Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They offered an apology and an admission of guilt for their insensitive past videos. Yet, those same videos are still monetized on their channel and they are still making money from them. The fact that they have not removed the offense material from their channel shows complete and utter insincerity. Therefore, their actions directly contradict their apology. They've had more than enough time to remove the offensive content.

It does no good to admit your mistakes and then take no action to correct the same mistakes.
They already said that any money they received from those videos would be put to non-profit causes

I enjoy the Tracker's theme park videos but don't care much for their home blogs or other day to day videos. Never saw the original videos, saw the apology video and it seemed genuine and it seems plausible to me that they were unaware some of that content was up there. People change and hopefully it was for the better.

This may impact my viewing going forward but to be honest it probably won't as I would be holding the Tracker's to a standard that I'm not holding other content creators to (I'm not diving into their history to see if they did something questionable 7 years ago).

Michael Kay
DFB (Disney Food Blog)
The Dis Unplugged
The WDW couple
The Princess and the Bear
Mickey Views (He must be collecting unemployment check right now)

You are missing something good if you’re watching the Tim tracker instead of any of these guys.
I can't stand one of the people on your list. Opinions/tastes are a funny thing. :-)

I absolutely loved them. I mean I was a hard core Tracker fan, bought merch, and told all my friends to watch their vlogs. I came across their videos in the spring of 2018 and was hooked, watched every new blog, up until the last couple of weeks.

I recently found out about how Jenn mixes her business with personal social media accounts and how nasty she could be, especially on Twitter. I saw their older videos of controversy, which left a bad taste in my mouth, that were not 10 years old like they said in their apology, they were closer to 7 so not as old as they wanted you to think. The final straw for me was Sunday during their live stream. They were discussing why Tim was going to parks now(even though just a couple weeks ago they said Tim would not be going right away to the parks when they opened) but yet they still didn't feel comfortable about eating take out food. Jenn mentioned that people kept telling them to support local businesses during this time and she said, "It is not my job to support local businesses." That was my breaking point. I am not upset that they aren't comfortable eating out, to each his own, people need to do things when they are comfortable doing them during this pandemic. My issues was her attitude towards it. Isn't their whole livelihood based on people supporting them? It's not her job to support local. Well it is not my job to support them. I unsubscribed and won't be visiting their page any longer. I would much rather watch Molly from Allears, Adam the Woo, The DIS, or DFB.

I do not wish them any ill will. I wish them nothing but the very best, I just won't be following along anymore.
I just went and watched Sunday's live show. I didn't hear her say that. Did I miss something?

Used to watch them a lot when I first got back into Disney roughly 2 years ago.

But really haven't watched them anymore, just don't care about the content anymore that they provide (and this was pre-covid). Nothing against them, just not for me (I'm a 32 year old single male, so i'm not really their target audience imo)
I love the when they go to Busch Gardens Tampa and Universal. They show off the new coasters being built. That's the type of content I look for on YouTube

The Magic Dads I really like short videos . Great Cocktail recipe ones. Nice Restaurant reviews.

I love the when they go to Busch Gardens Tampa and Universal. They show off the new coasters being built. That's the type of content I look for on YouTube

same. I just felt like they've been doing less and less of that. And I get it, new baby, starting a family, so some if it changes. As I said, have nothing against them like others do, but I just found others that I enjoy more.

same. I just felt like they've been doing less and less of that. And I get it, new baby, starting a family, so some if it changes. As I said, have nothing against them like others do, but I just found others that I enjoy more.
The last week they have been at Busch Gardens and gave some updates on Iron Gwazi. As well as some updates on construction going on at the Jurassic park coaster. For me I like seeing how new coasters are coming along. Its why I go to theme parks. Seeing them go to Disney and just showing the site's does nothing for me. Now if he just spent time showing off Tron construction I would watch.

Michael Kay
DFB (Disney Food Blog)
The Dis Unplugged
The WDW couple
The Princess and the Bear
Mickey Views (He must be collecting unemployment check right now)

You are missing something good if you’re watching the Tim tracker instead of any of these guys.

Adam Hattan is another good one!

I suspect that subject may have set some people off, but they just don't want to bring up that fact. ;)

For me it had nothing to do with the big vs small business. Her comments were just the final thing in a laundry list of things that have been irritating me about them, well more specifically her, for a while now.

I respect everyone's opinion on here as to why or why not you watch Trackers or don't. Like I said in my original post, I wish them no ill will, I just will not be supporting them anymore.

But you know what I can understand, and I'm sick of? White people celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Why? Because as someone with Irish heritage, it ticks me off when people use St. Patrick's Day as a reason to get drunk or sing a song they don't actually understand is pro-IRA, or other ignorant Irish-American nonsense.
It is different than St Patrick’s though. St Patrick’s is an actual major holiday for the Irish.

Mexicans (as in Mexico) don’t even celebrate cinco de Mayo. Grupo Modelo all but created it into what it is today to sell their Mexican beer to Americans. And Americans bought it hook line and sinker. So it’s really not even appropriated because Mexicans don’t even care about the minor holiday cinco de Mayo. It’d be like another country taking “Flag Day” and appropriating it. :rotfl2:

We watched for a long while. Tim is mildly entertaining and gave a lot of good information on logistics related to parks, resorts, and restaurants. We stopped watching when they (esp. Jenn) started inserting political nonsense. My takeaway was learning about Disney parks and when that waned, we stopped watching.

Touring Plans is today allowing a Liner to advertise a petition to ‘save’ Splash. In 2019 they allowed a member to continue to participate on the forum and chat, after he repeatedly used the ‘n’ word. Far, far worse than anything the Trackers ever did. 504821

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter