Are You Ever Coming Home?...No! I am playing with Wizards, Farkles and Sparkling Friends

Today we were going to Sunscape on day passes. Sunscape is an all-inclusive resort. It normally cost $89 per person for a day pass, with kids being cheaper. We found out that we had access to a class they offer and if we took it and passed, then we could go for free with our credentials and up to 3 other family members at $25 a person.

Wow, that sounds like a fantastic deal.

I love this photo.

Corinna

HAHAHA, poor Nick

He was a good sport about it at least

I am so glad I didn't order that, it looked really gross :crazy2:

It was so disgusting!

I think you're right, from 10 to 12 is a huge gap ::yes:: Kira gets along really well with kids her own age and younger. She is now at a school that has older grades (7, 8 & 9) and she doesn't like being around the older kids. :rolleyes:

I guess you don't realize it till you get kids those ages together. Things went so differently than I expected.
That's funny that she doesn't like the older kids. Claire doesn't like the kids in the class below hers at school. To be fair...they do have some wild kids in that class.

m glad you had fun! And I am glad we didn't book it, Kira and I wouldn't have done so well on it based on your reviews. ;)

We had a great time, but it was wild.

Yes, the Queen Emma floating bridge! So very neat

I want to go back now and walk across it.

Hahaha, pretty cool that you could see the ship from your beach

I wish you guys would have come that day. It was a really nice place and we had a good time.

Those look delicious!

MMMM!!!!

Wow, that sounds like a fantastic deal.

It really was. I figured for the price I couldn't do too much complaining but when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. My other excursions were a little pricey so that made up for it.

I love this photo.

Thanks! I love to be able to see the ship from different places on islands.

I got out of the water, but obviously didn’t clean off my lens as I now have water spots on my pictures.

cur106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There is our beautiful ship.

cur107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I joined my friends and we just relaxed and had another drink. After a bit we were getting hungry. Patty had gone over to the Blue Water Grill, which was right next to us, and she made an order for food. We decided we would all go over and order and found a spot to sit as well.

Hello birdie!

cur109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think I got a chicken sandwich, thinking it would be a deep fried patty, but it was actually grilled. I also ordered an amaretto sour. This came out.

cur149 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That does not look like any amaretto sour I have ever have and I doubled checked that it was that. He said yes. It was and WOW!!! That sucker was strong. Too strong for me and I only drank half.

They had a BBQ going too, so Nick and I got in line for some ribs and chicken. Emily and Kelsey had also gotten pasta that looked good and I thought they got it from here, but after waiting in a long line, we found out there wasn’t any pasta. They had gotten it from the indoor buffet. At this point I was too full to go get any.

The food was good. I wouldn’t say over the top great, but decent for a beach side place…and it was included with our stay, so you can’t beat that.

After lunch, we relaxed and possibly dozed off a bit and just enjoyed the afternoon. I then took a walk to get some pictures.

cur110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur113 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur114 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur115 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur116 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Jeanne took a picture of Claire and I, then I took a picture of her family.

cur150 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The resort also has snorkeling gear included ( I didn’t realized that), and Kelsey and Emily went and got some and went out to snorkel. I asked Claire again if she wanted to go out and join them, but she didn’t.

cur151 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur152 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The weather was great! It was hot, but we were in a shady area and there was a breeze blowing as well. Of course if we got too hot we could just go in the water too. We also had some nice refreshing drinks.

cur153 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I loved all the plant life.

cur154 by Jenseib, on Flickr

All too soon it was time leave. We didn’t want to be late for the ship and we wanted to look around the port area a bit too.

Patty’s family left a little earlier as they wanted to do some shopping. She messaged us and said they were stuck in traffic because of a parade, so to plan to leave accordingly.

We gathered our stuff and I took the resort towels back. Jeanne collected our towels up and gave me mine and then she ended up with extra towels still. Hmmm? How did that happen? We knew there was at least one other party that we didn’t know who were also from the Disney ship…I did talk to them at one point….and we wondered if they had dumped their towels on our chairs when they left. Patty had all of hers, I had all of mine, yet we still had like 4 extra towels. Oh well, we’ll take them back. Disney loses a crazy amount of towels each and every sailing…..so always be sure to bring yours back.

We headed to the lobby and sent the older girls out to get a taxi coming and we collected our license. It wasn’t long and we were heading back to port.

cur155 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Once again Nick had the majority of the towels. LOL.

Our beautiful ship from the scary big bridge.

cur156 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We did a little shopping at the huts along the way to the port and then took some pictures. Claire found a shirt she liked and I got a magnet.

cur157 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur158 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur159 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur160 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur161 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Back to our lovely ship.

cur162 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur163 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was a really fabulous day. We enjoyed this port so much and I would go back to Sunscape on a Day pass in the future for sure. It was a wonderful beach and the water was fun for swimming and snorkeling….and hanging with friends made it all the better.

Back on the ship, Claire went to the room to get a shower and I went up top for a bit and took some pictures.

cur164 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Just look at that water! Isn’t it beautiful?

cur165 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur166 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur117 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur118 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur119 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur167 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I stayed up top for a bit and talked to some people and took some more pictures.

Here are some of the little shops we browsed coming back to the ship.

cur168 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur169 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur170 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then ran back down to the room to take a shower myself. Claire was perched in the window seat giving me a play by play of what was going on as the ship was getting ready to leave. Jeanne messaged me that the horns were going off, but I couldn’t hear them in our room. We had to lean against the window to really hear them.

The pilot boat approached.

cur105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur171 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur172 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur173 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think he was dropping off guys to untie the ship.

cur174 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire noticed we could see people on their balcony below.

cur175 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur176 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went back to getting myself ready while Claire gave me a very detailed play by play of what was happening.

cur177 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Mom, you need to see this…Mom! Look they are pulling in the rope!

cur178 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Here she is happy in one of her favorite spots.

cur102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

She was watching the guys in the bridge too.

cur103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Just about ready!

cur104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Good Bye Curacao!

cur179 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur180 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur181 by Jenseib, on Flickr

She has a really hard life!

cur183 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur184 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were trying to see if we could see Sunscape as we sailed away, but from this far they all looked the same. Claire was sure she spotted it though.

cur182 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur186 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur187 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur188 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We ordered some room service too. We were a little hungry and it’s just fun to do. I wanted to order the cheese plate, but Claire doesn’t really eat cheese, so I gave her some choices and chicken wings won. They brought them pretty fast and I forgot to take a picture right away, so here is a plate of chicken wing bones.

cur56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

She loved them and we ended up ordering them several more times during the cruise.

cur189 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur190 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur194 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur192 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There was a Disney Trivia going on at 6:15 and we wanted to do that, so I sent out a group message. Brook and Cass both said they would probably come, but both would be late.

cur57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire and I got started but we were stumped on some. We tried to remember them so we could ask when Cass and Brook arrived.

They both did eventually get there and we had fun trying to figure them out, but we did not win.

We had Claire take a picture of us.

cur99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We sat and chatted a bit and it was nice but it was time to move on unfortunately. We took off and later I found out that Cass and Brook both went out on deck 4 and saw the most amazing sun set. I totally missed it!

We gathered our stuff and I took the resort towels back. Jeanne collected our towels up and gave me mine and then she ended up with extra towels still. Hmmm? How did that happen? We knew there was at least one other party that we didn’t know who were also from the Disney ship…I did talk to them at one point….and we wondered if they had dumped their towels on our chairs when they left. Patty had all of hers, I had all of mine, yet we still had like 4 extra towels. Oh well, we’ll take them back. Disney loses a crazy amount of towels each and every sailing…..so always be sure to bring yours back.

Reading this really makes me understand why Royal Caribbean now has a system were they scan your card when you get towels and again when you bring them back. If you do not bring back all your towels, you get charged for them.

This really looked like a nice, chilled out day. The fact that things like food and snorkelling gear was included in the cost makes the deal even more amazing.

Corinna

It was a really fabulous day. We enjoyed this port so much and I would go back to Sunscape on a Day pass in the future for sure. It was a wonderful beach and the water was fun for swimming and snorkeling….and hanging with friends made it all the better.

I'm glad you all had a great day at Sunscape. :thumbsup2

We are just not sit on the beach all day type of people or else we would have joined you :rolleyes:

We ordered some room service too.

I can't believe we didn't do this, not even once :confused3 We didn't do it on our last cruise either :laughing:

Those cookies looked much better than the hockey pucks they were serving everywhere else :cool:

We took off and later I found out that Cass and Brook both went out on deck 4 and saw the most amazing sun set. I totally missed it!

I totally thought you were right behind us! Brook and I both said "WOW" as we walked by the big windows, I swear you were right there! :scratchin

It was probably the best sunset I have seen on a ship :worship: :love:

Sorry you missed it :sad1:

What gorgeous colours - the buildings AND the water!

we love AM Resorts, we have never stayed at a Sunscape but have done several of the Now and Dreams resorts (when we aren't on a Disney trip of course lol), staying 5 nights at Now Amber this coming November. I had no idea you could get day passes to these resorts, what an awesome idea!

Love how the kids started to bond after your day at the resort, so sweet!

Reading this really makes me understand why Royal Caribbean now has a system were they scan your card when you get towels and again when you bring them back. If you do not bring back all your towels, you get charged for them.

I get that too, but I like the freedom Disney gives with picking up a towel or several at different locations. I just wish people were responsible enough to bring them back.

This really looked like a nice, chilled out day. The fact that things like food and snorkelling gear was included in the cost makes the deal even more amazing.

I was very impressed with the offerings here.

I'm glad you all had a great day at Sunscape. :thumbsup2

I wish you had come too.

We are just not sit on the beach all day type of people or else we would have joined you :rolleyes:

I am not so much either, but when with friends it makes it a lot better. I am not one to sit and lay out all day long. But give me food drinks and the option to go in the water, plus being able to chat away and it's perfect.

I can't believe we didn't do this, not even once :confused3 We didn't do it on our last cruise either :laughing:

We did it the most we ever did on this cruise. I think 4 times at least.

Those cookies looked much better than the hockey pucks they were serving everywhere else :cool:

They were much better. We only nibbled on them throughout the cruise though and never finished them. We just kept eating all the time everywhere.

I totally thought you were right behind us! Brook and I both said "WOW" as we walked by the big windows, I swear you were right there! :scratchin

It was probably the best sunset I have seen on a ship :worship: :love:

Sorry you missed it :sad1:

I am so sad I missed it too. Both of you got some gorgeous pictures.

What gorgeous colours - the buildings AND the water!

I really liked this port a lot.

we love AM Resorts, we have never stayed at a Sunscape but have done several of the Now and Dreams resorts (when we aren't on a Disney trip of course lol), staying 5 nights at Now Amber this coming November. I had no idea you could get day passes to these resorts, what an awesome idea!

I hear good things about Dreams resorts, but I haven't been to one yet. I just need to win millions of dollars so I can travel all the time.

Love how the kids started to bond after your day at the resort, so sweet!

They actually started talking to each other and it was so nice.

Tonight they had an adult show at 7:30 with a comedian, Lynn Trefzger. Several of us met up at the Tube to watch the show. We got a floor seat, but this was my view.

cur100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was time for dinner then….tonight at Animators Palete. Claire and Nick were back at our rooms and we gave them instructions to come down to meet us at dinner. Claire was to knock on their door and pick up Nick. Claire said she knocked a few times before Nick answered, she thought he might have fallen asleep. He finally came out and they made their way to Animators, except they ended up on the wrong floor. Animators on the Magic and Wonder are on a different deck than the Fantasy and Dream and Nick was leading the way. Claire said she let him lead, but she was thinking they went the wrong way. But they showed up and that’s all that counts.

I think this is the night that Jeanne took this picture, but it may have been a different one.

cur195 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had the rotational menu tonight for Animators…which means I got one of my favorites!

The Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes

cur59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They also had banana bread for us, but it was a small basket and it went fast.

Bake potato and cheddar cheese soup.

cur60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And my entrée…… I think I got the beef tenderloin.

cur61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Tonight was the Crush show, so we had him floating around while we ate.

cur63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My dessert, which I believe was chocolate fudge cheesecake.

cur64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The show started and we enjoyed it like always. I wish they would change it up a bit though since it seems to be the same show since the Dream started sailing.

After dinner I headed out to deck 4 and we enjoyed watching the water go by. I tried for a picture of the water lit up but they all came out blurry.

cur65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A few pictures of Deck 4.

cur91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I really love this deck.

cur94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cur97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We headed back to our room and I ran into the Mom and Dad of the family who dressed up nightly for dinner. They had changed and were doing some kind of Finding Dory pub crawl, so they were dressed now to that theme.

cur98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our towel animal for tonight.

cur101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think we had an early night tonight. We had 2 fun, busy days in a row and tomorrow is another day at sea! We really enjoyed Curacao. I would love to go back there again…and Aruba too. The water was beautiful and we really had a good time. Maybe when the new ships come out they will start doing more Southern Caribbean itineraries. These ports were some of my favorites so far.

I get that too, but I like the freedom Disney gives with picking up a towel or several at different locations.

You still have this freedom on Royal Caribbean, at least we had on the ship we have been on since this was introduced, but they just swipe you card.

Tonight they had an adult show at 7:30 with a comedian, Lynn Trefzger.

That is an unusual time for an adult show.

We had the rotational menu tonight for Animators…which means I got one of my favorites!

The Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes

I am glad that this is still on the menu. I had heard at the beginning of the year that this had been removed.

Corinna

You still have this freedom on Royal Caribbean, at least we had on the ship we have been on since this was introduced, but they just swipe you card.

Good to know.. Eventually I will get on one of their ships!

That is an unusual time for an adult show.

It was, but since this was a different itinerary cruise they had a lot of different things...but I really enjoyed it being different.

I am glad that this is still on the menu. I had heard at the beginning of the year that this had been removed.

They have been changing things, but I doubt they would take this one away. I think people would riot. hahaha

Day 9, July 3, 2017, Day at Sea

I woke up early again today and went out for my walk with Jeanne. This morning Emily was out walking too. Then Patty and Caleb joined us, and then a little later Brook joined as well (I can’t remember if Henry did too or not).

It is harder walking with a bigger group as you can’t walk side by side with all the runners going by and also at each end of the ship you have to walk single file to allow the runners to get by as well. My feet were screaming again, but I kept going. I kind of stayed at the back of the pack to keep out of the way, but sadly I could only hear parts of the conversation today. That was fine though and I was happy to get another 4 miles in today.

As we ended our walk, Jeanne was talking about how her and her girls were going to Palo today. She said I should join them since it was only 3 at their table and we all know the table will hold 4. I thought about it a bit. I had not booked Palo brunch this time for a few reasons. One is that I didn’t want to go alone. Two, I didn’t want to intrude on anyone else’s family time. Three, did I want to spend the extra money?

After thinking it over, I told Jeanne I would tag along. I guess you are not intruding if you are invited. I know Jeanne, she wouldn’t have invited me along if she didn’t want me to come. LOL.

So I went back to the room and took a quick shower and pulled out a dress and dolled myself up. Claire was still sleeping, so I put the do not disturb sign out, but I did let her know where I was going to be. Whether she actually comprehended that, I don’t know.

I then went down and knocked on the door and we headed up to Palo. With Jeanne’s family, they always take the stairs….always. Jeanne does the elevator at times, but the kids never do. I don’t do going up well unless it’s just 1 floor. I tend to huff and puff and die. Hahahaha. I think Jeanne and I took the elevator up.

We had no problem adding me to the reservation and soon were seated. Since I had just been here in Oct, I didn’t take any buffet pictures today. I did get my plates though.

sd1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My favorite chicken parm with risotto.

sd2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I also ordered the calzone and it was brought out after the chicken, which I thought was strange.

sd3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

One of the girls got the Mickey waffle.

kitts by Jenseib, on Flickr

My desserts.

sd5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I really did good today. I didn’t overload on the buffet offerings too much and I didn’t over stuff myself like I normally do. I was able to walk out without totally wobbling.

sd6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Jeanne and I got a picture together. This dress I am wearing is not really flattering, but it is so comfortable. I have 3 of them and they are great for cruise eating.

sd7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Today there was a family show for the comedian Lynn Trefzger, so we decided to go to that and we put it out in the group chat.

It was in the Tube and we headed down early.

sd8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We did find floor seats today.

sd9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sd10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sd11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got seated and I believe Patty’s family was there and maybe Jeanne too? We saw Patty’s son Zach sitting in the back with a bunch of his new friends. Patty commented on how they had to pretend not to know him…..in a joking way. So I turned around and waved a big wave and in a funny voice said “Hi Zach! Zach, Zach, can you see me?” We all laughed….even Zach and his friends. Good sports! Fred said that Zach has had his grandfather doing stuff like that to him since he was little, so he knows how to roll with it. Zach is really a good kid! Both of Patty’s boys were good kids.

Disney Tune Trivia was going on, so after some relaxing, Claire and I met Cass in La Piazza at 2:30. I did this one last time…and I should have been good….but I wasn’t. One of my favorite songs, Drip Drip Drop Little April Showers, from Bambi, was on and I knew it right off the bat. Cass looked at me like I was crazy, but I swore it was right! And I was. She then said she heard it all the time on the ship later and never really paid attention before.

After all that fun, we headed back to our rooms to relax a bit. Someone was obsessed with the chicken wings yesterday and we had to make another room service order.

I got my usual.

sd12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And Claire got 2 orders of wings.

sd13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I did help her eat them though.

Then it was time for the show tonight, Wishes. We met some of the gang down at the theatre and also got our popcorn buckets filled. I was sitting next to Brook on my one side and as the show was coming to an end, Henry said to her…”You’re gonna cry aren’t you?” hahahaha. He knows Brook so well….and she did!

sd25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sd26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sd27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sd28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sd29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The story line is pretty corny, but it’s still a fun show.

After the show we moseyed out to the atrium and I made Claire sit on the plush couch for a picture or 2.

sd14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We just chilled for a bit and then we heard from Jeanne that her kids were going to the talent show, so Claire and I headed to the Tube to watch. Now some people were really good and some were just awful. Hysterically awful. I am sorry…and I know it takes a lot of guts to get up on stage and sing or do your thing, but some were just ear piercingly bad.

Nick had positioned himself behind a propped up menu so he could hide himself if he started to laugh. That right there made me laugh.

sd30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And laugh he did.

sd31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sd16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And once we started laughing, we just couldn’t stop. Even when good people came on, we started to laugh now. I guess the lack of sleep and the case of the sillies was to blame.

Jeanne came down then to watch and one person was particularly bad and she started laughing and left. Then she was messaging me that she could still hear it in the hallway and couldn’t stop laughing.

sd17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Oh My Gosh! We are all going to hell! Luckily it wasn’t too long and it was now time for dinner.

Enchanted Garden tonight. We had the rotational dining menu tonight. Cass’s family was doing pool time again, so Patty’s family joined our table once again.

My appetizer.

sd18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think I got a Caesar salad again too.

Entrée

sd19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Dessert

sd20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sd21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And Claire got “Nothing” for dessert.

sd22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I like this restaurant’s menu and all was very good tonight.

Ferdi came over to do his tricks again tonight.

sd23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had a lot of fun with him.

Then we sent the little ones off. I think Claire went to the room again tonight to watch another movie.

Several of us went to see Match Your Mate. We sent Kelsey and Emily ahead and they got us some decent seats.

sd32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sd33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It really was a funny show and the older couple was hysterical. One question was basically where is the most unusual place you have done it. The guy then says, “well in my daughters driveway or Walmart parking lot.” We totally died laughing. Deano was hosting and he was just having so much fun with them. Come to find out, they had a motorhome and had parked it in those locations when the deed was done. When the wife came back out to answer and try to match the answers, she says “Well it’s hard to say. I can think of 2” and of course Deano prompted her to say more and she matched his 2 answers and ended up picking the right one he did for his final. The daughter was in the audience and was totally dying.

What a fun show!!!

I headed back to the room then.

sd24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And our towel animal for today.

sd34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And off to bed we went. Tomorrow was another port day and the 4th of July! My family has a party every year and I would be missing it this year. Actually I already missed it as they had it on the 3rd this year. I was ok with it, but still bummed a bit about missing the traditional party with fireworks. Fortunately, Disney announced that they were having a 2nd showing of fireworks for the first time on the Fantasy in honor of the 4th of July!

Last edited:
Glad you liked Aruba and Curaçao. I went to each TWICE this last May. Unintentional as one was a solo cruise booked two years ago and the family decided last October they wanted the family cruise to go to the same islands. Fine with me. If you get a chance to do Bonaire that is worth it too.

My cruises were on Carnival and Royal. They make you check out your towels. Saves tons of money. Making cruises cheaper and Carnival has REALLY nice towels. I will still say a Disney cruise is worth it, and I wouldn't mind checking out towels on them if it helped stop the rising prices.

Glad you went to Palo and I like that dress. Can't beat comfort.

I Love your Palo dress, looks so cruise comfortable and easy to wear and pack love the cold shoulder sleeves. Can I ask where you bought it?

What a nice surprise that you managed to arrange a Palo brunch on short notice. This looked like another really fun day with a little bit of everything.

Corinna

Glad you liked Aruba and Curaçao. I went to each TWICE this last May. Unintentional as one was a solo cruise booked two years ago and the family decided last October they wanted the family cruise to go to the same islands. Fine with me. If you get a chance to do Bonaire that is worth it too.

How fun! They really are great ports. Bonaire is one I heard is great too and I hope to get there some day.

My cruises were on Carnival and Royal. They make you check out your towels. Saves tons of money. Making cruises cheaper and Carnival has REALLY nice towels. I will still say a Disney cruise is worth it, and I wouldn't mind checking out towels on them if it helped stop the rising prices.

I have never been a fan of checking the towels out. NCL has a system too somewhat. I do understand the reason why, but to me it is such a pain.

Glad you went to Palo and I like that dress. Can't beat comfort.

It was super comfortable!!

I Love your Palo dress, looks so cruise comfortable and easy to wear and pack love the cold shoulder sleeves. Can I ask where you bought it?

I got it at Kohls. I got 3 different colors. I love the cold shoulder look too. Claire has a couple cold shoulder dresses as well.

What a nice surprise that you managed to arrange a Palo brunch on short notice. This looked like another really fun day with a little bit of everything.

Corinna

It was nice they let me join them. Good food and conversation!

July, 4, 2017, St. Kitts, 4th of July!!!!!! Day 10

I woke up this morning and we were getting close to St. Kitts already. I headed up top to take a look.

kitts1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Patty, Jeanne and I went for our deck walk today since we didn’t have to get off the ship as early this morning.

kitts63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We could see rain coming across the water. It was really neat to see.

kitts65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It ended quickly and a rainbow came out.

kitts66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We docked and people were being let off.

kitts8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

What a great view to have when exercising.

kitts10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The deck did get a little wet, which meant I had to be careful. I am famous for slipping on wet surfaces.

kitts107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After our walk I got Claire moving and we got some breakfast. I could also connect to the data on the island and saw a facebook message from my uncle. He sent some pictures from the party at home and said it was a nice party. He also told me that Skip did come to the party and seemed to be having a good time, but was missing his family.

kitts110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Today’s port adventure was ziplining. This would be a first for me and honestly I never thought in a million years I would do it. Jeanne, Cass, and Brook’s families were all doing it and kind of pushed for me to do so as well. Claire also wanted to do it. I was pretty nervous, but excited too.

We met at DLounge and then were taken off the ship.

kitts111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

KITTS101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts113 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts114 by Jenseib, on Flickr

In this building we had to sign waivers and get weighed…..what? LOL! I knew there was a weight limit, but I was praying all this cruise food didn’t throw me over. I think it was actually pretty high though.

kitts115 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We waited in line to get weighed.

kitts116 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The lady weighing seemed to be just getting a rough estimate as she wouldn’t let the scale totally settle on a number in most cases. When I got weighed the number was much higher than I expected though. I think it was like 15 more. There is no way I gained 15 lbs on this cruise. Even the skinny girls said the scale was way off, so that made me felt better.

We then were to get in line for the vans. They said something about a bathroom and I like to use a bathroom every chance I can, so I ran with Cass. Kelsey had to go too. Jeanne looked at us like we were all little kids. LOL.

Our ship view as we waited.

kitts117 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then got divided into 2 groups to take vans over to the zip lining place. We had enough to fill 1 van.

kitts148 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Selfie time!

kitts149 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And off we went.

kitts68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The lady weighing seemed to be just getting a rough estimate as she wouldn’t let the scale totally settle on a number in most cases. When I got weighed the number was much higher than I expected though. I think it was like 15 more. There is no way I gained 15 lbs on this cruise. Even the skinny girls said the scale was way off, so that made me felt better.

You are definitely braver than I am. St. Kitts looks beautiful. How strange about the incorrect scales. I suppose it makes no difference is the person is lighter than expected. The other way round would be more of an issue.

Corinna

You are definitely braver than I am. St. Kitts looks beautiful. How strange about the incorrect scales. I suppose it makes no difference is the person is lighter than expected. The other way round would be more of an issue.

Corinna

It was definitely friend courage. I would have never booked this on my own.

We went through some winding roads and it was really hot in the van. I asked the driver to turn the air on and the vents were just blowing warm air, he said he had it on. Obviously it wasn’t working. It was really uncomfortably hot in there and a few people opened their windows and that helped a bit. Then the driver turned off the fan since the windows were open. Ugh. At one point we came to a stop on a winding road and then we had to back up as a big load came down the road. It was stifling hot. Not a pleasant ride at all.

I had come to the conclusion this morning that if I wanted to see Happily Ever After Fireworks when we got back to WDW, then I would probably need to get a dessert package. I had tried to look on my phone but it was giving me a fit. Brook suggested I ask one of our co-workers if she would do it for me, so I messaged her while we were driving. She went in, found a couple of them available and asked me which one. I told her to just do the cheapest and she got it. I asked how much I spent and she told me and it wasn’t too bad. I was now happy that I wouldn’t have to fight people to see them once we got back. Thanks to Dawn, it went smoothly and only took a short time for her to get it for me.

Finally we arrived. I have stolen a few of Cass’s pictures of the place because I was slacking off.

We were told we had to rent a locker, which cost something like $3. (Again, this is something that should have been noted on the DCL description). Also if you wanted to use the bathrooms, they had to give you a ticket….I guess to prevent random strangers from coming and using them? Really strange.

So Cass and I took a ticket and ran to the bathroom. Better go now just in case.

This is the bathroom building and we made our way over there.

kitts102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There was a guy telling us when we could go in. He then told Cass it was full but when one opened, she could lay her ticket on the counter and go in….he had to go number 2. Hunh? Did I just hear that right? And he went in the door and passed the women’s stalls and further into another connecting room….which was the men’s bathroom. Yes…we were all one happy family with one big bathroom…with the first 3-4 stalls being for the girls and then a doorway into the mens.

I am a shy bathroom person and I thought…I am not sure I can go in a situation like this….but I did and I was fine. At least the bathroom was somewhat clean. I asked Cass if I had heard the guy right and she said yep! And we were totally laughing.

I had a bag, so I got a locker. I went in and paid my $3. It was a total cluster muffin in there with them handing me a key, but making me wait to pay with another girl who was helping other people and kept ignoring me. Finally I just said….here is my money for my locker….my party is waiting for me…and they were as they kept texting me….and I can’t wait for you to decide to take my money…and I then left.

I found out later that they basically didn’t have change, so if people did not have exact change, then they would make them buy drinks or something. Also if someone wanted to charge the locker, again they wouldn’t take a charge under $20. This was basically robbery and luckily I had exact change or I would have pitched a major fit. Again, this is something that is supposed to be included in Disney excursions.

I finally got my stuff in my locker and met my waiting group.

kitts11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This is the building we went to then to get harnessed up.

kitts103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Don’t we look attractive?

kitts13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got a few pictures with some of the guides.

kitts19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The helmet totally makes the outfit.

kitts21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The first one we would do was a practice course and we would go side by side with someone else. It was low and basically there for us to learn on. We were shown how to hold our hands and arms and legs and to spread our legs out as we approached the end so that we wouldn’t hit the wire or spring.

I was nervous, but compared to Brook, I was calm. LOL

kitts22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Here we go!!!!!!!

kitts54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After we all had a chance on the practice one, we loaded into a truck to head up the mountain…..and they packed us in there. Rob and Kira ended up sitting in the cab of the truck.

kitts52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And off we went.

kitts27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The road was bumpy and at time it felt like we were going straight up.

kitts28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitssup by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It took a while to get up to the top and we did some screaming and laughing as we bumped along. Finally we made it and Rob jumped out and took a picture of all of us.

kitts58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And now the moment of truth. We had to carry our little trolley things too and they were a little heavier than I expected them to be, but not bad.

kitts31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Kelsey and Emily went right at it with no fear.

kitts32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I figured it was best to just get it over with and headed out. I took a few pictures as I went.

kitts33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was not bad at all. Nothing like how I expected it to be. The kind of harness we were wearing basically made us in the sitting position. The height didn’t seem that bad because the tree tops really weren’t that far below.

kitts34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

kitts36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!