Are you in a good or bad mood?

Bad.
A lot of not good news today. One of my true friends left us today. Few would think we cared for each other the way we did. A born and bred life long Texan, Armed Forces lifer married to an Okie tech nerd, who cried when her swans and dogs died ( wild pigs and foxes are dastardly) and never heard a sob story she didn’t believe, bonded with a stone cold don’t take me for a fool caustic NYCer.
We brought out the best in each other and nursed each other through good and bad times.
May Shirley and Robert meet up again

I just burst into tears this evening because my sister just texted me that she and my niece and my mom are all watching Hamilton on Disney + together right now out in California. My 85 year old mom mentioned really wanting to see it a few weeks ago, and she was going to call her cable company. It would not have worked, and she would have been terribly frustrated. She doesn’t have a smart tv, WiFi isn’t strong enough at her house, and she’s not tech savvy at all. So I asked my sister if she could help our mom watch it. My amazing sweet sister came through today, and I cried bc I was so happy my mom got to watch it, and I wanted to watch it with them. I’m such a baby.

I also cried out of frustration this morning. My DD’s college tuition was due today. We have the Virginia Prepaid 529 plan that covers her tuition. The school sent us a bill 3 weeks ago, and her 529 money was not showing as pending. I’ve been working on getting it fixed for 2.5 weeks. I’ve talked to the school multiple times and Va 529 multiple times. The problem is on Va 529’s end. Early last week after 2 hours on hold, I thought I had it fixed. Va 529 was supposed to send DD’s name on a paid list to the school on Friday. I called the school Friday afternoon and nope! Not done. Nor did Va 529 call me to let me know they’d run into a problem. So I called Va 529 again today, waited on hold for 1.5 hours, and finally got someone to help me. For some reason they needed a new intent to enroll form even though we filled one out back in 2017 when she graduated high school. They wouldn’t release her money to her school without it. I tried to fill it out online but was told only DH could do it because the account was in his name. I called him to help me, he got super annoyed that I couldn’t take care of it myself, and I burst into tears. He ended up taking over the phone call, getting the form filled out, and getting an email confirmation that her name had been sent to the school. The school already knew to be on the lookout for an email from Va 529 because of my conversation with them on Friday, so as soon as they got it, they confirmed it with me and posted the pending payment to her account. The late fee was avoided, her classes weren’t dropped, and her account wasn’t frozen, whew! But it sure was stressful. And!!!! It turns out DH had received a notice from Va 529 about the stupid form way back on March 4th, which he ignored. Arggggg!!!!!

Other than that, I’m having a good day!

I've had a hard day today. My best friend of 42 years died last week (not from covid), and I'm having a really hard time with it. I just can't make it be true in my head, and every day I think of something new that I wish I could talk to her about.

I just really miss her and I can't quite figure out yet how I'm going to do my life now that she's gone.

Overworked.
Underpaid.
Not well rested.
Not eating properly.
Not exercising.
Not dead yet.
Tomorrow’s a new beginning.

To those who have lost loved ones, I am so sorry. It's hard enough to lose someone dear during "normal" times. But 2020 just seems to make us feel the bruising more. Sending hugs and sympathy.

I've had a hard day today. My best friend of 42 years died last week (not from covid), and I'm having a really hard time with it. I just can't make it be true in my head, and every day I think of something new that I wish I could talk to her about.

I just really miss her and I can't quite figure out yet how I'm going to do my life now that she's gone.
Hugs to you during this terrible time of loss. I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

It's often difficult for our hearts to accept such a loss. I am so so sorry. :hug:

Glad you went in about the bat. Better safe than really really sorry.

Yeah, for sure, I’ve learned a lot about bats including the fact that they’re everywhere around here! I’m pretty sure today’s visit already maxed out my out of pocket (the immunoglobulin is insanely expensive) so at least the next 3 visits for the rest of the shots should be free haha.

the whole thing has just been surreal.

Thoughts and prayers for those who have lost a loved one. I am so sorry. This year will hold many memories, some of which will not be happy ones.

Bad. I have learned things about some of those closest to me and I'm just... sad, depressed, sick about it. People who aren't who they've portrayed themselves to be. Big losses in my life... I just want to be anywhere besides stuck here in my own life right now.

My mood changes an average of 38.234 times a day. Right now, I am ok - more sad than mad. Dealing with my 16 year old dog and the inevitable decision. It's absolutely shredding me emotionally.

I am sorry for people who have lost friends and family members. I hope your good memories help you through the tough times. Also, making the inevitable decision for an elderly dog is heart wrenching. :worried:

My mood is cranky and nudgy. I am just getting tired of it all. I am trying to get 40+ hours of work done in the 24 hours a week they are able to give everyone now. I have vacay next week and am hoping I can forget about the disaster I will be coming back to for work after vacation and enjoy my time off. Also, I need some alone time! I have not had any since February as DH works from home now too. I need at least one day a quarter off for me time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!