Are You Ever Coming Home?...No! I am playing with Wizards, Farkles and Sparkling Friends

Continued from previous page

We did 3 right in a row without waiting for the others. The first one was the longest and I think the 2nd was the fastest.

kitts37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was a little awkward getting hooked and unhooked, but nothing too bad.

kitts41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After the 3rd one we waited then for several of us to come down before walking over to the next one.

kitts43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The last one was pretty short and was a side by side one.

kitts49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was a lot of fun, but way too short. For the amount of money and the time it took to get there and then harnessed up, I wish they offered a chance to do it again….even for a small fee. Kelsey and Emily have done this before and they said that this was really a baby course. For me it was perfect, but they said for the amount of money we should have gotten more.

We headed off to get everything off then and I had to have help dislodging the harness from my never regions. Hahaha. The one guy started ripping off my helmet before I was unstrapped and it was ripping my ear. I even made a comment that it felt like he was ripping my earings out……sure enough, later that night I did realize one of my small diamond stud earings (I have 7 holes in one ear and wear studs in most of them) was missing. I could tell you exactly where it lay too. LOL!

We had time to wait before our vans were coming back. They had the monkey guys around but they seemed good when you told them you had no desire to see them. However, they were scamming people with the cost. One lady kept telling him no, and then I guess she agreed with 1 or 2 other people in her picture and then they tried to charge her per person in the picture and she made a huge stink about it. I think they “reduced” the price for her, but she was not happy about it at all. Some people bought some drinks and we all just kind of waited and rested. Brook found out there was free wifi here. Many of us had data packages on the islands, but the wifi was moving fast, so we soon were all on our phones….and Brook took this picture.

kitts105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I’m sitting on the floor kind of behind Rob, so you can’t see me.

Our van arrived and we were hoping to get in the other one this time so we could have some air. Jeanne and a couple others did get in but they made them leave and go with the same driver. Ugh. It was hot again going back.

Rob took a picture of us all.

kitts56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then Brook did.

kitts150 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And off we went once again…in the hot van.

kitts70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

When we got back to port, many of us separated. I think Cass was going to do some quick shopping and head back to the ship before Cabana’s closed. We did some shopping as well and I was looking for something and found it. Claire found a shirt she liked and Jeanne’s girls were looking for something too.

kitts75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After we found all we wanted and needed we headed back to the ship.

kitts76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We boarded the ship and went our separate ways. Claire went to get freshened up and I went up top for a bit and got a drink.

kitts118 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They had the ship decorated for the 4th!

kitts119 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had come to the conclusion this morning that if I wanted to see Happily Ever After Fireworks when we got back to WDW, then I would probably need to get a dessert package. I had tried to look on my phone but it was giving me a fit. Brook suggested I ask one of our co-workers if she would do it for me, so I messaged her while we were driving. She went in, found a couple of them available and asked me which one. I told her to just do the cheapest and she got it. I asked how much I spent and she told me and it wasn’t too bad. I was now happy that I wouldn’t have to fight people to see them once we got back. Thanks to Dawn, it went smoothly and only took a short time for her to get it for me.

I am glad that this all worked out for you and relatively smoothly at that.

I think I may have just about managed this.

Corinna

Claire met up with me and we needed some ice-cream. Not just any ice-cream, but some from Sweet on You.

kitts85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Besides excursions, this was about the only place I spent money at on the ship. We did get a few specialty drinks, but for the most part our splurge was ice-cream.

kitts87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After ice-cream we got some food to take to the room.

kitts88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And Claire had chicken wings ordered in for her.

kitts89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think this is the afternoon we decided we wanted to play a game and put out the chat group message to let others know if they wanted to join in. Patty and Fred brought a game called Farkle. None of us have ever played it before, but it sounded fun. It’s a dice game.

We met up in Cabana’s to play. Even Zach joined today.

Brook, Joe and Henry also joined us. Fred and Patty explained the game and we played a few practice rounds. We then got started.

We had so much fun. We laughed and joked and had a good time playing the game. Henry was always asking the score. He was just too cute. Brook had said that at home if he wasn’t winning, he would be in tears and throwing a tantrum (which I find hard to believe), but here he was fine and just had a great time.

Brook and Jeanne kept calling it Sparkle. Jeanne then changed her “chat” name on the phone to “I don’t Farkle, I sparkle”.

We really had a great time and this became a new favorite game for all of us. I mentioned it to my family when we got home. I told them how much fun it was and that we should all play sometime. Next thing I know, I got a text from Aunt Mary, the one who spoils our kids….that she just ordered Farkle for Claire and it would be coming to our house via Amazon in the next few days.

After our game, we were pulling out and I went out to take a few last pictures.

kitts90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire had a hard day….she took a nap.

kitts92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then got ready for the 4th of July party, which was to start at 7:15. For some stupid reason, I never thought to pack Claire something patriotic. LOL! What was I thinking?

We headed up and found Patty and Brook and Jeanne soon came too.

kitts93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They were giving out little flags, so I went and got some for us. I had also given little patriotic sticks for the fish extender gift today, so we had both to wave around.

Selfie time.

kitts94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had Fred take some pictures of us.

kitts95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We saw our other co-worker but she was in a hurry to find her son, so we only talked to her for a minute. I never heard from Cass, so I wasn’t sure if she was coming to the celebration or not. I later found out she was there, but further back.

kitts120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It seemed to take quite some time for them to really get started.

kitts122 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Finally they did.

kitts123 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts124 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They took a selfie with all of us. LOL.

kitts96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then the singers came out to sing some patriotic songs.

kitts97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

One of them had a really twilly operatic type voice. I know some like it, but I personally do not like it and I felt it was ruining the songs.

Video

We then got a patriotic show with Mickey and the gang.

kitts98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts134 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts135 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts136 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts137 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts139 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts140 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The fireworks then started. These were much better than the pirate fireworks too.

kitts126 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took some video of them tonight.

kitts141 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts142 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts143 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And more characters then.

kitts127 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts128 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After the wonderful fireworks it was time for dinner. Cass and family joined us tonight. We had Rob take our picture.

kitts57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were at Royal Palace tonight and I believe we had the regular rotational menu with an extra patriotic menu as well.

Claire and I got our favorite drink there, the Princess Delight.

kitts145 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Escargot for me.

kitts129 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Shrimp.

kitts130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

French onion soup.

kitts131 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This was the American meal. We were disappointed that the fried chicken was just a chicken leg…which is my least favorite part of a chicken…unless it in the form of chicken wings/drumstick…covered in BBQ sauce.

kitts132 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I also got some other entrée but I guess I didn’t take a picture. Probably some form of steak.

Dessert time…another favorite…soufflé.

kitts133 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I believe I got the strawberry cheesecake from the patriotic menu to go tonight as well.

The kids made plans to go to karaoke tonight. They all headed off and I went back to the room.

Our towel animal.

kitts146 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then went and walked around a bit before calling it a night.

kitts147 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was super tired, so I went to bed and Claire came in late full of giggles and laughs. She talked a mile a minute about the fun they had that night, but I was half a sleep. She mentioned that one deck had the carpet being pulled up and then later saw them laying new carpet. Wow…I thought they had done this in drydock, but I guess it takes a while to lay carpet, so maybe they came back to do some more?

I told her to get settled down as we had another big day tomorrow.

July 5th, 2017, Day 11, Tortola

Today was the first port day that we would have an excursion on our own…without any of our friends at all. Claire kept hoping Jeanne and family would join, but they ended up just not doing anything today. They originally had the Baths scheduled but the time was changed and we had a short day in the port as it was, so she decided to cancel it. They told her if she wanted, she could join our excursion, but they needed a rest day.

I had my strawberry cheesecake from last night in my fridge, so that was breakfast today.

tort36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went up top a bit to take a look at Tortola. The horns sounded, which totally scared me, and I tried to catch them. As I was videoing, the NCL Escape pulled right in next to us. The horn did go off again and it scared me again. hahaha

Video

tort37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I walked around a bit to capture some more pictures.

tort41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had been neglecting getting ship pictures, so now was the time to make up for that.

tort50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now I had been on the ship for 7 days…the rest of this sailing was now bonus time! I tried to stay offline from the outside world on most sea days, but in ports I would check my emails and facebook. I was surprised each day to find posts under my pictures saying things like …Are you ever coming home?....Just how long is this cruise?...wish I had your job.

I kind of laughed and thought it was funny. I only had 2 days at WDW before the cruise…and up till this point; most reading would not know how many days my actual sailing was. For my Oct. trip I arrived in FL 3 days before our 7 night cruise and stayed an additional night after. As for wishing they had my job….I do love my job, but this was not a work trip.

I then headed back to the room to get our bag packed and ready for the day. Claire and I then headed down to D Lounge once again to meet for our excursion. Today we were doing Treasure Island Swim & Snorkel.

tort57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We grabbed some towels and got signed in and waited.

tort58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were led off the ship.

tort225 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort226 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Look at how blue that water is!!! I swear it wasn’t this blue in Oct.

tort227 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort228 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were led to our boat and we had to take our shoes off before getting on. They put all the shoes in a clothes basket. They wanted to keep their boat as clean as possible. At first I thought it was strange, but then I realized they really had a good idea.

A lot of people headed for the front, but we just found a both type table and sat down.

tort229 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And soon we were heading out.

tort230 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort231 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort232 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort233 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort234 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We puttered out slowly and I tried to take a lot of pictures.

tort235 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were bobbing and I realized I didn’t take sea sickness meds that morning….I did last night, but not again this morning. Now I was psychologically thinking I would get sick. The family behind us was talking about sea sickness meds as well and I asked if they had any extra….it was actually the lady who had been hypnotized the one night and we had talked here and there throughout the cruise. She did have some and I now felt better. LOL.

tort60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we got further out, we were bobbing a bit more and making dips…and all the people in the front were getting huge splashes. You would hear them scream each time it happened….we of course thought it was funny.

tort2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It makes me sad as I write this up and look at all the pictures since Tortola was just hit recently by Irma and pretty devastated right now.

About 20 – 30 minutes later we started to approach the area we would be snorkeling.

tort3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The reason I picked this particular excursion was because they said we would be snorkeling in caves. I had talked to someone in Oct who had done this excursion and they raved about it. As we approached the cave areas the captain announced that all the mooring balls were filled up and we would not be able to go to any of the 3 caves today. We would moore further down and have excellent snorkeling and he would keep watch to see if any of the balls opened up.

Total Bummer. I was so looking forward to going into the caves.

tort66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We found our spot and geared up and jumped in.

tort5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I will say the snorkeling was great here. I did see a ton of tiny jellyfish in the water though. I never felt like I got stung, but in spots they were everywhere. I, of course, had jellyfish sting repellent sunscreen…that I did not put on today….and was back in my room.

We swam around looking for the good spots to see. I will warn you now…I took a ton of pictures.

tort7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I always get excited when I see a colorful fish.

tort70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There was quite a bit to see so that at least made up for not being able to go to the caves.

tort9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I love to find coral and sea creatures that are different colors.

tort96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It always amazes me to see the blues, reds, yellows and purples under the surface.

tort99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The sun was really bright today too, which made shadows underneath as well.

tort103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort113 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort114 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There is just so many neat things underwater.

tort115 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort116 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort117 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort118 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort119 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort121 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took some above water pictures….and once again had the water spots.

tort11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There is Claire!

tort122 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Her goggles were so steamed up and I told her to spit in them to clear them, but she said she could see fine. I am not sure I really believed her.

tort13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort126 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Someone had a camera on a stick. It was funny to see it way down there like that.

tort16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Every so often I would swim into this grass stuff floating on top.

tort129 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Again, it just amazes me that all this is under us and we never even realize it when riding in a boat.

tort18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort131 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort132 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort133 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort136 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort138 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort140 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort152 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort153 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Hello Fishy!

tort154 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort155 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort157 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort159 by Jenseib, on Flickr

At one point, Claire got tired and headed back the boat and I told her I was not far behind.

tort163 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort164 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort165 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort166 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort168 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort171 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort172 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort174 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort176 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort179 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort181 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort182 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort183 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I decided to head back the boat too now.

tort185 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort186 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Wow that was a great snorkeling spot! Lots of great pictures! Too bad about the caves.

The NCL Escape looks like a cool ship.

All caught up!

Your photos are always amazing.

I agree about Irma. The thought of all these places that have been through so much. And now they won't be bringing in revenue from cruises for a while. Very very sad.

I love the characters in their patriotic outfits.

We were led to our boat and we had to take our shoes off before getting on. They put all the shoes in a clothes basket. They wanted to keep their boat as clean as possible. At first I thought it was strange, but then I realized they really had a good idea.

I have had that happen on a few snorkeling excursions.

I love the hull art on the Norwegian Escape.

The reason I picked this particular excursion was because they said we would be snorkeling in caves. I had talked to someone in Oct who had done this excursion and they raved about it. As we approached the cave areas the captain announced that all the mooring balls were filled up and we would not be able to go to any of the 3 caves today.

What a same that this did not work out as planned. I have one attempt at snorkeling in caves and also I normally love snorkeling, I totally freaked out. I am not going to attempt this again in a hurry.

I love all your snorkeling photos. It looks like you had beautifully clear water.

I, of course, had jellyfish sting repellent sunscreen

I did not know that something like this existed. I may need to invest in some of this.

Corinna

You got some great underwater photos, it is very hard to know what you are taking so kudos on the fishy pics. :thumbsup2 I agree that these islands have just been so devastated. We are scheduled to be in Tortola in January. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Wow that was a great snorkeling spot! Lots of great pictures! Too bad about the caves.

I was bummed about the caves, but at least the spot we went to had great things to see.

The NCL Escape looks like a cool ship.

I am a fan of NCL, so I liked it. I heard a lot of people comment on how it was an ugly box, but compared to Disney, many ships are ugly. I am sure I would have a good time on any ship.

Your photos are always amazing.

Thanks

I agree about Irma. The thought of all these places that have been through so much. And now they won't be bringing in revenue from cruises for a while. Very very sad.

It's so sad. I hope they can get these islands back to their former glory or better.

I love the characters in their patriotic outfits.

They were so cute.

I have had that happen on a few snorkeling excursions.

At first I was not happy, but the boat was super clean and I liked the idea.

I love the hull art on the Norwegian Escape.

It is pretty.

What a same that this did not work out as planned. I have one attempt at snorkeling in caves and also I normally love snorkeling, I totally freaked out. I am not going to attempt this again in a hurry.

LOL...maybe I would have too. If I ever got back to Tortola, I for sure want to do this excursion again in hopes of getting in the cave.

I love all your snorkeling photos. It looks like you had beautifully clear water.

The water was fantastic.

I did not know that something like this existed. I may need to invest in some of this.

Someone in our cruise group posted it and I found it on Amazon. It's sunscreen and jellyfish sting repellent. I actually got it for Castaway Cay, as that is where most people have issues with jelly fish. My cousins son was stung there on their 2nd cruise.

You got some great underwater photos, it is very hard to know what you are taking so kudos on the fishy pics. :thumbsup2 I agree that these islands have just been so devastated. We are scheduled to be in Tortola in January. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It is really hard to see what you are taking. I usually just have my arm outstretched and hope for the best as I click away.

Right now I hear January is iffy. Many lines have switched itineraries already, but Disney is only doing changes for a few weeks out at a time right now.

It wasn’t too long after I got back on that it was time to leave and they gave the signal for everyone to return and then we were on our way.

tort236 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort237 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Hello Caves…..so sad I didn’t get to go in one of you.

tort187 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort188 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort189 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort238 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort191 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort239 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They had a cooler with beverages and I went got us some drinks.

tort240 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The drowned rat look!

tort241 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort242 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort242 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort193 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we were sailing to our next destination, I felt a pinch on my foot. I looked down and it was this big (well he looked big to me) yellow and black spider. That sucker just bit me. I quickly got him smashed…but that sucker hurt.

Our next destination was a beach, Pirates Bight!

tort194 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We docked and headed up towards the beach.

As we got off, I asked the crew if a yellow spider was poisonous. I told them I didn’t want to go home with some Caribbean fever. LOL. They said no, and looked at what was left of the remains, and the one guy was like…oh that is the terrible poisonous such and such…and then laughed.

I don’t know how that sucker got onboard, but I was not a fan of him. I was fine, but my foot was sore for a bit.

tort195 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort196 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort198 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort199 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I parked myself at a picnic table and Claire and I talked for a while with the lady I had become friendly with.

tort200 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort201 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort243 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We debated going to get a snack or something to drink, but our friends husband brought out 2 drinks he had bought and it had come to something like $27…um we’ll wait. We don’t HAVE to have anything right now. LOL.

tort244 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort245 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort202 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort203 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After a bit we decided to head to the bathroom…however Claire wasn’t smart and didn’t go. She will wait till the last possible second. I try to tell her to go when she can because there may not be an option later.

tort204 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The bathrooms were actually pretty nice for an island bathroom.

tort205 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort206 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort207 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort208 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort209 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort210 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we were sailing to our next destination, I felt a pinch on my foot. I looked down and it was this big (well he looked big to me) yellow and black spider. That sucker just bit me. I quickly got him smashed…but that sucker hurt.

OK, I would definitely have freaked out there. I do not do spiders at the best of times and if one bit me, I would have lost it.

We debated going to get a snack or something to drink, but our friends husband brought out 2 drinks he had bought and it had come to something like $27…um we’ll wait.

That sounds like daylight robbery. I would have waited, too. That beach looked very beautiful though.

Corinna

Hi I just read through all 10 pages of your trip report :) It seems like you had an amazing cruise. I really enjoyed looking at your pictures from your snorkeling excursion in Tortola. I did that and also went to Pirates Bight so it was nice to see it again. I'm glad I got to there before the hurricane, it's so sad. I would have totally freaked out if a spider had bit me! That bar on the little island is way over priced, we also waited until going back to the ship to eat.

OK, I would definitely have freaked out there. I do not do spiders at the best of times and if one bit me, I would have lost it.

I don't really mind spiders...I just don't want one to bite me.

That sounds like daylight robbery. I would have waited, too. That beach looked very beautiful though.

I had read it was expensive before going, but I was shocked at just how expensive it was.

Hi I just read through all 10 pages of your trip report :) It seems like you had an amazing cruise.

Thanks for reading!!!! We had such an amazing time.

I really enjoyed looking at your pictures from your snorkeling excursion in Tortola. I did that and also went to Pirates Bight so it was nice to see it again. I'm glad I got to there before the hurricane, it's so sad.

I loved that excursion. I am sad about the hurricane too. I hope they can recover.

I would have totally freaked out if a spider had bit me!

LOL. I don't mind spiders so much, but not a fan of being bit by one.

That bar on the little island is way over priced, we also waited until going back to the ship to eat.

I'm all for supporting the islands and the locals, but when prices are that high....then no thanks.

We headed back to the beach and set our stuff down next to our new friends’ family and decided to hop in the water.

tort211 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort212 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort213 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort214 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort215 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort216 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We started talking to some people in the water and it was just nice hanging out and getting to know new people.

Some had come into Orlando during the rain storms and they were telling us about their flights.

We got the signal it was time to head back to the boat, so we got out of the water and grabbed our stuff.

tort217 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort218 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort246 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort247 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort219 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we got back onto the boat, the crew had a hose and they would wash our feet off before we got on. It was really nice. They kept the boat nice and clean.

I really liked this island beach and we were so happy to have done this excursion. Time to sail back to port.

tort220 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort221 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort222 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort223 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort224 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire now had to go to the bathroom. I asked her if she could wait, but she said no. I pointed out where they were and told her to be careful going down the steps as they were steep. (I had used the bathroom on the boat earlier). We were wobbling in the waves and she made her way to the steps and I lost sight of her then. The next thing we all hear is boom boom boom. My new friend asked me if that was my daughter and I said yes….she is super clumsy. I quickly tried to slide out of my seat…no easy feat when you are wet, and ran over to find a crew member helping her. I asked her if she was ok and she said yes. I am sure she was mortified too. The crew member helped her down the stairs and directed her to the bathroom. He helped her back up the stairs then and she came back to sit down. I double checked to see if she was alright. She is not good with pain and usually is dying with any little issue. She said over and over she was fine and I told her to tell me the truth. But she was fine. Thank goodness. And Claire is really clumsy. She tells me she falls/trips several times a week at school and it’s a running joke with her and her friends. ….and I’ll be honest. I am a little clumsy myself at times. I have fallen at Disney World and Disneyland…but usually when it has been raining and my shoes get slippery. Claire just trips over air!

Soon we were back at the port.

tort27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I now had to go use the restroom, but I waited till we were on dry land. There was a line, but it moved fast. We then looked at a few shops, but the only thing we bought was something that Jeanne had messaged me to pick up for her. Most of the shops in port are upscale. I would have liked to have gotten a magnet, but I didn’t really see a cheap type shop to look for one….though we didn’t look hard either.

We were tired and just wanted to clean up, so we headed back to the ship.

tort28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was walking too slow for Claire’s taste.

tort83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Come on MOM!!!!!

tort84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Look at that water!!!! Gorgeous!

tort88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got back on and Claire headed off to shower and I went up top for a bit.

We had a wonderful time on this excursion. Last Oct. we had done the dolphin swim with my sister’s family in Tortola and then basically got back on the ship. The port was only newly being built up and a lot of stores were empty. I thought Tortola was beautiful, but didn’t offer a lot. With this excursion I really changed my mind about Tortola and hope to go back and do it again. We had that good of a time on it. Sadly, Tortola’s port is closed for the unforeseeable future. I hope and pray they can recover and be a thriving island again and allow us tourist come and spend some money with them.

Really nice pictures of Tortola. Glad you got to see it twice before Irma. So much destruction from her and Maria.

Poor Claire with the "trip" to the bathroom on the boat. I hate boat bathrooms and will wait until land if at all possible. Of course land always looks closer than it is and at least once I was the one pushing people out of my way once in land!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter