about them). They could have used towels and acted like they were trying to cover up.

Talking about G string - there was a young lady in the adult area who had a G string on - guess which direction everyone was looking at. I don't care what they wear or don't wear - just need to be in the appropriate setting. (We have seen naked and topless in the right places - don't even give it a second thought).

it might not always a pretty sight, but I wouldn't mind, and If my kids ask I'll tell them the truth, is just a butt and everyone have one, we should teach kids to not judge and move on, now will I let my daughter go to a family water park on a thong? no I wouldn't, I would teach her better, and hope those lessons stick with her once I have no control on her wardrobe.

Here in Hawaii most girls wear what we call "Brazillian Bikinis" and I only own those type of bottoms. But when I went to Disney & We swam at the computer pool at POP, I wore surf shorts over my bottoms... I think there is a place and a time to wear them....
But also I believe that if people feel comfy in them and want to wear them more power to that woman! Just my 2cents :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!