Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

Gawsh, I haven't been to Disney Springs since, well, ever. (Even though I could see if from my room at SSR in October) My last trip to DTD was 2013.

I have only seen raves for Homecomin' I know it is probably sacrilege, but I wonder if you can get unsweetened tea there- that's what I prefer.

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. It looks super!

And you know I love the excursion you made afterwards. The chocolate Easter display is awesome!

:goodvibes

I single rider'd this one.

img_3336jpg-jpg.315791

I had this poster when Mark and I went on RnR on the night we were wearing our anniversary buttons. I thought it was odd that it had my name and not his because I thought somehow they were referencing that milestone. But I guess everyone gets the Love is Forever tour! I thought that the woman behind me had a birthday message, though that freaked her out.

Last edited:
Gawsh, I haven't been to Disney Springs since, well, ever. (Even though I could see if from my room at SSR in October) My last trip to DTD was 2013.

I have only seen raves for Homecomin' I know it is probably sacrilege, but I wonder if you can get unsweetened tea there- that's what I prefer.

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. It looks super!

And you know I love the excursion you made afterwards. The chocolate Easter display is awesome!

:goodvibes
I definitely recommend going to Disney Springs! It’s a must do for me right now. Homecomin’ is fantastic. They should have unsweetened tea.

That Easter display was awesome! I’m glad I got to check it out and share with the BC lovers!

Disney Skyliner construction has been progressing quickly...

img_3306jpg-jpg.315757

Wow, look at those birds!

Any idea what these are? I have never seen one, but I know there are bald eagles in the area between HS and the EPCOT resorts.

You really managed to hit the best of (what's left) at Hollywood Studios in the time you were there.

The models in Walt Disney Presents are really cool. I love that they have the World of Color mechanisms in the water. I do hope you get to Disneyland- we finally went 4 years ago and we really enjoyed comparing the similarities and differences between Disney World and Disneyland.

That girl behind you!

:scared1:

I had this poster when Mark and I went on RnR on the night we were wearing our anniversary buttons. I thought it was odd that it had my name and not his because I thought somehow they were referencing that milestone. But I guess everyone gets the Love is Forever tour! I thought that the woman behind me had a birthday message, though that freaked her out.

I got more than the love is forever tour this trip!

Wow, look at those birds!

Any idea what these are? I have never seen one, but I know there are bald eagles in the area between HS and the EPCOT resorts.

You really managed to hit the best of (what's left) at Hollywood Studios in the time you were there.

The models in Walt Disney Presents are really cool. I love that they have the World of Color mechanisms in the water. I do hope you get to Disneyland- we finally went 4 years ago and we really enjoyed comparing the similarities and differences between Disney World and Disneyland.

That girl behind you!

:scared1:
I didn’t even notice the birds. They could’ve been seagulls or something I really don’t remember.

I definitely tried to make the best of DHS!

I’ll get to Disneyland soon hopefully!

That girl is hilarious!

I'm not a Magic Band collector, but I love the Flower and Garden bands you got. Just think how many different combinations of running shoes and Magic Bands that you could put together!

Nice job getting so many pictures of the topiaries.

That's awesome that you got to experience Soarin', Test Track and the FP viewing spot for Illuminations. I haven't seen many pictures from this vantage point. I like it!

::yes::

I'm not a Magic Band collector, but I love the Flower and Garden bands you got. Just think how many different combinations of running shoes and Magic Bands that you could put together!

Nice job getting so many pictures of the topiaries.

That's awesome that you got to experience Soarin', Test Track and the FP viewing spot for Illuminations. I haven't seen many pictures from this vantage point. I like it!

::yes::
I definitely could have a lot of different shoe and magicband combinations!

Thanks! This was my second time viewing from the FP location and it’s not bad but I wouldn’t schedule it as one of my first three FPs only as an extra one.

I thought the Love is Forever Tour was just for me?

I am getting sick of uploading photos through the DIS so I am switching over to Flickr instead. This is really all Photobucket's fault for their ridiculous new policy. Anyways on with the show!

What does one do first after Illuminations for Extra Magic Hours? Gran Fiesta Tour of course!

IMG_3386 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Little did I know this would be an extended tour...

IMG_3387 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Interesting fact these skeletons above the arch helped inspire Lee Unkrich to come up with the idea for Coco. A movie I highly recommend if you have not seen it.

IMG_3389 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3390 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I don't remember exactly where it started but we soon were stopped... I thought oh boy are we gonna get evacuated? The water stopped moving and we sat for a few minutes. We the started again. Then stopped again, started again, and so on until we did finally eventually reach the end....

IMG_3391 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I love these AAs! Also fun fact for those that don't know they are originally from the Mickey Mouse revue a show that used to be in the Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland.

IMG_3393 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I finally got off the extended Gran Fiesta Tour. So what was next? Frozen Ever After!

I didn't get a FP for this ride because I was solo and it wasn't a high priority for me. Posted wait was 30-35 minutes I think? The line started outside the entrance though... The main hold up was scanning people for EMH. That said I was in line behind a middle aged couple (late 40s?) They were dressed up and seemed perfectly coherent. The woman was on the phone changing her flights or whatever and the guy started kissing her but in a very non-Disney way... I was like okay... It continued the entire time in the queue. It was never more than kissing but it was just weird! I didn't end up in the same boat as them so I didn't find out if their love is forever tour continued...

Back to Frozen!

IMG_3398 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3400 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3407 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3410 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It looks like Elsa has a face mask...

IMG_3412 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3417 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was time to head out! I was really tired and I was planning to get up early for something special the next day.

IMG_3423 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I guess I never downloaded my Frozen photo but here is my Test Track photo!

IMG_3455 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Up Next: Is it Black Friday?

Maybe I'm just immature, but PDA like that makes me uncomfortable. And, being in line for a ride, it's like you have no choice bu to be trapped there. . .
Yeah, It was ok at first because I thought it will be a one time thing but then it just kept happening! And you definitely don't have anywhere to go being in a queue.

Yeah, It was ok at first because I thought it will be a one time thing but then it just kept happening! And you definitely don't have anywhere to go being in a queue.
Just a single smooch is normal. But much more than that is a little too. . . private of an activity.

Your pictures as always are beautiful
You know we’ve never been on the tour
We always go in and walk downstairs to enjoy the market
Where is the tour exactly :confused3
Awkward PDA glad you didn’t have to share a boat

Your pictures as always are beautiful
You know we’ve never been on the tour
We always go in and walk downstairs to enjoy the market
Where is the tour exactly :confused3
Awkward PDA glad you didn’t have to share a boat
Thanks! The Gran Fiesta Tour is on the left when you walk in.

Gran Fiesta tour is a great ride and always has little to no wait. You also have some of the funniest Disney Park stories. Nothing screams romance like waiting in line for frozen.

Thanks for the tip about the lightroom app. Usually I just snap pics with my phone and edit whatever I ended up with on my computer via Paintshop, but I went and downloaded that app and really liked the preview I saw. Guess now I don't have an excuse to take good photos on my next trip. :rotfl:

Glad you finally got to experience an Epcot festival; personally, I think Flower and Garden is the best one. :goodvibes

I, too, hate the photobucket debacle. I've slowly been going through my old reports and fixing all the images that were taken away. It's rough going. :rotfl2: Now, I direct upload my ten images and if I have more than that then I use Flickr for the rest.

Pretty nice that Frozen was only 30-ish minutes during EMH. That's much better than the regular wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter