Are MNSSHP Tickets Refundable?

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
DH and I are planning a trip to the world this October and our trip is centered around Halloween and MNSSHP. However, due to circumstances beyond our control (job stuff), we may not be able to go. I want to get my tickets for MNSSHP for Halloween Night well in advance to make sure we get them before they sell out, but can I get my money back if we can't go??
Thanks
Nicole

Halloween night does not sellout until about a month or so before, so I would give it more time. There's no need to rush when they go in sale in the spring. Will you know by August?

Originally posted by Deb & Bill
Technically, no.

Are there reasons that would make them do it? We are planning to go also and was wondering what happens if it rains out? I would hate not to be able to go because of weather (especially when the tickets are prepaid) and then not be able to go another night because they are sold out.

We had this happen to us. We were there for Halloween 1997...the weather was unbelievable---rain, rain, rain, and the thunder and lightning that picked up around 3pm was CRAZY!! We left the park for safety reasons, and ditched the party, even though we (7 of us) had tickets to the party.
We called disney ticketing, they told us they would not be refunding any money for bad weather, but they also offered us an address, I cleverly wrote a letter to Mickey and Minnie, apologizing for missing their party, realizing we RSVP'd and all, but because mom and dad felt the weather was just too dangerous for us to attend....blah blah blah, pass the kleenex.....you get the picture. Asked for the refund, enclosed the tickets, wished them well, and looked forward to being invited next time we came to see them! We got the refund for all the tickets.....I guess its all in how you approach it.
We are finally going to the party this year.....praying for good weather.....
:wave2:

As far as I know, they will not refund if YOUR plans change but they have refunded in the past if its rained out or they will give you tickets for a later (in the week) party.

I wouldn't buy them until your plans are firm.

I suspect that if they are for Halloween night itself that you would have NO TROUBLE AT ALL in selling them should you not be able to go.

I had tickets for last year and had to cancel our trip 3 months out and was able to sell them at cost her on the DIS. That maybe an option for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter