Are there any “must eats” at Disney Paris?

msnewfie

Earning My Ears
Are there any extreme, Disney must eats ..like the turkey legs, Mickey pants sundae, cookie ice cream sandwiches, dole whips, funnel cakes, and I could go on and on...that I should be on the look out for when I go to the Paris Disney?

Are there any extreme, Disney must eats ..like the turkey legs, Mickey pants sundae, cookie ice cream sandwiches, dole whips, funnel cakes, and I could go on and on...that I should be on the look out for when I go to the Paris Disney?

trying to remember but none of these are sold at Disneyland Paris. In general though candy, chocolate and chips are different in Europe compared to USA.

Some of the restaurants have the same name but the food is different eg, Plaza Gardens is a European food style buffet, not an American style quick service. In general the food at Disneyland Paris is a lower standard and has less variety than the American parks.

This is the link to the dining and resturants, most of the places have a menu link http://www.disneylandparis.ie/dining/

I've been eyeballing the standard half-board meal plan on the assumption that DLP won't be a big foodie destination compared to the time I'm spending in London and (much more briefly) in Paris. Wondering if I'll really be missing out on all that much if I eat only at the buffets available on the standard plan plus whatever snacks I come across along the way, rather than making any table service reservations for the DLP portion of the trip.

I've been eyeballing the standard half-board meal plan on the assumption that DLP won't be a big foodie destination compared to the time I'm spending in London and (much more briefly) in Paris. Wondering if I'll really be missing out on all that much if I eat only at the buffets available on the standard plan plus whatever snacks I come across along the way, rather than making any table service reservations for the DLP portion of the trip.

Take a look at the restaurant menus on the official website before you make a final choice. I have been to Disneyland Paris 3 times and I never get a meal plan. They really push the meal plans and after doing alot of research I am very against them. I usually do 1 table service (Captain Jacks/ the restaurant in Pirates, quick service and snacks. The meal vouchers are only valid in Disney restaurants, they are not valid in places in Rainforest, Planet Hollywood, King Ludwicks etc in The Village.

The buffets (other than the fine dining Inventions restaurant) have pretty much the same food in different locations. The 2 pizza places have the same menus in different locations. Agrabah is middle eastern food. The burger places have the same menu in different locations.

I agree. The meal plan is generally not considered good value and limits your options a lot.

We got the "Half Board Plus" for free so we are happy about that. ( I booked through the UK site)... We are staying club level at Newport Bay... So breakfast at Compass Club, and we talked about just going with buffets as they are included with no upcharge... We might go with only 1 dinner an upcharge it.. when I make our reservations I have a list of questions and this is one of them... I just wished I knew what the dollar amount they allow is? so that I can be prepared..

Take a look at the restaurant menus on the official website before you make a final choice. I have been to Disneyland Paris 3 times and I never get a meal plan. They really push the meal plans and after doing alot of research I am very against them. I usually do 1 table service (Captain Jacks/ the restaurant in Pirates, quick service and snacks. The meal vouchers are only valid in Disney restaurants, they are not valid in places in Rainforest, Planet Hollywood, King Ludwicks etc in The Village.

The buffets (other than the fine dining Inventions restaurant) have pretty much the same food in different locations. The 2 pizza places have the same menus in different locations. Agrabah is middle eastern food. The burger places have the same menu in different locations.

I agree. The meal plan is generally not considered good value and limits your options a lot.

Ah, so it is like WDW, where it's only really a value if you get it for free on a promotion. Good to know. I was looking at breakfast and general buffet costs and it seemed to come out the same or less, but I'll admit that I didn't sit down and actually do the math and probably fudged things a bit when I converted currency in my head. And I guess figuring the cost of two buffets per day (breakfast and the lunch/dinner option) doesn't take into account the possible price difference for paying out of pocket at non-buffets. Looks like I've got a fair bit of math to do. I'm really just looking to keep things relatively simple for food in DLP, since I usually eat mostly counter service in WDW and Disneyland. I remember hearing that counter service locations can have really long lines/slow service in DLP, though.

Ever since they removed the breakfast from the hotels (and added them to the meal plan), the value of the vouchers has been unclear. Also, the dollar amount won't be of much use to you, as the menu's will be in Euro's

The amount of the voucher is in euro's ?... Right? ... and the menu prices are in euro's?............. so If I know this, than I can convert to Dollars, to see what the overage in dollars would work out to, keep track of everything in dollars,

As someone already mentioned the lines at counter service places can be very long and slow but if you try and eat outside the main meal times they are not always too bad.
Not all are open every day though so dont rely on a certain place being open.

However I think the counter service food can be really good and offers a big variety - they dont all serve the same type of food

Toad Hall (Fantasyland) - English Fish and Chips
Hakuna Matata (Adventureland) - African style food including the chicken strips linked above which are extremely nice
Fuento del oro(Frontierland) - Mexican style food
Cowboy cookout (Frontierland) - BBQ style burgers, chicken and ribs

The Hakuna Matata chicken strips and BBQ burgers are my favourite along with the Croque Monsieurs from Market House Deli on Main street

As someone already mentioned the lines at counter service places can be very long and slow but if you try and eat outside the main meal times they are not always too bad.
Not all are open every day though so dont rely on a certain place being open.

However I think the counter service food can be really good and offers a big variety - they dont all serve the same type of food

Toad Hall (Fantasyland) - English Fish and Chips
Hakuna Matata (Adventureland) - African style food including the chicken strips linked above which are extremely nice
Fuento del oro(Frontierland) - Mexican style food
Cowboy cookout (Frontierland) - BBQ style burgers, chicken and ribs

The Hakuna Matata chicken strips and BBQ burgers are my favourite along with the Croque Monsieurs from Market House Deli on Main street

Thanks for the suggestions... adding it to my notes...

One major difference with the sit-down restaurants in France is that the service and tax is always included in the prices. Take that into consideration when looking at the menus. Like others have said, just a simple steak can be completely different there since the french have their own style of butchery. They have their own unique cuts and be willing to try different things.

I really enjoyed the Walt's back in 2016, but they sadly changed the menu and made it more expensive and not as good menu wise. They even removed their signature dish, the Foie Gras Burger, in the process. I had the Foie Gras Burger then and it was heavenly.

So, when are the prime eating hours and times to avoid counter service? waiting 30 minutes for counter service would be very painful to this non-foodie. LOL.

I've browsed the menus and have not found any must-have snacks. Good to know about the Chicken at Hakuna Matata. It looks good. And we love fish and chips so would like to try that. We have "free half board" so will eat dinner at Remy's and Aggrabah -- reservations made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!