Are limited departures a sign the trip will be discontinued?

emilymad

DIS Veteran
We have been discussing doing the Seine river cruise for a few years. There are only two sailings this year but the dates aren't great for us so we didn't book. I am debating trying to rearrange our schedule to get on one of the sailings in case the trip isn't offered next year. Is this a sign the trip won't be offered in the future or a side effect of the Paris Olympics?

In my opinion, it's probably not a *good* sign. But boy, that's really hard to say without having previous years' schedules. It's possible that they may have had solid interest in the couple of dates they scheduled, but not much for other dates, so they scheduled the ones they had interest in. If only those couple of dates were consistently offered the last couple of years post-COVID, I'd say chances were good they'd keep doing that. But if they had several dates last year, and only 2 dates this year, it could be a sign that interest is waning, and it might go away. It also might be because AMAWaterways just doesn't have a ship on the Seine for that long. Or maybe they might have anticipated less interest due to the Olympics. There are a LOT of reasons. And calling ABD is not necessarily going to get you an answer to that question. (But you never know -- it might!) Honestly, if you REALLY want to do the Seine, I'd advise to do it while you can, because you never really know with some of these less-popular itineraries, when they may be pulled.

Sayhello

Are other tour groups with comparable trips offering the same limited dates? If so, I would think no issues. If other groups have a lot more dates offered, I would be concerned. Siene isn't a tour we've actively been following to try, so can't say.

Specifically for the Seine, I can’t help but think it is because of the Olympics. Likely higher hotel rates, so many more people around, many of those Olympics guests possibly adding trips to other France locations around their Olympics travels. Would Disney be able to deliver the same adventure experience people expect under those conditions ? Having been in Normandy for D—Day 75th anniversary,while very special it was a zoo and so overcrowded that we couldn’t get to everything or spend as much time in some places.

Edit to add - I am checking the AMA website and they are not offering sailings that include Paris and Normandy for a month around the dates of the Olympics.

Also, Paris will be using The Seine for both their opening ceremonies and some swimming events,

Last edited:

Specifically for the Seine, I can’t help but think it is because of the Olympics. Likely higher hotel rates, so many more people around, many of those Olympics guests possibly adding trips to other France locations around their Olympics travels. Would Disney be able to deliver the same adventure experience people expect under those conditions ? Having been in Normandy for D—Day 75th anniversary,while very special it was a zoo and so overcrowded that we couldn’t get to everything or spend as much time in some places.

Edit to add - I am checking the AMA website and they are not offering sailings that include Paris and Normandy for a month around the dates of the Olympics.

Also, Paris will be using The Seine for both their opening ceremonies and some swimming events,

This makes me feel much better. ABD had 6-8 dates last year. Only one date of the two is not sold out this year and we have some work conflict so it would be really tough to swing it. I feel like the Seine is the least popular of the river cruises so I guess with ABD you never know.

We have been discussing doing the Seine river cruise for a few years. There are only two sailings this year but the dates aren't great for us so we didn't book. I am debating trying to rearrange our schedule to get on one of the sailings in case the trip isn't offered next year. Is this a sign the trip won't be offered in the future or a side effect of the Paris Olympics?
The 2025 River cruise departures are up and there two for the Seine, June and September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter