"Are we there yet?": My journey from the couch to a 1/2 marathon!

My last two runs I've tried doing intervals at 2min run/:30 sec walk. When I ran outside I ended up with a pace of about 10:30min/mile (my fastest yet!), but on the treadmill my pace is consistently slower by almost 2 minutes each workout. I feel like I'm working hard (if not harder) yet I'm slower? :confused3 I'm beginning to not like my treadmill so much anymore! LOL

I'll be running a 5K this Saturday and the fun part is there will be a free wine tasting at the finish!!! Looking forward to that and a later start time, so no having to get up so early. :)

Ran my 5K over the weekend! Race recap is here.

The weather was perfect that morning. I wish all running days were like this one. I ended up not doing my usual intervals and ran all but about a few minutes up a couple of hills. I really surprised myself!

I will officially start my Princess half training in three weeks and will also be doing another local 5K then too with a friend. It's starting to get more real! :banana:

Hey, I'm new to the WISH boards but I just wanted to congratulate you on finishing the couch to 5k! I'm not sure how many times I've started it and have never been able to finish, so its quite and accomplishment and very exciting!

You'll have a great time at the Princess Half, I'm sure. I've walked four Disney halves, and Disney races are the best!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter